No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Elway is serious about tailoring the offense to a more college style, then Grier or Haskins would be worth a second round pick imo
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      If Elway is serious about tailoring the offense to a more college style, then Grier or Haskins would be worth a second round pick imo
      I actually hope he is. I really think that's the direction the NFL is heading with the rule changes.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
        It's hard to argue with the Chubb pick EXCEPT we needed a QB of the future and we had a prime draft spot in the richest QB draft in years. I like Chubb, but I am very perturbed we didn't go for a QB. I think Chubb is going to be great but even if he plays for a long time at a high level, nothing is going to happen for this team until we get a QB capable of taking us through the playoffs. Just look at reality. In our division for the next 5 years, do you see us smelling the playoffs. It would take an extraordinary happenstance to get us into the playoffs as long as Rivers, Mahomes and Carr are playing (assuming Carr returns to form, but that might not be the case). After 5 more years of futility all of us will forget that we drafted a great edge rusher.
        They had a choice between the two Joshes and Lamar Jackson. Which one did you want?

Obviously they didn’t think much of any of them.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          They had a choice between the two Joshes and Lamar Jackson. Which one did you want?

Obviously they didn’t think much of any of them.
          I really wanted Rosen... I actually thought he was the best QB in the draft. I may be wrong but we've seen this before. I also wanted one to sit 1 year. Keenum's contract would have allowed that. We'll see.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            I really wanted Rosen... I actually thought he was the best QB in the draft. I may be wrong but we've seen this before. I also wanted one to sit 1 year. Keenum's contract would have allowed that. We'll see.
            I totally agree, I wanted Rosen and I was upset with the pick. I felt as though finally we were in position to get a franchise qb and we didn't draft him when he was still on the table at our pick.. I think he is going to be a great player for us, but I felt like we were given a choice between drafting a Von Miller or an Aaron Rodgers and we took the pass rusher. Still think we should've taken the qb and it was a great situation for him to sit for a year behind Keenum. Feel like John has dropped the ball on drafting a qb so far with the wrong ones and he finally can get the right one without mortgaging the future to move up and get him and he just diidn't pull the trigger when he should've. I guess time will tell with both players.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I think it takes time for even elite pass rushers to adjust to the speed of the game and I'm thrilled that Chubb was able to do it early in his career (many take a year) I honestly believe Chubb and Miller could turn into one of the most feared pass rush duos in history, especially with a better D coordinator

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                I totally agree, I wanted Rosen and I was upset with the pick. I felt as though finally we were in position to get a franchise qb and we didn't draft him when he was still on the table at our pick.. I think he is going to be a great player for us, but I felt like we were given a choice between drafting a Von Miller or an Aaron Rodgers and we took the pass rusher. Still think we should've taken the qb and it was a great situation for him to sit for a year behind Keenum. Feel like John has dropped the ball on drafting a qb so far with the wrong ones and he finally can get the right one without mortgaging the future to move up and get him and he just diidn't pull the trigger when he should've. I guess time will tell with both players.
                Josh Rosen is the next Aaron Rodgers? I haven’t seen anything thus far to back that up.

Jury is still out in him. So far it’s not looking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                  Josh Rosen is the next Aaron Rodgers? I haven’t seen anything thus far to back that up.

Disagree. The comeback win against San Fran showed the potential he has. Josh Rosen is having some real struggles, but he also a rookie and showing enough to warrant people being excited for his future. I wish Rosen was a Bronco, we have no one developing at quarterback and are stuck with nothing going forward. I would of been happy with Rosen, with Nelson, with Ridley, and was ultimately pleased with the Chubb pick, but people acting like Rosen's career is already going no where are jumping the gun big time.

Comment

• How come Chubb was only credited for 1 sack? Didn’t he sack Rivers twice. One was on a Rivers and Ingram mess up but should that still count?

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      How come Chubb was only credited for 1 sack? Didn’t he sack Rivers twice. One was on a Rivers and Ingram mess up but should that still count?
                      I don't believe so around it was a run play and that makes it a TFL. a qb draw tackle for a loss is also a TFL not sack.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• Chubb needs 5 sacks to tie the rookie sack record. Plenty of time left for that. Definitely not underhyped.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• I wonder if the OP is still posting here

Comment

• Don't know how anyone could watch Chubb at NC State and not think he would be a good choice. That was a no brainer.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                              Don't know how anyone could watch Chubb at NC State and not think he would be a good choice. That was a no brainer.
                              Agreed. He had a lot of pressures today. I'm excited for his future with us.
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

I have watched Rosen... I think,

He's going to be a complete bust. He hasn't shown anything special- AND he looks like a freaking child out there. He's got a JV squad build, he's really tiny. Not like, Phillip "Grown Man" Lindsay

Comment

Working...
                                X