No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FO took a big gamble on Keenum. Right now it’s looking like the worst outcome will be realized - mediocre play that gets us neither a good draft position nor a spot in the playoffs. Give Chubb time, but the success of that pick really depends on whether passing on a QB works out. Keenum isn’t. Maybe Kelly will. Chubb is a nice piece to have, but irrelevant if we don’t have a QB. The FO knew all this when they drafted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      But at the time Denver had just signed a QB in free agency, they still had a first round QB that they were hoping would finally get it, and they had a 7th round pick that might have some promise (still possible). What would the reaction here have been if they drafted the QB and then Keenum came in a lit it up, Lynch all of a sudden looked like they hoped he would, or Kelly became the guy (again still possible)?

Considering 2 of their 3 pass rushers had expiring contracts at the end of the season, not a bad way to spend a draft pick.
      If anyone expected Lynch to suddenly light it up after what he had showed to date, they need to be fired promptly because they don't know football. If anyone expects a 7th rounder to come in and light it up then they are hoping to win the lottery. And if anyone couldn't anticipate that Keenum would regress they don't understand statistics and regression to the mean after an outlier season. Kelly might be serviceable at some point, but there is no franchise QB here. And that's the issue. We had a top 5 pick in a good QB year and I'm not saying we whiffed, but we didn't seize the opportunity to legitimately draft a standout player at one of the most important position in football.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• The Broncos had a shot an Josh Allen and Josh Rosen. Neither one really makes you regret taking Chubb.

Reinforcing the defense was the right thing to do, if they truly believed Keenum could repeat or even improve upon what he did for Minnesota last season.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
          If anyone expected Lynch to suddenly light it up after what he had showed to date, they need to be fired promptly because they don't know football. If anyone expects a 7th rounder to come in and light it up then they are hoping to win the lottery. And if anyone couldn't anticipate that Keenum would regress they don't understand statistics and regression to the mean after an outlier season. Kelly might be serviceable at some point, but there is no franchise QB here. And that's the issue. We had a top 5 pick in a good QB year and I'm not saying we whiffed, but we didn't seize the opportunity to legitimately draft a standout player at one of the most important position in football.
          Sounds like you should apply for a front office job, because you can see the future. As stated when you have already invested that much in a position (recently) it makes sense to spend in other areas. Could it be possible, that the Broncos just weren't that high on any of the QBs that were available at 5? They certainly spent a lot of time scouting and researching all of the QBs, maybe they were high on Mayfield and/or Darnold and once both were gone they decided that none of the other QBs were worth the pick?

Considering a team that needs a QB just as bad (Giants) didn't spend their first round pick on one either, it doesn't seem that far fetched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
            Agreed. It's not that Chubb's a bust by any means. He's a top talent. It's just we would have been so much better served by drafting a QB than him. We had a top 5 pick. And Cleveland picked twice. There were legit 4 QBs (maybe 5) who look like they are gonna be franchise building QBs. What makes you feel better:

1) We got a rookie QB that we think is going to be a franchise QB who is only going to get better and better so no matter win/lose now, the future is bright
            2) We got a top OLB talent who has 1.5 sacks through 3 games but we still don't have stability at the QB situation with no prospects in sight.
            ...or a lineman. Look at the Lions tonight running behind their line.
            sigpic

Comment

• I think the front office wanted Mayfield or Darnold, and would have picked either if they were still available. I think they even considered moving up for one of then before it became apparent the price to move up became too much.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Why the Lions, why not Indy’s line with Nelson? How are they running the ball this year?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Why the Lions, why not Indy’s line with Nelson? How are they running the ball this year?
                  What about Nelson? Aside from a 33 yard run from Luck, the next best running back rushed 6 for 19 yards. Whoopdy doo. Nelson is making as much impact on that run game as any of the guards on ours.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    What about Nelson? Aside from a 33 yard run from Luck, the next best running back rushed 6 for 19 yards. Whoopdy doo. Nelson is making as much impact on that run game as any of the guards on ours.
                    I know i was being sarcastic, I’m happy with Chubb at 5.
                    SB2010 is bringing up the Lions tonite to try and say we should have take Nelson instead of Chubb. Instead of comparing the Colts line he wants to use the Lions line ( that has zero lineman taken in the top 5).
                    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-23-2018, 08:07 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      Running the ball is one of the few things this team does well.

Comment

SB2010 is bringing up the Lions tonite to try and say we should have take Nelson instead of Chubb. Instead of comparing the Colts line he wants to use the Lions line ( that has zero lineman taken in the top 5).
                        Ah I see. My mistake.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          Ah I see. My mistake.
                          no worries bro!!!! Frustrating loss today, and Chubb was the least of our problems, he actually got us started early.
                          sigpic

Comment

The lions made a concerted effort to improve their Oline. Drafted Glasgow in 2016. Signed Land and Wagner in 2017. Now they added Ragnow in the 1st this year. Nelson is just 1 piece of the puzzle and you have to start somewhere. I said all along during the predraft process that we need at least 1 Olineman that can dominate in which to build around. The Broncos currently don't one. They took Bolles over Ramczyk. They signed Watson instead of Wagner or Whitworth. They drafted Sambrailo. The effort to buiild the Oline has been pretty weak. The Colts have been trying to build theri Oline just like the Broncos...with old guys and/or low draft picks. They signed an OC last year and now this year they signed Nelson. They are moving in the right direction....unlike the Broncos.
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-23-2018, 08:37 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                              Running the ball is one of the few things this team does well.
                              No. It isn't. They played the Raiders and the Seahawks...before today. 2 bad teams. How did they do tonight against a halfway decent team? Besdies Sanders big end around, pretty much nothing.
                              sigpic

Comment

They may not have a top 5 Olineman but they have 3 1st rounders playing at LT, LG, and OC. Then they have 2 top FA at RG and RT. What do we have at Oline? a 1st round LT who is pretty weak and leads the league in penalties. A middle of the pack free agent at LG. A decent OC who was a lucky draft pick. A weak RG and a dart throw FA at RT.
                                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X