No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at it this way, Chubb has 7 sacks on the season and Von has 8. Do the math on $/sack

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Why? Just curios as to why you are happy that Josh Allen was not drafted by us? I think besides him being hurt he has balled a few games remember Troy Akimen went hat 0-11 his first year?
      i don't like his college tape. i didn't like his college production. it was a nice a story. but i look at the player and i would have love to see alot more at college. so i haven't been sold on him going as high as he did. i know i really liked Rosen and Darnold. i grew to really like MAyfield. Allen was number 4 by far and i don't know if he has it.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        Boo hoo about Aaron Roders. Elway had Dan frickin' Reeves for 10 years and almost zero offensive help during the 80s. Rodgers has had way more offensive talent around him than Elway did except at the end of his career. I'm also tired of hearing that Rodgers is the most talented QB ever, not that you said that. Bull. Elway is. Stronger, more mobile, more durable, better arm. Rodgers also plays in a era where QBs are treated like little princesses. I can't imagine what a 27 year old Elway would do in today's game.
        Not taking issue with anything you said,but if there was one player in the league right now I would have in a Broncos uniform....

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          Wasn't there a poster who said he didn't like Chubb's face, and knew he was going to be a bust because of his face?
          Was it Terry Bradshaw?

Comment

• Was Chubb over hyped?? Absolutely not but the debate will go on for a long time if they should have gone QB or not if they don't get one SOON.....

Comment

• Thread name updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by VonElway758 View Post
                Not taking issue with anything you said,but if there was one player in the league right now I would have in a Broncos uniform....
                I can't disagree there. If Elway could somehow steal him from Green Bay I would love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Thread name updated.
                  I wonder if the OP is still posting here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Thread name updated.
                    Classic

Comment

I wonder if the OP is still posting here....
                      I'm not sure. He is probably at some wwe event talking to the other little hulksters about how knew from day 1 that chubb was on pace to break the record for the most sacks EVER by a rookie.

Comment

Yes, you really can't judge any QB off their rookie year, rarely is it ever an indicator of how their career is going to be.

Sometimes you have ones that look like they're going to be elite like Vince Young and RGIII then fizzle out, or others like Goff that look terrible but turn it around.
                        I am quite certain that if you evaluate QBs based on ex their first 16 starts, those who do well in these starts will on average outperform those who do badly. A rule of thumb is that it takes 3 years of starts to properly gage a QB.

RGme got injured so maybe it is not a good example, but with both VY and Goff coaching staff seemed to play a huge role. Were Keenum and Goff really that bad from a skills level in 2016 or were they just saddled with poor coaching? Both had stellar seasons the next year with a new coaching staff and Keenum had yet another coaching change to a staff that have seen every QB they have had get into trouble. 2016 Siemian made mistakes, learned from them and then faced new challenges. 2017 Siemian made mistakes and didn't learn, and kept making the same mistakes. 2018 Keenum keeps making the same mistake with taking huge sacks in the pocket at critical moments.

A big question is how stellar of a QB does it take to win with VJ/Musgrave? Are we back to a Fox/McCoy scenario where it just takes one of the all time great QBs and a talent rich defense to win?

Comment

• Man as much as I love seeing Chubb play we def missed on Nelson. That man is unbelievable. He murdered the Jags Dline. That colts oline has not allowed a sack in 4 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            Man as much as I love seeing Chubb play we def missed on Nelson. That man is unbelievable. He murdered the Jags Dline. That colts oline has not allowed a sack in 4 games.
                            I don’t think we necessarily missed, I think Nelson is what people expected him to be and after a slow start Chubb is becoming that also.

Just depends what position you value more and who you think will have a bigger impact on games for the next 5+ seasons.

I would be happy with either player on the Broncos, as both were my top non QB picks for Broncos.
                            sigpic
                            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
                              I don’t think we necessarily missed, I think Nelson is what people expected him to be and after a slow start Chubb is becoming that also.

Just depends what position you value more and who you think will have a bigger impact on games for the next 5+ seasons.

I would be happy with either player on the Broncos, as both were my top non QB picks for Broncos.
                              As of right now it’s easily Nelson. His impact is playing a bigger role in his teams winning 3/4 games. If our Oline gave Case another second or two to throw the ball id like to think we’d have more wins. We would def have at least one against KC. If Case wasn’t scrambling away from rushers and had to throw across field to hit DT for the game winner. I don’t want to take anything away from Chubb because he is def a beast too but Nelson impact is felt on every play having to either pass protect or protect against the run on each play vs Chubb either making a tackling or sack a couple times if that a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                As of right now it’s easily Nelson. His impact is playing a bigger role in his teams winning 3/4 games. If our Oline gave Case another second or two to throw the ball id like to think we’d have more wins. We would def have at least one against KC. If Case wasn’t scrambling away from rushers and had to throw across field to hit DT for the game winner. I don’t want to take anything away from Chubb because he is def a beast too but Nelson impact is felt on every play having to either pass protect or protect against the run on each play vs Chubb either making a tackling or sack a couple times if that a game.
                                Eh... nah.

A defensive player's impact is also felt on every play, if they are talented enough. Chubb is. Impact is not solely represented by stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X