The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I've heard that people base success and draft off of facial features? I didn't think it was true, but wow.
    Sure don’t you know DeMarcus Ware is going to the HOF because of his dimples more so over his play on the field and broncoslover will attest to that.

Oh but wait, Manning and the five head will also be there

Lol sorry I couldn’t help it!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-23-2018, 04:24 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Sure don’t you know DeMarcus Ware is going to the HOF because of his dimples more so over his play on the field and broncoslover will attest to that.

Clearly you don’t have the gift of looking at a face and knowing if they’re going to be great. How can you hold your head up with any self respect. Smh.

Comment

100% behind the Chubb and feel terrific we were able to get this supreme talent. But I do caution, we already have a pro bowl pass rusher and he is ELITE. By having another featured pass rusher will teams just run all over us? They could if we just try to sack the QB every play with 5 guys. I love having 2 superior edge rushers but they will have to do other things besides edge rush or it will hurt the team. That said, hey, 3rd and long and our LBs should get some picks

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
          100% behind the Chubb and feel terrific we were able to get this supreme talent. But I do caution, we already have a pro bowl pass rusher and he is ELITE. By having another featured pass rusher will teams just run all over us? They could if we just try to sack the QB every play with 5 guys. I love having 2 superior edge rushers but they will have to do other things besides edge rush or it will hurt the team. That said, hey, 3rd and long and our LBs should get some picks
          Miller is also a terrific run defender and Chubb takes pride in his run defense as well. Wolfe when healthy can do both pretty well. Gotsis carved out a role with great run defense last year and Peko is a Wall in the middle. As long as our ILBs aren’t overrunning plays then we should be a top 5 run defense

Comment

In theory he should be ROTY. No, I'm not 100% serious but the facts are he is the 2nd defensive player selected and the first one plays a position where it will be hard to separate himself, whereas, Chubb has that all-watched stat of sacks.
            But it isn't even training camp yet. Chubb will be great over time and we just need to see how this years' team gels and gets the job done. We could be in for a heck of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself Sam. HOF worthy. First ballot.
              Last edited by broncoslover115; 06-24-2018, 01:47 AM.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

NC State has never been much of a presence in college football. You know why they were respected last year? Had a lot to do with the 5th pick.

Comment

I agree, we got at least 4 impact players, I'd go a step further and say 7 there's Jewell, Holland, and Yiadom. I think all 7 make the roster, Yiadom being my only ? Too much Chubb hype? Na I think it's merited.

Comment

Was Chubb Properly hyped

Really underwhelmed by him. Slow off the snap, hesitant. Not sure why we drop him in coverage, but he was lost. Really haven't noticed a pass rush from him.

Comment

After 2 games this thread seems reasonable....

Maybe we can label him a bust and encourage the front office to get rid of him for anything....

Or we can be patient and wait to see how the season plays out.

Comment

So far. Not even close to the hype he generated. He is only 2 games in though.

Could it be the Browns kneq something ?
                        sigpic

Comment

No, he has played ok. He might not get sacks, but he has provided good pressure and works very well on stunts. However, the game still hasnt slowed for him, and that's natural for a rookie.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

No. He looked great last week. However I didnt notice him today. The passes were out of carrs hands quick.

Comment

Derek Wuf played well today

Comment

Kolton Miller, another Rookie seemed to be handling him. Not calling for the axe, just saying the hype seems unwarranted so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X