The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't think you can get a pass after five consecutive bad draft classes. The winning seasons with Manning and the SB season bought Elway some security. One good draft class might be the start of the rehabilitation of the roster. However, it takes some time to recover from so many poor drafts, and we are still seeing the negative effects on the overall quality of the roster.
    2013 - Terrible draft for the entire NFL, stop blaming Elway for a draft with little talent

2014 - Bad draft, but did at least get Paradis

2015 - ok draft, they're all still at least playing on some team

2016 - Outside of Lynch it's a decent draft, 6 of the 8 are still on the Broncos, Dixon is the other (probably should still be on the Broncos if not for the King disaster)

2017 - A pure trainwreck, moving on....

2018 - Good draft

With all rookie contacts basically 4 years (5 for 1st round option), 2013 and 2014 don't really affect this team anymore, the main drafts that are currently affecting this team are 2015-2018, which have been hit and miss.

The main issue right now has been the complete failure to find even a mediocre QB, and the hiring and then not firing of Vance Joseph.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I love Chubb and I think he will be a good player for a long time, he might even give the FO reason to move Von to get their much needed QB but I still think that Elway should have drafted a QB. Rosen should have been the target, imo, and a year to sit and learn under Keenum we would of been in much MUCH better position next year than where they currently are.
      Chubb has played well, great even, and far better than I thought he would.

That being said, I still would have gone with Rosen. He's the type of quarterback that's going to struggle in his rookie season much like Peyton Manning did. Decided to watch all of Arizona Cardinals' games this season because I was very high on Rosen (just for the record, I still am) and as expected, he's struggled because he takes a lot of chances and tries to anticipate and throw his receivers open. He's progressing and adjusting to the pros, just going to take a season or two but he'll get there and cut down on his interceptions once he gets the hang of things and gets into a rhythm. Looking at the finer details in his game, I think he will be great if he can get a little help up front.

Next on my list was Ward. Still would have loved that pick at number five. Imagine having Chris Harris and Denzel Ward back in the Broncos secondary right now. Oh well... Just wish we had a quarterback....

Anyhow, we have Chubb and I love the guy!

Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        Chubb has 7 sacks and Landry has 1. Yet Landry is the better player? Shaq has 2 sacks while chubb has 7. I don't not see how they are similar or the same player in the end sacks>pressures.
        shaq has only 1/2 sack more then chubb

and that's 2016, 2017 and 2018
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          It's like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid, "when you find that your argument has put you in a hole, stop digging." Unfortunately, some people have their pride and ego invested in Chubb being a failure, so they are going to continue to "dig". I ignore them.
          I mean the post was made after the first 2 games of the season

Comment

• All in all the 2018 NFL draft class looks pretty good on paper it’s one of better classes in several years I think.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              It's like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid, "when you find that your argument has put you in a hole, stop digging." Unfortunately, some people have their pride and ego invested in Chubb being a failure, so they are going to continue to "dig". I ignore them.
              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              We will see how it all plays out in a couple years. maybe I will be proven wrong. maybe I will be proven right. He has done better than I thought he would but also not as good as many are claiming.
              Speaking of, your old one's getting worn out, you might need this

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I love Chubb and I think he will be a good player for a long time, he might even give the FO reason to move Von to get their much needed QB but I still think that Elway should have drafted a QB. Rosen should have been the target, imo, and a year to sit and learn under Keenum we would of been in much MUCH better position next year than where they currently are.
                The team did a pretty heavy investigation into all of the QBs and reportedly only liked 2. I'm not sure why they didn't like Rosen, but something came up that they obviously didn't like. And he did drop to 10 for some reason. So I don't see the point in drafting a guy you're not very high on just to draft one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  The team did a pretty heavy investigation into all of the QBs and reportedly only liked 2. I'm not sure why they didn't like Rosen, but something came up that they obviously didn't like. And he did drop to 10 for some reason. So I don't see the point in drafting a guy you're not very high on just to draft one.
                  i am just glad we didnt draft josh allen.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    i am just glad we didnt draft josh allen.

Why? Just curios as to why you are happy that Josh Allen was not drafted by us? I think besides him being hurt he has balled a few games remember Troy Akimen went hat 0-11 his first year?

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                      Why? Just curios as to why you are happy that Josh Allen was not drafted by us? I think besides him being hurt he has balled a few games remember Troy Akimen went hat 0-11 his first year?
                      Yes, you really can't judge any QB off their rookie year, rarely is it ever an indicator of how their career is going to be.

Sometimes you have ones that look like they're going to be elite like Vince Young and RGIII then fizzle out, or others like Goff that look terrible but turn it around.

Comment

• It's to my understanding that Chubb is being played as more of a DE then his position title OLB. I've heard the learning curve from college to NFL at the DE position is one of the more difficult transitions, and that it takes a few years (3) to accurately gauge where a player is at.

With that all being said..
                        In my opinion, I think chubb is living up to the hype, and has, all season.

This dude is balling out, as a rookie. Gonna be fun to watch for many years to come

Comment

• Chubb is being played exclusively as an OLB, filling the SAM respsibilities often dropping into coverage, and he is doing a good job of it. The debate however is should this be his role ? I don't think so as he has always been a defensive end with his hand in the ground who gets after the quarterback. He still doesn't look completely comfortable standing up and having a top 5 talent like him on the roster, a 4-3 one gap system on defense would be better suited to his skill set.

Comment

• Wouldnt it be better if he was a DE? That means we can have von, chubb, and ray or barret right next to him for maximum pressure

Comment

• Chubb is fine and the very notion of being overrated is ridiculous. I suppose a #5 pick that is not a QB is a player you expect to get to Canton or at least be in that conversation. It's too early to crown him, but, to me, he is playing pretty well for a rookie and he also seems to be covering up errors by our ILBs who are warm spit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                                Chubb is fine and the very notion of being overrated is ridiculous. I suppose a #5 pick that is not a QB is a player you expect to get to Canton or at least be in that conversation. It's too early to crown him, but, to me, he is playing pretty well for a rookie and he also seems to be covering up errors by our ILBs who are warm spit.
                                explain, please
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X