• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    1. OK
    2. disagree. still a position of need, imo
    3. no idea why people use PFF grades for Olinemen
    Well say we took Nelson 5th overall. That leaves us still with a pass rush that has only Von in it, who does a much better job rushing the passer and shedding blocks than Barrett or Ray. Does Nelson necessarily significantly change our status more than Chubb does now, who is giving Von a chance? I don't think it's a coincidence that Miller already has 4 sacks in two games the season we drafted Chubb. When Ware was here, both he and Miller feasted. When Ware left, the sack count significantly diminished. It takes two good pass rushers to consistently get to the QB.

I try not to reference PFF, but it at least gives you an idea overall of how a player is doing. Right now we have #3 run blocking o line, and a top 10 pass blocking unit. I'd say we are doing just fine without Nelson.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 09-22-2018, 01:28 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
      Much earlier if you just look at their facial features!
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
        I'm rewatching the Seahawks game right now.
        Just notice Von's sack in the 4th qtr.
        That was also due to pressure by Chubb beating Brown to the inside forcing Wilson to run backward, giving Von's time to get there to make the play.
        And then third and 5 with just over 4 minutes left, Chris Harris Jr.'s sack came about in similar fashion - Chubb beating Brown again to the inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          Well say we took Nelson 5th overall. That leaves us still with a pass rush that has only Von in it, who does a much better job rushing the passer and shedding blocks than Barrett or Ray. Does Nelson necessarily significantly change our status more than Chubb does now, who is giving Von a chance? I don't think it's a coincidence that Miller already has 4 sacks in two games the season we drafted Chubb. When Ware was here, both he and Miller feasted. When Ware left, the sack count significantly diminished.

I try not to reference PFF, but it at least gives you an idea overall of how a player is doing. Right now we have #3 run blocking o line, and a top 10 pass blocking unit. I'd say we are doing just fine without Nelson.
          I don't believe this talk of Chubb "helping" Von. If anything, Von is helping Chubb. Why does Von have 4 sacks already? It isn't Chubb. It's Germain Ifedi. IMO,
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
            And then third and 5 with just over 4 minutes left, Chris Harris Jr.'s sack came about in similar fashion - Chubb beating Brown again to the inside.
            On Wilson's last two pass attempts, Chubb was there with the push back, not allowing Wilson the time to set his feet to throw; the last attempt resulted in another INT.

So yes, Chubb played quite well in his debut, I'd say.

Comment

I don't believe this talk of Chubb "helping" Von. If anything, Von is helping Chubb. Why does Von have 4 sacks already? It isn't Chubb. It's Germain Ifedi. IMO,
              Miller still had a sack and would have had two against a good Raiders line also. You still aren't making a good case for getting Nelson. What is he doing that McGovern isn't?
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Mack only had 1 sack against Ifedi.

So maybe he might have had more if he'd had Chubb rather than Floyd (AKA Bruce Irvin 2.0)

Comment

• Well here I am rooting for chubb to stick it to Flacco so we can end this debate about a good pickup at 5. Chubb has a motor and pursues so when the game slows down for him I expect him to make the plays people are expecting from him.

I mean he's getting pressure and if he's doing that we'll isn't he just forcing people into Miller? Ray was supposed to be that guy but he's been about as average as they come. I don't even hear his name much anymore....Guess he's just coasting through the year so he can be a chief next year.

Slow down on Chubb though he is being coached up by Ware and he's adjusting to the speed of the nfl but the kid is holding his own so far.
                  :go:

Comment

Mack only had 1 sack against Ifedi.

So maybe he might have had more if he'd had Chubb rather than Floyd (AKA Bruce Irvin 2.0)
                    or maybe he would have had more if he had been on the team for more than 2 weeks
                    sigpic

Comment

or maybe he would have had more if he had been on the team for more than 2 weeks
                      Why not both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest
                        Oh, come on. You know I love you, dude.

Even so, I think most people are going to side with a team of people trying to break players down by a set of formulas over one person's assessment.
                        I think more people will start agreeing with my assessment if Chubb continues on the level he is. Everyone is still enamored with his predraft hype and are over evaluating his play. The 2 teams we have played, Raiders and Seahawks are 2 of the worst teams in the league right now. They haven't even played a good team, let alone a good running team. The real tests are week 4 and 6.
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-22-2018, 01:45 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why not both?
                          very possible
                          sigpic

Comment

I think more people will start agreeing with my assessment if Chubb continues on the level he is. Everyone is still enamored with his predraft hype and are over evaluating his play.
                            He's currently on track for 4 sacks. This is assuming you think the Raiders O-Line is a typical game.

That would match Khalil's rookie year.

Maybe you're being a bit tough on the grading curve?

Comment

I looked for a video of that play but couldn't find one.
                              The game highlights vid has that play with 9:17 in the fourth, after the TD catch by DT.

https://youtu.be/Nyt_y8YWTzo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest
                                Oh, come on. You know I love you, dude.

Even so, I think most people are going to side with a team of people trying to break players down by a set of formulas over one person's assessment.
                                Looked up Shaq Barrett. He was graded as #12 3-4 OLB last year. Anyone buying that? and if so...why was Chubb necessary, or even an upgrade, over a top 12 guy?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X