Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chubb was hyped appropriately. Maybe even underhyped.

    Comment


    • This thread is truly a thing of beauty. Years later children will tell tales of glory, followers will worship it, and future alien societies will bask in the glow of its powerful light.

      It should be encased in gold and sent to a museum where all can enjoy its magnificence....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Chubb was hyped appropriately. Maybe even underhyped.
        Maybe it's time to change the title again?...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
          Only 1.5 more sacks to top Von Miller’s first year.
          Finishing with 14 or more has to put him in serious consideration for DROY.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            I think the record is 14.5 by Jevon Kearse.
            With Derek Wolfe out we should more of Shelby Harris who IMO is a better pass rusher.

            We could even see more of Walker in the rotation which could mean more of an inside push forcing QBs to the outside.

            I’m pulling for Chubb to topple JK’s record!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              With Derek Wolfe out we should more of Shelby Harris who IMO is a better pass rusher.

              We could even see more of Walker in the rotation which could mean more of an inside push forcing QBs to the outside.

              I’m pulling for Chubb to topple JK’s record!
              I’m optimistic he can make it happen! Not just for the record as the sacks and pressures will be key to winning out.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                Chubb now at 10 sacks... Rookie record is 14.5, held by J-Keerse.
                He will get it!!

                Von 2nd in sacks and Chubb tied for 10th is on pace for what we hoped for when we pick Chubb!!
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                Comment


                • Bradley chubb better then hyped. should have gone before Darnold and ward also.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                    Based on need at the time of the Draft many were thinking that our 1st Round pick would either be Nelson or Denzel Ward. We decided to go instead for the best player available in Chubb and it seems to have worked.

                    In any event, we were never going to go for a QB after we signed Keenum in FA.
                    I do think that Elway would of taken Donald or Mayfield if they were still there over Chubb, but I think he was bluffing on Allen and Rosen. I think he wanted to make it seem like we want them, but if someone called he would trade out. I feel like the 4 top guys on Elway's list might of been Donald, Mayfield, Chubb and Barkley (even tho its good he wasn't). But I do think he would of traded out if Ward or Nelson was there. Don't get me wrong Nelson is a beast, but Nelson was there at 5 (Ward might fall on this too, because I think they felt Ward or Nelson was going to be there, so they wanted to trade out), and they did make it clear, it was either Chubb or trade out so I don't think they would of taken Nelson (or Ward). They would now that they know they both are beast, but back then, I don't think they would of, and would of taken the Draft picks from Buffalo over taking Ward or Nelson.
                    Last edited by Chronoless; 12-09-2018, 04:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Chubb only needs 3 sacks to break Kearse's record. I think he has a good shot. The Browns, Raiders, and Chargers are ranked #21, #27, and #7 respectively in terms of sacks allowed. And while the Chargers are pretty good at pass blocking, Rivers is a total statue in the pocket. If Chubb does it, he should easily be DROY.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                        Chubb only needs 3 sacks to break Kearse's record. I think he has a good shot. The Browns, Raiders, and Chargers are ranked #21, #27, and #7 respectively in terms of sacks allowed. And while the Chargers are pretty good at pass blocking, Rivers is a total statue in the pocket. If Chubb does it, he should easily be DROY.
                        You have this wrong, Chargers are abyssal at blocking but Rivers and his audibles and quick throws are why he isn't getting sacked more.

                        There is a strong chance the Chargers rest Rivers for the finale with a playoff spot likely locked in by then (homefield won't happen once they lose this Thu) in which case Geno Smith would be the QB and while he isn't much of a passer, he's an extremely mobile and agile QB with good elusiveness.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
                          You have this wrong, Chargers are abyssal at blocking but Rivers and his audibles and quick throws are why he isn't getting sacked more.

                          There is a strong chance the Chargers rest Rivers for the finale with a playoff spot likely locked in by then (homefield won't happen once they lose this Thu) in which case Geno Smith would be the QB and while he isn't much of a passer, he's an extremely mobile and agile QB with good elusiveness.
                          Thanks for clarifying. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. As far as Geno Smith, perhaps his lack of passing ability will lead him to hold the ball longer, thus giving our pass rush more time to get to him. We'll see.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                            Chubb only needs 3 sacks to break Kearse's record. I think he has a good shot. The Browns, Raiders, and Chargers are ranked #21, #27, and #7 respectively in terms of sacks allowed. And while the Chargers are pretty good at pass blocking, Rivers is a total statue in the pocket. If Chubb does it, he should easily be DROY.
                            Hope Rivers plays against the Broncos. He gets sacked by Von a lot so I bet they double and triple Von...giving Chubb opportunities to break the record!
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • Chubb is playing so well he's got Von jumping off sides trying to keep up
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                Chubb is playing so well he's got Von jumping off sides trying to keep up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X