The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't think you can get a pass after five consecutive bad draft classes. The winning seasons with Manning and the SB season bought Elway some security. One good draft class might be the start of the rehabilitation of the roster. However, it takes some time to recover from so many poor drafts, and we are still seeing the negative effects on the overall quality of the roster.
    Each of those five consecutive draft classes may not have been the best but atleast there are players from each draft still on the roster. I seen a tidbit on the Packers draft classes from 14' to 17', there are only 4 players total left on the roster. But, they get a pass because they have their QB that hides flaws. QB is so important to the success of a franchise its ridiculous, and indisputable

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Imagine if we'd traded back, gotten Rosen AND a guy like Alexander, Payne, or Edmunds? Hindsight 20/20 though. We should probably be thankful we didn't whiff this year.
      You wouldnt have gotten both rosen and one of those guys though. They were all selected within 10 picks of each other

And theres no need for a "pass" just keep getting better at drafting. Overall this last year was a step in that direction
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Imagine if we'd traded back, gotten Rosen AND a guy like Alexander, Payne, or Edmunds? Hindsight 20/20 though. We should probably be thankful we didn't whiff this year.
        For sure, this draft was a home run and even the undrafted guys like Lindsay just make it that much better

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

And Andrew Luck would be playing Madden all day long in his parents basement with Jamarcus Russell
          I was thinking that Luck would be recreating civil war battles or living without power in his amish residence.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            when they are both on the field, Watt is the more disruptive player. Every year that Watt has played the full season, he has more sacks than Von besides their rookie season.

Watt: 2 time NFL sack leader. Von has 0
            Watt: 3 time DPOY. Von has 0

you want to throw out FF stats? yes there is a slight difference. How about passes defensed? Watt = 49. Von = 17.

Von has been the more durable player.
            Watt might have been on his way to being considered the defensive GOAT. He's having a nice bounce back year, but it's unlikely he'll ever be quite as good as he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I was thinking that Luck would be recreating civil war battles or living without power in his amish residence.

Don't you mean Amish paradise?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                Each of those five consecutive draft classes may not have been the best but atleast there are players from each draft still on the roster. I seen a tidbit on the Packers draft classes from 14' to 17', there are only 4 players total left on the roster. But, they get a pass because they have their QB that hides flaws. QB is so important to the success of a franchise its ridiculous, and indisputable
                This is probably why Aaron Rodgers only has one championship.
                sigpic

Comment

I was one for trading back, especially if one of the teams close behind was a bit desperate for a player. Sometimes, if well designed in thought, a team can move back and end up with the same player they wanted previously, plus add another high pick...as a bonus. That's strategic and patient drafting. And especially near the top, where trades demand much higher collateral.

Of course one has to be highly aware of other team's needs, including where specific players are expected to go.

Not saying I wanted Rosen, but at the time I was hoping to strengthen O and D all by trading back a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    This is probably why Aaron Rodgers only has one championship.
                    Boo hoo about Aaron Roders. Elway had Dan frickin' Reeves for 10 years and almost zero offensive help during the 80s. Rodgers has had way more offensive talent around him than Elway did except at the end of his career. I'm also tired of hearing that Rodgers is the most talented QB ever, not that you said that. Bull. Elway is. Stronger, more mobile, more durable, better arm. Rodgers also plays in a era where QBs are treated like little princesses. I can't imagine what a 27 year old Elway would do in today's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                      Watt might have been on his way to being considered the defensive GOAT. He's having a nice bounce back year, but it's unlikely he'll ever be quite as good as he was.
                      That's very possible. He is almost 30 now and has the injury history.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        You wouldnt have gotten both rosen and one of those guys though. They were all selected within 10 picks of each other

And theres no need for a "pass" just keep getting better at drafting. Overall this last year was a step in that direction
                        Good point. None of those guys would've fallen to us at the pick we would've gotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          ...or it could just be that some of us still think it was the wrong pick and so far are being proven correct. Chubb doesn't look any better than Shaquil Barrett, so far, who has played on about 25% of the snaps that Chubb has. Many of you say that Chubb has looked really good. I really don't know what you guys are seeing. The "sack" against Seattle? what a joke. That was Wolfe and Stewart getting the pressure. Chubb was just lucky enough to be the 3rd guy in on the play to fall on Wilson after Stewart already had him on the ground.

Someone posted his 16% pressure % (8 out of 49). Harold Landry has a 20% pressure % (4 out of 20) but missed the first game and only has 20 rushes so far. He was taken in the 2nd round. Don't get me wrong, Chubb hasn't looked bad, but he hasn't looked really good either. Sure, he may improve. He also very well may not. He looks pretty average to me and not what you expect to see out of a top pick who was hyped to be a game changer and potential #1 overall. He looks ok against the run, but that isn't what he was drafted for at #5 now is it?

Yes, I know it's only been 2 games, but until he shows it on the field, it is still just potential. I think many of you are stilling hoping for the player that he was hyped up to be and think that is what you are seeing.

Meanwhile Quenton Nelson has been pretty much dominating at his position.

Flame away...........
                          Chubb has 7 sacks and Landry has 1. Yet Landry is the better player? Shaq has 2 sacks while chubb has 7. I don't not see how they are similar or the same player in the end sacks>pressures.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            Chubb has 7 sacks and Landry has 1. Yet Landry is the better player? Shaq has 2 sacks while chubb has 7. I don't not see how they are similar or the same player in the end sacks>pressures.
                            It's like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid, "when you find that your argument has put you in a hole, stop digging." Unfortunately, some people have their pride and ego invested in Chubb being a failure, so they are going to continue to "dig". I ignore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              We will see how it all plays out in a couple years. maybe I will be proven wrong. maybe I will be proven right. He has done better than I thought he would but also not as good as many are claiming.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                                It's like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid, "when you find that your argument has put you in a hole, stop digging." Unfortunately, some people have their pride and ego invested in Chubb being a failure, so they are going to continue to "dig". I ignore them.
                                Got that right.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X