The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's 3/6 for 27 yards and the game sealing interception. I'm not sure that qualifies as "doing more than Chubb through 3 games" but I'm open to hearing your rationale and changing my mind.
    When I posted he was moving the ball nicely after being thrown to wolves because Bradford was sucking and they were down. A rookie in a bad situation. Sadly he looked like a rookie QB after a few nice plays.

Will need a few full games to really gauge him. But it doesn’t matter, we are stuck without QB right now. We all suffer together, and Chubb can only get better right? He can’t be this slow forever I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
      Chubb is fine and was a logical pick ASSUMING we felt OK at QB. At the time I would have picked Keenum over Rosen or Allen or Jackson. But certainly a QB is more valuable. You just have to figure do I pick the best player available or reach for a QB who MIGHT be better than Keenum but more than likely, not.
      More than likely not better than keenum? Better than keenum isnt exactly a longshot

Comment

• While I think it's bit premature to draw conclusions, early results look less than promising. While the Denver D ranks top 5 in sacks, their average team passer rating against is #25. I think this is partially a Joe Woods coordination issue, as the league appears to have "figured them out". I don't know, I mean when you appoint a coach who has never been a head coach before along with a D coordinator who has never served that role as well and maybe the issue is further up at the top?

Comment

• Digging a little deeper the Broncos are one of the worst teams against the pass allowing 8.0 (#27) yards per pass attempt. The troubling thing is that this has come against team that don't really have elite receiving talent. So we have gone from the "no fly zone" to bottom third in pass D with three first round pass rushers in the lineup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
            Well Rosen is in right now and playing decent trying to get Arizona the win. He’s done more so far than Chubb has done in 3 games.
            I'll take Chubb over Rosen
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Too early for the bust tag, but definitely a concern. Hasn't been the impact player I thought he would be. Time will tell if a mistake was made. The combination of Chubb underperforming, Keenum sucking, and Mayfield/Allen/and now Rosen playing well makes the selection of Chubb that much worse.

Comment

• Allen looked legit in that game

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
                  Too early for the bust tag, but definitely a concern. Hasn't been the impact player I thought he would be. Time will tell if a mistake was made. The combination of Chubb underperforming, Keenum sucking, and Mayfield/Allen/and now Rosen playing well makes the selection of Chubb that much worse.
                  Allen has been average to below average for the Bills, today was a nice day for them, but he's still got a long way to go, especially in avoiding sacks. Rosen didn't play well. He looked exactly like a rookie generally looks. As for Chubb, if people are calling him a bust after 3 games then those people just have no idea about sports, or even life in general. Very few people walk into a new job and excel at it day 1, and even fewer athletes perform the way some expect him to perform 3 games in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                    Allen looked legit in that game

Which is good, because he's been poor in the first 2 appearances. Today he still took 3 sacks, which gives him 11 sacks in 3 games. It's hard to stay healthy if you're going to get sacked that often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      Allen has been average to below average for the Bills, today was a nice day for them, but he's still got a long way to go, especially in avoiding sacks. Rosen didn't play well. He looked exactly like a rookie generally looks. As for Chubb, if people are calling him a bust after 3 games then those people just have no idea about sports, or even life in general. Very few people walk into a new job and excel at it day 1, and even fewer athletes perform the way some expect him to perform 3 games in.
                      But you do expect your 1st round pick, especially a top 5 pick in the draft, to perform and perform quickly.

Comment

• Very content to let Chubb play 48 games, and see what we have. 45 to go...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
                          But you do expect your 1st round pick, especially a top 5 pick in the draft, to perform and perform quickly.
                          Who are the best defenders in football? Mack and Miller. Miller had 2 sacks through his first 3 games, Khalil Mack didn't get a sack until his 10th game in his rookie season. Chubb is at 1.5, so similar to those two. I thought Miller was more invisible today than Chubb.

Comment

• yeah chubb will need a lot of time to assess i agree, I think he'll get it together and become a force, but I think its just more concerning that now we realize we really did need a QB.

Comment

yeah chubb will need a lot of time to assess i agree, I think he'll get it together and become a force, but I think its just more concerning that now we realize we really did need a QB.
                              But at the time Denver had just signed a QB in free agency, they still had a first round QB that they were hoping would finally get it, and they had a 7th round pick that might have some promise (still possible). What would the reaction here have been if they drafted the QB and then Keenum came in a lit it up, Lynch all of a sudden looked like they hoped he would, or Kelly became the guy (again still possible)?

Considering 2 of their 3 pass rushers had expiring contracts at the end of the season, not a bad way to spend a draft pick.

Comment

yeah chubb will need a lot of time to assess i agree, I think he'll get it together and become a force, but I think its just more concerning that now we realize we really did need a QB.
                                Agreed. It's not that Chubb's a bust by any means. He's a top talent. It's just we would have been so much better served by drafting a QB than him. We had a top 5 pick. And Cleveland picked twice. There were legit 4 QBs (maybe 5) who look like they are gonna be franchise building QBs. What makes you feel better:

1) We got a rookie QB that we think is going to be a franchise QB who is only going to get better and better so no matter win/lose now, the future is bright
                                2) We got a top OLB talent who has 1.5 sacks through 3 games but we still don't have stability at the QB situation with no prospects in sight.
                                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                                X