Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That would be JJ Watt
    Nah Miller is much better pass rusher but you can make the case Watt is the better player all around player of the two.
    sigpic

Comment

• JJ Watt has missed way too many games the last couple years

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
        You never know it’s possible.
        Possible but doubtful James has been one of the best safeties in football this year. And he generally looks like the best player on that defense
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          Possible but doubtful James has been one of the best safeties in football this year. And he generally looks like the best player on that defense
          Don't underestimate the sexiness and popularity of pass rushers for these kind of awards. If Chubb finishes with 14 or more sacks I think the award is his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            Don't underestimate the sexiness and popularity of pass rushers for these kind of awards. If Chubb finishes with 14 or more sacks I think the award is his.
            As much as you say that. James does it all plus 3.5 sacks from a safety is really good.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• So I have a question for everyone:
              As of right now, Chubb and Lindsay are currently in the argument for OROY and DROY. If they both win does Elway get a pass on his drafting flaws in the past. This is also looking at players like Sutton and Royce who have looked very good at times too.

Comment

• Daniel Jeremiah has a rookie rankings article up on nfl.com right now. He's got James, Leonard, Ward, and Jessie Bates ranked ahead of Chubb. He's also got James ranked ahead of Saquon Barkley overall. James is good. We all knew he was going to be good, but I don't know. Barkley is the real deal Holyfield. If James came out like Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, or Sean Taylor, I might agree with him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-at-midseason

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  So I have a question for everyone:
                  As of right now, Chubb and Lindsay are currently in the argument for OROY and DROY. If they both win does Elway get a pass on his drafting flaws in the past. This is also looking at players like Sutton and Royce who have looked very good at times too.
                  Whether or not they win a meaningless award is not going to change any opinions of this rookie class.

We already know this years class had been light years better than the previous groups. Elway needs to continue this trend next year and not go back to old habits.

Comment

Yeah how sad and pathetic is that. I mean judging a player off their face smh.

If someone's face was a measure of their future success I'm pretty sure Eli Manning woulda been robbing houses for painkillers with Ryan Leaf by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                      If someone's face was a measure of their future success I'm pretty sure Eli Manning woulda been robbing houses for painkillers with Ryan Leaf by now.

And Andrew Luck would be playing Madden all day long in his parents basement with Jamarcus Russell

Comment

Yeah how sad and pathetic is that. I mean judging a player off their face smh.
                        I thought it was a joke post at first. Now I'm not so sure
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          Watt

84 sacks, 19 ff

von

91 sacks, 25 ff
                          Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          Nah Miller is much better pass rusher but you can make the case Watt is the better player all around player of the two.
                          Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          JJ Watt has missed way too many games the last couple years
                          when they are both on the field, Watt is the more disruptive player. Every year that Watt has played the full season, he has more sacks than Von besides their rookie season.

Watt: 2 time NFL sack leader. Von has 0
                          Watt: 3 time DPOY. Von has 0

you want to throw out FF stats? yes there is a slight difference. How about passes defensed? Watt = 49. Von = 17.

Von has been the more durable player.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I love Chubb and I think he will be a good player for a long time, he might even give the FO reason to move Von to get their much needed QB but I still think that Elway should have drafted a QB. Rosen should have been the target, imo, and a year to sit and learn under Keenum we would of been in much MUCH better position next year than where they currently are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                              As of right now, Chubb and Lindsay are currently in the argument for OROY and DROY. If they both win does Elway get a pass on his drafting flaws in the past.
                              I don't think you can get a pass after five consecutive bad draft classes. The winning seasons with Manning and the SB season bought Elway some security. One good draft class might be the start of the rehabilitation of the roster. However, it takes some time to recover from so many poor drafts, and we are still seeing the negative effects on the overall quality of the roster.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                I love Chubb and I think he will be a good player for a long time, he might even give the FO reason to move Von to get their much needed QB but I still think that Elway should have drafted a QB. Rosen should have been the target, imo, and a year to sit and learn under Keenum we would of been in much MUCH better position next year than where they currently are.
                                Imagine if we'd traded back, gotten Rosen AND a guy like Alexander, Payne, or Edmunds? Hindsight 20/20 though. We should probably be thankful we didn't whiff this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X