No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it is fair to mock the original poster in this thread, it wasn't like he said Chubb would never succeed or be a good player, he asked a legitimate question. Even his original post simply said Chubb looked lost, hesitant, and slow off the snap, all things which at the time were accurate. Maybe it was a little unfair considering it was after Chubbs first couple of pro games, but the statement was accurate and he asked a simple question, I don't see the need to mock him. And the part he mentioned about Chubb being dropped in coverage, I am pretty sure we all agreed with that, and still do, I don't see anything wrong with this thread or the original post.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      I don't think it is fair to mock the original poster in this thread, it wasn't like he said Chubb would never succeed or be a good player, he asked a legitimate question. Even his original post simply said Chubb looked lost, hesitant, and slow off the snap, all things which at the time were accurate. Maybe it was a little unfair considering it was after Chubbs first couple of pro games, but the statement was accurate and he asked a simple question, I don't see the need to mock him. And the part he mentioned about Chubb being dropped in coverage, I am pretty sure we all agreed with that, and still do, I don't see anything wrong with this thread or the original post.
      No one mocked him. I looked over the posts since yesterday and the only thing that was asked was simply if he is still posting in this thread or not.
      sigpic

Comment

• Most over hype player

Comment

• Chubb is playing Great!!

Comment

• Next year he will be even greater ! The sky is the limit.

Comment

• Rosen threw two great TD's against the Raiders. The one to Fitz was a thing of beauty. Rolling to his right, he put that ball where only Fitz could grab it. Having said that, I still would have selected Chubb in the draft over Rosen. He's improving rapidly and will probably beat the rookie sack record. Most of our rookies are playing above expectation and I expect Hamilton to improve next year but Chubb, Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman and Jewell have all had very good seasons to date.

Just on Rodgers. For all the hype, the dude only has one superbowl ring and barring a miracle, he'll retire that way. He's had some stellar supporting casts over the years and could never take the next step.
              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                How come Chubb was only credited for 1 sack? Didn’t he sack Rivers twice. One was on a Rivers and Ingram mess up but should that still count?
                No. When a QB scrambles around a bit where he "could" be running it's a TFL and not a sack. It doesn't matter if it was a fouled up play the QB has to be clearly in a passing motion before the sack at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  Chubb is playing Great!!
                  In a case of my usual bad timing, watching the game I said to my wife that Chubb was outplaying Von. But then Von intercepted the pass and essentially saved the game for us. So, Chubb is great but not better than Von

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                    I have watched Rosen... I think,

He's going to be a complete bust. He hasn't shown anything special- AND he looks like a freaking child out there. He's got a JV squad build, he's really tiny. Not like, Phillip "Grown Man" Lindsay
                    I really like Chubb but I would have been much happier had we drafted Rosen instead of Chubb. In my opinion, Elway blew the draft last year and this year by not getting a QB. Oh well, that's OK. Keenum is OK and his Orton qualities will keep us competitive if the coaching doesn't sink him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                      I really like Chubb but I would have been much happier had we drafted Rosen instead of Chubb. In my opinion, Elway blew the draft last year and this year by not getting a QB. Oh well, that's OK. Keenum is OK and his Orton qualities will keep us competitive if the coaching doesn't sink him.
                      Elway blew the draft this year? We might have the best rookie class in the NFL. The only reason why this team is barely alive is because the rookies have made an instant impact. Chubb, Sutton, Freeman, Lindsay.

Chubb is 2.5 sacks away from Miller's mark as a rookie. I also liked Rosen, but he has 9 TD, 10 INT, 68.5 rating, which is comparable to Blaine Gabbert as a rookie. It's like saying that Elway blew the draft because he drafted Von Miller instead of Blaine Gabbert.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Chubb is the best player Denver has drafted since Von Miller those are the facts. I think he has ton of potential might even be HOF someday down the road we shall see.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I read an article about the 2019 draft and Bradley Chubb is already being used as model for the next class of defensive linemen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/20...justin-herbert

If you root for the Jets or the Bucs or the Browns, or another team hovering on the fringes of prime draft position, you may be tempted to root for some post-Thanksgiving losses. In some years, especially those with bumper crops of quarterbacks coming, there’s real validity to the idea. Our advice to those good people: Don’t bother, not this year.

That doesn’t mean that the 2019 draft is bereft of talent. It’s not 2013 or ’15 at the top, and it does have depth that, as scouts see, should last into the fifth round. It’s just that, unless you have the first or second pick, this might not be the best year to be high in the draft order. Evaluators across the league will tell you: When it comes down to it, this is one of those years where there isn’t much separating the fourth pick from the 14th.

“The first round is full of land mines,” says one veteran AFC exec.

“This is not a top–10 type of draft,” adds an AFC college scouting director. “To me, there are a lot pass rushers and D-linemen, but I don’t know that there’s anyone that compares to, say, Bradey Chubb, if you take [Nick] Bosa out of it.”
                            sigpic

Comment

I wish all the first round QBs drafted this year well, but it would be unusual if they all enjoyed much success. As far as Elway is concerned, Mayfield and Darnold were gone. Allen, Rosen and Jackson are riskier.

As far as Denver's 2018 Draft goes, nine of the ten are still with the team (Dave Williams was signed from the PS by the Jags) Chubb, Sutton, Freeman and Jewell have started. Hamilton has had some injuries, but has played and figures into future plans. Yiadom and Bierria play all four STs. Jones has had nagging injuries, but is in future O-Line plans. Fumagalli is on IR. It will take two or three years for a clear evaluation, but it looks like a good group to me especially when you add UDFA Lindsay and others on the PS.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I suppose you can tell from my post that I am in complete disagreement...

I see no value in wasting a first round pick on a player that will ultimately bust- even if it is at the QB position... I just don't think Rosen has got "it". I am very happy with our draft this year that includes the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X