The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We definitely should have drafted someone else.
    Lol. Let’s hope Chubb and Von get to Flacco more today.

Comment

• So with all of those QB's sitting on the board, we chose the one that......doesn't play QB. Fast forward to now, we are still struggling with our QB play and Chubb, while making some plays, is a non-factor. So I won't say overhyped, but the wrong pick.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
        So with all of those QB's sitting on the board, we chose the one that......doesn't play QB. Fast forward to now, we are still struggling with our QB play and Chubb, while making some plays, is a non-factor. So I won't say overhyped, but the wrong pick.
        Yeah and surprise surprise, we...kinda still need a QB

Comment

• Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
          Yeah and surprise surprise, we...kinda still need a QB
          So who would you have drafted Allen or Rosen? And you think either of them win the game today
          Last edited by 58Miller; 09-23-2018, 02:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

So with all of those QB's sitting on the board, we chose the one that......doesn't play QB. Fast forward to now, we are still struggling with our QB play and Chubb, while making some plays, is a non-factor. So I won't say overhyped, but the wrong pick.
            that is debatible. i am not sold on rosen or allen at all. Darnold looks the best of the class but he wasn't there. and mayfield looked really good. so i am not surprised . with both of them gone we went with what we felt would be the most impact game.

i think more what needs to happen now. Secondary overhaul 2-3 new starters there.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              So who would you have drafted Allen or Rosen? And you think either of them win the game today
              Nope, that's, well not exactly the point of drafting a young QB lol, I think you know that though. You kind of have to develop them and go through growing pains so they develop into something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                that is debatible. i am not sold on rosen or allen at all. Darnold looks the best of the class but he wasn't there. and mayfield looked really good. so i am not surprised . with both of them gone we went with what we felt would be the most impact game.

i think more what needs to happen now. Secondary overhaul 2-3 new starters there.
                Mayfield looks QUITE impressive. But yeah id say rosen was a good bet for us, but oh well

Comment

It's too early to be able to say he was the wrong pick. Any QB's worth taking were taken before our #5 pick anyways ...... jury still out on Josh Allen ...... just as it is on Chubb.

In Fact Chubb is the safer pick anyhow.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• I dont think Chubb was a bad pick, but the fact is we are still in desperate need of a QB.

Comment

Nope, that's, well not exactly the point of drafting a young QB lol, I think you know that though. You kind of have to develop them and go through growing pains so they develop into something.
                      I agree, unfortunately Elway is a win now guy and not build towards the future kinda GM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I dont think Chubb was a bad pick, but the fact is we are still in desperate need of a QB.
                        Well Rosen is in right now and playing decent trying to get Arizona the win. He’s done more so far than Chubb has done in 3 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
                          Well Rosen is in right now and playing decent trying to get Arizona the win. He’s done more so far than Chubb has done in 3 games.
                          He's 3/6 for 27 yards and the game sealing interception. I'm not sure that qualifies as "doing more than Chubb through 3 games" but I'm open to hearing your rationale and changing my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            I agree, unfortunately Elway is a win now guy and not build towards the future kinda GM.
                            Right, which cool when you have Manning, but now we are seriously feeling the effects of this mentality and stuck in limbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
                              Finished 4/7 for 36 yards and 1 interception (a pick 6 was negated by Mack being offside) and 1 run for 12 yards, where he gave them a chance to get a hail mary in, but came close to not getting out of bounds.

I'm not sure that's equal to Chubb through 3 games. And I say that recognizing fully how inept the Cardinals O is and how bad Mike McCoy is.

Comment

• Chubb is fine and was a logical pick ASSUMING we felt OK at QB. At the time I would have picked Keenum over Rosen or Allen or Jackson. But certainly a QB is more valuable. You just have to figure do I pick the best player available or reach for a QB who MIGHT be better than Keenum but more than likely, not.

Comment

Working...
                                X