The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'll have to rewatch. I'm wondering how often they were running at gotsis. He's looked suspect some this year.
    Drafting a project in the second round an obvious mistake. A pro bowl S went next pick... We took AG over pro bowler DL Yannick Ngakoue

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      5 tackles / 3 sacks and played against all pro Whitworth can’t wait to hear how the Bronco fans who hate the Broncos will spin this one.
      Chubb did a great job today, he was a single bright spot when considering the future of the team today. The only other player that shined somewhat today with him on defense was a Chris Harris Jr.

At the start of the game I was so ticked off because I was seeing Von Miller line up across from Andre Wentworth on the right side.
      I just cannot understand for the life of me why they would put Vob Miller on that side against someone like Whiteworth. It was almost as if this ridiculous coaching staff was setting him up to fail by moving him from a position where he has starred so much to a foreign position where he’d be beat by the all pro competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        Drafting a project in the second round an obvious mistake. A pro bowl S went next pick... We took AG over pro bowler DL Yannick Ngakoue
        An injured project at that but hey they made up for the Adam Gotsis pick the very next season when they drafted DeMarcus Walker and placed him at a foreign position only to see him fail miserably as a rookie and then move him back to DE during the last game of the 2017 season where he managed to record one sack against none other than the boy wonder Pat Mahomes and now back at the position he excelled at in college they’ve decided he’s not good enough and now Walker has been deactivated for every game this season.

At what point is it ok to call into question the decision making by this FO???

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Chubb did a great job today, he was a single bright spot when considering the future of the team today. The only other player that shined somewhat today with him on defense was a Chris Harris Jr.

At the start of the game I was so ticked off because I was seeing Von Miller line up across from Andre Wentworth on the right side.
          I just cannot understand for the life of me why they would put Vob Miller on that side against someone like Whiteworth. It was almost as if this ridiculous coaching staff was setting him up to fail by moving him from a position where he has starred so much to a foreign position where he’d be beat by the all pro competition.
          Chubb beat Whitworth several times, and Bon had 5 tackles 1.5 sacks.
          Denver shutdown the Rams passing game but got ran all over, still only allowed 23 pts. Our offense is at fault for this loss. Keeping a team that’s averages 34.7 pts a game to 23 isn’t bad in my opinion, but I’m a blind homer.
          sigpic

Comment

Chubb beat Whitworth several times, and Bon had 5 tackles 1.5 sacks.
            Denver shutdown the Rams passing game but got ran all over, still only allowed 23 pts. Our offense is at fault for this loss. Keeping a team that’s averages 34.7 pts a game to 23 isn’t bad in my opinion, but I’m a blind homer.
            Na dude don’t give me wrong, this defensive effort didn’t go unnoticed by me however I’m not crediting the coaching or defensive playcalling for that.

I am placing all the credit on the talent of this defense, however the run defense was atrocious and I feel that a clean house of the coaching staff is in order here.

I hate to sound as if I’m giving up on the season but what will be done eventually should be done immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Na dude don’t give me wrong, this defensive effort didn’t go unnoticed by me however I’m not crediting the coaching or defensive playcalling for that.

I am placing all the credit on the talent of this defense, however the run defense was atrocious and I feel that a clean house of the coaching staff is in order here.

I hate to sound as if I’m giving up on the season but what will be done eventually should be done immediately.
              That may be true but Gurley runs on just about everyone, guy is the best in the league. Denver new they could slow down the pass and would have to clamp down on the run inside the red zone just like the Chiefs game. Unfortunately offense could only put up 20.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh sorry. Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to change my mind.

Coaching looked improved today. Something deeper is going on with run defense.

And I was being partially sarcastic saying we aren't built to stop the run...

The players are the same as last year, coaching is an issue, play calling is not.
                The players are also responsible for execution. There can be issues with coaching and play calling however there’s simply a point at which players have to make plays.

I think the issues are a combination of coaching and talent. Watching Gurley’s highlights there were several plays with seven in the box with Stewart coming in as the 8th on the snap. Nearly every player was beat in their matchup. Gotsis, Harris and Davis looked particularly bad on some plays. For that matter very few looked good - not many played well giving up 270 yards rushing.

From what I could see they were put in position to make plays and simply got smacked. Lack of talent and/or effort it’s probably both. Those are professional players making a lot of money. It can’t all go on the coaching.

Comment

The issue of you really want a non sarcastic answer from me is that player discipline is awful. You can't fix that in one game. Play calling looked better VS the pass. The rub looked awful. That doesn't vindicate vj. Coaching is still a major issue, vj oddly enough was a step up from woods.
                  You can actually fix those things in a week if the players are willing to do it, but our coaching staff can't.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    You can actually fix those things in a week if the players are willing to do it, but our coaching staff can't.
                    I guess that could be a fair statement. Maybe someone like Wade could fix it. VJ couldn't fix a broken lightbulb with detailed instructions beforehand.
                    sigpic

Comment

That may be true but Gurley runs on just about everyone, guy is the best in the league. Denver new they could slow down the pass and would have to clamp down on the run inside the red zone just like the Chiefs game. Unfortunately offense could only put up 20.
                      While it may be true that Gurley runs on everyone, we gave him literally his best game of his career by a pretty wide margin. In the last two weeks we've given up well over 500 yards rushing. That's horrible...like we went from a top 10 run defense to back of the league in the span of two games.
                      sigpic

Comment

• By the way, Chubb is now only 1 sack behind Von Miller.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          By the way, Chubb is now only 1 sack behind Von Miller.
                          What a bust...Should already be 10 sacks ahead of miller...
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess that could be a fair statement. Maybe someone like Wade could fix it. VJ couldn't fix a broken lightbulb with detailed instructions beforehand.
                            Vj and a broken lightbulb may have more in common! You dont fix broken bulbs....you replace them
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                              Vj and a broken lightbulb may have more in common! You dont fix broken bulbs....you replace them
                              That's the problem with the VJ, he tries to fix broken lightbulbs (IE Keenum, Booker, isaiah mckenzie)

Comment

While it may be true that Gurley runs on everyone, we gave him literally his best game of his career by a pretty wide margin. In the last two weeks we've given up well over 500 yards rushing. That's horrible...like we went from a top 10 run defense to back of the league in the span of two games.
                                I’m curious how much of that is playing inefficient rushing attacks the first several weeks versus the defense seemingly quitting on the coaches.

Hunt and Gurley are no joke and even to an extent the Jets have a good combo. It’s a stiffer gauntlet than Seattle, Oakland and Baltimore.

However the eye test is still massively different. They aren’t just allowing more because it’s better teams. They seem to be completely incompetent at where plays are going and then getting bulldozed like it’s high school kids trying to tackle all pros. I would assume a lot of it’s coaching but I’m curious how much is bad coaching versus players not even putting forth full effort anymore.

Either way they still held a very efficient offense to 23 points which still isn’t good enough when the offense can’t muster up more than 3 points until the fourth quarter.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X