Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I've heard that people base success and draft off of facial features? I didn't think it was true, but wow.
    "If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." — Deion Sanders

    IMO Chubb has a great smile and looks pretty good. I think the hype is justified

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
      Can you tell what kind of basketball coach I am if I send you a portrait? Like, can will I lead a group of players to the State Tournament some day? Will we win? If you can, I’ll send you my picture!
      I sure can diesel. My success rate is pretty high. Although, I mainly specialize in players. Today, everyone is looking at tape, analytics, an incredible amount of data which they suppose will be a predictor of success. Well, I do it like the old timers do, by looking at the face. The face tells a lot. Also, there is not a particular feature, per se.

      Let's hope I'm wrong on this one, but I'm usualy not wrong. This works for hockey, football, basketball. Haven't tried baseball yet because their draft is way too long.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by aditheman View Post
        I sure can diesel. My success rate is pretty high. Although, I mainly specialize in players. Today, everyone is looking at tape, analytics, an incredible amount of data which they suppose will be a predictor of success. Well, I do it like the old timers do, by looking at the face. The face tells a lot. Also, there is not a particular feature, per se.

        Let's hope I'm wrong on this one, but I'm usualy not wrong. This works for hockey, football, basketball. Haven't tried baseball yet because their draft is way too long.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by aditheman View Post
          I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.
          Haha!! All I can think about when I read this is the "change your face" scene from Step Brothers:

          Comment


          • #35
            You need to change your face or I'm gonna change it for ya

            On a serious note, excluding the facism going on around this thread.

            Chubb is a blue chip talent prospect that was the highest rated in the draft. He better have hype. And based on the track record from guys opinion who I pay attention to, i.e. Mike Mayock...he should live up to it.

            But then again, this revolutionary facial scouting system says otherwise so who really knows

            Also, points for Brandon Lloyd reference. Talk about a weird one. Lol dude made the most insane catches and had such an odd career. But he was a joy to watch for that....one year lol

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by aditheman View Post
              I sure can diesel. My success rate is pretty high. Although, I mainly specialize in players. Today, everyone is looking at tape, analytics, an incredible amount of data which they suppose will be a predictor of success. Well, I do it like the old timers do, by looking at the face. The face tells a lot. Also, there is not a particular feature, per se.

              Let's hope I'm wrong on this one, but I'm usualy not wrong. This works for hockey, football, basketball. Haven't tried baseball yet because their draft is way too long.
              When nothing else is going on in football, it is always amusing to read Trolls that are based, 100% in Sarcasm. Either that, or this is a creative attempt to avoid the "Talkin' Smack" section of the Broncos Message Board.

              Comment


              • #37
                What the heck happened to this thread? From the face scout to the Bronco Nation guy.

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  What the heck happened to this thread? From the face scout to the Bronco Nation guy.

                  Threads in June.... I guess they crash and burn pretty quick

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    You need to change your face or I'm gonna change it for ya

                    On a serious note, excluding the facism going on around this thread.

                    Chubb is a blue chip talent prospect that was the highest rated in the draft. He better have hype. And based on the track record from guys opinion who I pay attention to, i.e. Mike Mayock...he should live up to it.

                    But then again, this revolutionary facial scouting system says otherwise so who really knows

                    Also, points for Brandon Lloyd reference. Talk about a weird one. Lol dude made the most insane catches and had such an odd career. But he was a joy to watch for that....one year lol
                    For a second there, I thought you said fascism. That would really be a thread derailment!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                      For a second there, I thought you said fascism. That would really be a thread derailment!
                      Lol I thought someone may think that too. But instead it is a made up word to describe knowing someone's talents or lack there of based solely on their face

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Guys like Selvin Young and Ryan Torain were Hyped too much. Not this guy.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                          I sure can diesel. My success rate is pretty high. Although, I mainly specialize in players. Today, everyone is looking at tape, analytics, an incredible amount of data which they suppose will be a predictor of success. Well, I do it like the old timers do, by looking at the face. The face tells a lot. Also, there is not a particular feature, per se.

                          Let's hope I'm wrong on this one, but I'm usualy not wrong. This works for hockey, football, basketball. Haven't tried baseball yet because their draft is way too long.
                          I can't tell if you actually believe this or if you're just trying to be funny...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            7-10 sacks, DROY isnt extreme hype provided he's healthy and used right.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              He was projected to be one of the best players in the draft. I think we are lucky to have him. With Von and Ware mentoring him I think he will be pretty good!!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                                You need to change your face or I'm gonna change it for ya

                                On a serious note, excluding the facism going on around this thread.

                                Chubb is a blue chip talent prospect that was the highest rated in the draft. He better have hype. And based on the track record from guys opinion who I pay attention to, i.e. Mike Mayock...he should live up to it.

                                But then again, this revolutionary facial scouting system says otherwise so who really knows

                                Also, points for Brandon Lloyd reference. Talk about a weird one. Lol dude made the most insane catches and had such an odd career. But he was a joy to watch for that....one year lol
                                Please do t take this the wrong way. Chubb was one of the top prospects...not THE top prospect. Not all of the upper echelon of evaluators had Chubb at the top of their list. Now Chubb has some skills which many entering the league do not. The true test will be if he can elevate his game to the pro level. This far Ray cannot. Here's hoping Chubb can.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X