The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You can do it for every player, but Von has proven that he can get to the QB in literally 1 second and he can do it consistently when he wants. What separates elite pass rushers from the good ones would be that consistency and how quickly they can get to the QB. Not necessarily just a speed rush either. You don’t want the QB going through 3 different progressions before he starts to get bothered by pressure.
    I love Von and he has been the greatest pass rusher of his era, but it's coming to a close. And, I'd also argue that Chubb can best a tackle physically which Von cannot. We have a great situation as we have a top (maybe #1) rusher in his latter years on one side and a terrific newcomer (soon to be in the top 5) rushers on the other side. We've wasted this year, but I expect the next 2 years that pair will be as dominant as Clowney/Watt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
      I love Von and he has been the greatest pass rusher of his era, but it's coming to a close. And, I'd also argue that Chubb can best a tackle physically which Von cannot. We have a great situation as we have a top (maybe #1) rusher in his latter years on one side and a terrific newcomer (soon to be in the top 5) rushers on the other side. We've wasted this year, but I expect the next 2 years that pair will be as dominant as Clowney/Watt.
      That would be JJ Watt
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        That would be JJ Watt
        Hes the best DL rusher, but as far as pure pass rushing Von has been better.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Hes the best DL rusher, but as far as pure pass rushing Von has been better.
          we will have to disagree on this.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
            I've seen von bull rush a tackle before
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• This thread wasn't well thought out when it was created....

Interesting tidbit from reddit.
              Chubb finished October with five starts, 16 tackles (13 solo), 13 pressures, eight quarterback hits, five tackles for loss and a pass defensed. Oh, also had 5.5 sacks this month (first rookie since Aldon Smith to record at least 5.5 sacks in a three-game span.)
              Also....Chubb just named the NFL Defensive rookie of the month. So there's that too.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                This thread wasn't well thought out when it was created....

Interesting tidbit from reddit.

Also....Chubb just named the NFL Defensive rookie of the month. So there's that too.
                I hope Chubb wins defensive rookie of the year he is on the right track to get there.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                  I hope Chubb wins defensive rookie of the year he is on the right track to get there.
                  unless james's play drops off it will be hard for chubb to match
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Wasn't there a poster who said he didn't like Chubb's face, and knew he was going to be a bust because of his face?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Wasn't there a poster who said he didn't like Chubb's face, and knew he was going to be a bust because of his face?
                      Probably, people say dumb things on the internet...
                      sigpic

Comment

Wasn't there a poster who said he didn't like Chubb's face, and knew he was going to be a bust because of his face?
                        Haha, yes. Yes there was.

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                        I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Haha, yes. Yes there was.
                          Wow, that's a special hot take right there... Super spicy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah how sad and pathetic is that. I mean judging a player off their face smh.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              unless james's play drops off it will be hard for chubb to match
                              You never know it’s possible.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                That would be JJ Watt
                                Watt

84 sacks, 19 ff

von

91 sacks, 25 ff
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X