Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Eh... nah.

A defensive player's impact is also felt on every play, if they are talented enough. Chubb is. Impact is not solely represented by stats.
    Ok, Take the stats away. Chubbs presents has def not been felt on every play or let alone majority of a game. He does have series were he dominates.

Our Oline was a bigger issue and clearly is one now again even before injuries. This offseason we are going to be left with Bolles( a guy that will never get it), Leary( a great guard when healthy but is coming off another injury) Paradis( coming off an injury and may leave in FA), Mcgovern( a guy who gets beat on bull rushes every time), and a question mark at RT this offseason. We need to bite the bullet and start investing heavily on the most unattractive spot to draft. We shouldn’t have waiting until now when we are in a worse spot. Oline FA isn’t very good either this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      Man as much as I love seeing Chubb play we def missed on Nelson. That man is unbelievable. He murdered the Jags Dline. That colts oline has not allowed a sack in 4 games.
      agreed. He was the best player in the draft. If you haven't seen it:

https://twitter.com/colts/status/1061802262521991168
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Eh... nah.

A defensive player's impact is also felt on every play, if they are talented enough. Chubb is. Impact is not solely represented by stats.
        which is the exact argument I made for Nelson in the draft. Nelson is helping the offense by opening up holes in the run game as well as being an anchor in pass pro. This in turn helps the defense by keeping them off the field.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          agreed. He was the best player in the draft. If you haven't seen it:

https://twitter.com/colts/status/1061802262521991168
          Haha I saw this. I may be a little biased because I am a huge ND fan. However, I can make the case that he is already a top 5 OG in the league. I can’t make that case for BC.

Comment

which is the exact argument I made for Nelson in the draft. Nelson is helping the offense by opening up holes in the run game as well as being an anchor in pass pro. This in turn helps the defense by keeping them off the field.
            I remember you and I arguing for this guy this offseason. Lol it appears we may have been correct

Comment

Haha I saw this. I may be a little biased because I am a huge ND fan. However, I can make the case that he is already a top 5 OG in the league. I can’t make that case for BC.
              If I had to build an Oline right now and had my pick of every player....I would start with him.
              sigpic

Comment

I remember you and I arguing for this guy this offseason. Lol it appears we may have been correct
                never doubted it for a second.
                sigpic

Comment

• I also argued for Nelson j/k
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Both players have a heavy impact....It's silly to say one was right over the other because you can't say that we'd be any better off if Nelson was drafted and the offense improved, but the defense diminished. If we're still losing with Nelson because the defense isn't getting the extra pressure, does it matter? A loss is a loss... Both players have a huge impact to their teams and at this point, like it or not Chubb is a Broncos, I for one am very happy to have him here, just like I would have been happy to have Nelson.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Both players have a heavy impact....It's silly to say one was right over the other because you can't say that we'd be any better off if Nelson was drafted and the offense improved, but the defense diminished. If we're still losing with Nelson because the defense isn't getting the extra pressure, does it matter? A loss is a loss... Both players have a huge impact to their teams and at this point, like it or not Chubb is a Broncos, I for one am very happy to have him here, just like I would have been happy to have Nelson.
                      How much pressure would they really be losing by making Barrett the starter instead of Chubb if they had taken Nelson? I don't think the drop off would be all that significant compared to the drop off between nelson and Leary/McGovern/garcia.

Best 3 defenses (yardage) in the league is the Buffalo Bills, jags, and Ravens. They are all below .500. Top 3 defenses by points allowed are dallas, Titans, and Ravens. Titans have the best record at 5-4. You win in this league now with offense, not defense.
                      Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-12-2018, 12:20 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

How much pressure would they really be losing by making Barrett the starter instead of Chubb if they had taken Nelson? I don't think the drop off would be all that significant compared to the drop off between nelson and Leary/McGovern/garcia
                        So Barrett was getting that kind of pressure last year? Chubbs got nearly as many sacks this season in 9 games as barrett has in his career...It's a big drop off.
                        sigpic

Comment

• This is through 8 games, but still significant.

Shaq Barrett doesn't bring that to the table...
                          sigpic

Comment

So Barrett was getting that kind of pressure last year? Chubbs got nearly as many sacks this season in 9 games as barrett has in his career...It's a big drop off.
                            Barrett 191 snaps has 2 sacks. Chubb has 8 on 461 snaps. No, I don't see it has being a big drop off. Sure, they is a drop off but the difference isn't nearly as big as the difference bewteen Nelson and any of our linemen.
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is through 8 games, but still significant.

Shaq Barrett doesn't bring that to the table...
                              Bolles, Leary, McGovern, Veldheer don't bring anything to the table....
                              sigpic

Comment

Barrett 191 snaps has 2 sacks. Chubb has 8 on 461 snaps. No, I don't see it has being a big drop off. Sure, they is a drop off but the difference isn't nearly as big as the difference bewteen Nelson and any of our linemen.
                                Let's compare all of Barrett's years instead of this single season where, with the addition of Chubb, his playing time has diminished.

Year Total Snaps (def.) Total Sacks
                                2015 497 5.5
                                2016 420 1.5
                                2017 664 4
                                2018 191 2
                                So in 1,772 total snaps on defense in four years, Barrett has 13 sacks. Chubb in 461 total snaps has 8 sacks.

I don't know Barrett's pressures for the same years but last year he had 43. This year Chubb has 32 pressures in half a season as a rookie.

Shaq is a good player who has been up and down. But comparing his career thus far to Chubb's, it suggests the drop off is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X