Elway needs to step in and have the guts to change it
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...tor-mike-smith
      Buccaneers firing defensive coordinator Mike Smith

Elway needs to step in and have the guts to change it
      It's going to happen, but is it bette to do it on a week where you have 3 days to prepare or on the week where you have 10 days to prepare? Ultimately when making a change you want the new guy to be able to have success, giving him a short week doesn't translate to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Are they changing the play because they don't like it? Or are they changing it because there's an auto check built into the game plan that if the offense goes to a specific formation the defense immediately changes to a designed play?

The first is a sign that the coaches need to be fired. The second is a regular thing for any defense, because you may notice the position only runs a couple of plays from a certain formation, or you deal with a bunch formation differently etc. The second one would actually be the first proof I have that the defensive coaching staff is doing something right.
        Yeah, that is where I am stuck. It was a passing comment with little context to make any sense of it. If I recall, it was the effect of "if a play is called we don't like we change it" - again, lacking context and corroboration so it's hard to say.

I hear you about checking into plays. I have assumed that like offenses check in and out of plays based on what they see of the defense, so too the defense would check into plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          It's going to happen, but is it bette to do it on a week where you have 3 days to prepare or on the week where you have 10 days to prepare? Ultimately when making a change you want the new guy to be able to have success, giving him a short week doesn't translate to that.
          Agreed.

Blood pressure is down from yesterday Firing a coach before a Thursday game would make a tough game to prepare for with only a few days to prepare.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            By the way, Chubb is now only 1 sack behind Von Miller.
            Chubb’s pressure on Mahomes led to intentional grounding. It doesn’t show as a sack but it had the same impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Marshall...don't even get me started on that guy lol...
              Might be time to see what we have in Johnson???

AJ Johnson and Josey Jewell......sounds like a winning combination

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                I haven't confirmed it but there was a comment made that if the defense did not like the play called they change it on the field. I'm no expert and do not know if this is only for certain players in their specific responsibilities on certain plays or the entire defense in on the play but it sounds concerning that the players might often recognize when they are not in right play that has been called. If this does happen, then how often? I don't recall this during Phillips or Del Rio time as DC.

VJ is in way over his head and it sounds like Woods may even be in deeper if his own defense does not trust him. Is that the meaning behind Wolfe's statement that "there's something much deeper happening" that he "can't even really understand?"
                Von said if they don't like the play they can change it. When asked if he thought it was a scheme or play calling issue.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Anyone have his PFF stats from the Rams?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Might be time to see what we have in Johnson???

AJ Johnson and Josey Jewell......sounds like a winning combination
                    Johnson & jewell ~ your football attorneys
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Not trying to take anything away from Chubb, but I remember the rams lost a lineman or two in yesterdays game. Did Chubb go nuts with the sacks after Saffold went out or before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                        Not trying to take anything away from Chubb, but I remember the rams lost a lineman or two in yesterdays game. Did Chubb go nuts with the sacks after Saffold went out or before?
                        Both, and he was only once lined up against the LG, can't remember if it was before or after Saffold went out when he got that sack?

Comment

Not trying to take anything away from Chubb, but I remember the rams lost a lineman or two in yesterdays game. Did Chubb go nuts with the sacks after Saffold went out or before?
                          He pretty much went 1v1 with their all pro LT all game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhdiggs View Post
                            Glad to hear it. I was hoping it was against top talent and not against a backup O line

Comment

• Originally posted by jdhdiggs View Post
                              I could be wrong, but I think all 3 of Chubb's sacks came against Wentworth.

Comment

Glad to hear it. I was hoping it was against top talent and not against a backup O line
                                He did really well vs. a top 5 LT in Wintworth. Two of his sacks were cleanups but that still requires him to beat the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X