The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Chubb did a great job today, he was a single bright spot when considering the future of the team today. The only other player that shined somewhat today with him on defense was a Chris Harris Jr.

At the start of the game I was so ticked off because I was seeing Von Miller line up across from Andre Wentworth on the right side.
    I just cannot understand for the life of me why they would put Vob Miller on that side against someone like Whiteworth. It was almost as if this ridiculous coaching staff was setting him up to fail by moving him from a position where he has starred so much to a foreign position where he’d be beat by the all pro competition.
    It’s annoying as watching the rams get a first down and seeing von head to the sideline and stay there until third down
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I’m curious how much of that is playing inefficient rushing attacks the first several weeks
      Are the Jets an efficient rushing attack?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        It’s annoying as watching the rams get a first down and seeing von head to the sideline and stay there until third down
        Bingo! All so we could see Shane "I'm not gonna be here next year anyway "Ray
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Bingo! All so we could see Shane "I'm not gonna be here next year anyway "Ray
          Dude I actually think the idea of re signing Ray is being considered but at the expense of Von Miller.

I’d hate to see this happen but don’t be surprised if Von dont end up being shopped in an attempt to keep a not so much cheaper Ray!
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-15-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Are the Jets an efficient rushing attack?
            They are 7th in the league at 130.3 yards per game and rank 2nd among rushing attacks the Broncos have faced so far. Granted we boosted their average up a good bit.

My main point was they are more efficient than our first three opponents.
            sigpic

Comment

They are 7th in the league at 130.3 yards per game and rank 2nd among rushing attacks the Broncos have faced so far. Granted we boosted their average up a good bit.

Fair enough (that was an actual question on my part by the way lol...I honestly didn't know and didn't bother to look it up for once.)
              sigpic

Comment

We did, as our Run D ranking also plummeted. Remember when we let Corey Dillon and the Bengals get a NFL record-setting 450 yds against us? That was his "break out" game and a springboard for that team. The Broncos are so "generous" that way, helping other teams to advance and being on the butt end of all kinds of records <searches for 'supreme annoyance' emoji> in the process.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Fair enough (that was an actual question on my part by the way lol...I honestly didn't know and didn't bother to look it up for once.)
                  Surprisingly Seattle ranks 9th and are ahead of the Chiefs. And we shut them down. Which is why I question the scheme or the players quitting since then
                  sigpic

Comment

Surprisingly Seattle ranks 9th and are ahead of the Chiefs. And we shut them down. Which is why I question the scheme or the players quitting since then
                    It honestly doesn't make sense. Our starting line last year was Wolfe - Peko - Gotsis with Kerr and Harris as depth/rotation. We had Ray/Barrett Strong side and Miller weakside LB with Davis and Marshall in the middle.

in 2018 It's Wolfe - Peko Gotsis with Kerr, Harris and Walker as depth. We've got Chubb/Barrett on strong side, Miller/Ray weakside and still Davis/Marshall and now Jewell inside.

Is chubb the problem? I don't think so, he seems good against the run. Outside of basically two additions, this is identical to last year.

This year 32nd against the run giving up 161.3 yards per game
                    Last year 5th against the run giving up 89.4 yards per game. (for perspective we've given up in 2 games, what we would have given up in 5 1/2 games last year)

How do we change this vastly if it's the exact same players? Either A. Players have checked out and don't give a crap or B. There is something schematically wrong with the way this defense is being run.

I'm more inclined to believe B than I am A, but either is possible I guess.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Yeah I did the math and take back what I said. If you remove the Broncos game they average a paltry 76 yards per game good for second to last.

I was thinking they were doing a little better because I have Crowell on my fantasy team. But I guess it’s mainly receiving points.
                      sigpic

Comment

It honestly doesn't make sense. Our starting line last year was Wolfe - Peko - Gotsis with Kerr and Harris as depth/rotation. We had Ray/Barrett Strong side and Miller weakside LB with Davis and Marshall in the middle.

in 2018 It's Wolfe - Peko Gotsis with Kerr, Harris and Walker as depth. We've got Chubb/Barrett on strong side, Miller/Ray weakside and still Davis/Marshall and now Jewell inside.

Is chubb the problem? I don't think so, he seems good against the run. Outside of basically two additions, this is identical to last year.

Last year 5th against the run giving up 89.4 yards per game. (for perspective we've given up in 2 games, what we would have given up in 5 1/2 games last year)

How do we change this vastly if it's the exact same players? Either A. Players have checked out and don't give a crap or B. There is something schematically wrong with the way this defense is being run.

Or C, a bit of both IMO. Some apathy may have set in with a couple of guys because we suck and don't appear to be going anywhere, and Brandon Marshall who led the team in tackles in '14, '15(?) and last year could be one of them.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I haven't confirmed it but there was a comment made that if the defense did not like the play called they change it on the field. I'm no expert and do not know if this is only for certain players in their specific responsibilities on certain plays or the entire defense in on the play but it sounds concerning that the players might often recognize when they are not in right play that has been called. If this does happen, then how often? I don't recall this during Phillips or Del Rio time as DC.

VJ is in way over his head and it sounds like Woods may even be in deeper if his own defense does not trust him. Is that the meaning behind Wolfe's statement that "there's something much deeper happening" that he "can't even really understand?"

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                            Or C, a bit of both IMO. Some apathy may have set in with a couple of guys because we suck and don't appear to be going anywhere, and Brandon Marshall who led the team in tackles in '14, '15(?) and last year could be one of them.
                            Marshall...don't even get me started on that guy lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              I haven't confirmed it but there was a comment made that if the defense did not like the play called they change it on the field. I'm no expert and do not know if this is only for certain players in their specific responsibilities on certain plays or the entire defense in on the play but it sounds concerning that the players might often recognize when they are not in right play that has been called. If this does happen, then how often? I don't recall this during Phillips or Del Rio time as DC.

VJ is in way over his head and it sounds like Woods may even be in deeper if his own defense does not trust him. Is that the meaning behind Wolfe's statement that "there's something much deeper happening" that he "can't even really understand?"
                              OK so I am struggling to get to the same place asyou based on what you've written here. IF the defense changed the play on the fly and it worked then I am with you. That said we have given up so many rushing yards I cannot see how them changing plays on-the-fly is a good thing. IF anything that tell me that some of our defneders are part of the problem and NOT the solution.

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Marshall...don't even get me started on that guy lol...
                              *Sarcasm* Cumon he is soooooo worth his contract......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Are they changing the play because they don't like it? Or are they changing it because there's an auto check built into the game plan that if the offense goes to a specific formation the defense immediately changes to a designed play?

The first is a sign that the coaches need to be fired. The second is a regular thing for any defense, because you may notice the position only runs a couple of plays from a certain formation, or you deal with a bunch formation differently etc. The second one would actually be the first proof I have that the defensive coaching staff is doing something right.

Comment

Working...
                                X