No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed that the people who were critical of the Broncos' "Chubb Pick" no longer post on this Thread. That tells me everything I need to know about whether or not Chubb was "properly hyped".

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      I've noticed that the people who were critical of the Broncos' "Chubb Pick" no longer post on this Thread. That tells me everything I need to know about whether or not Chubb was "properly hyped".
      I think a lot of those people are disappointed that we did not get baker Mayfield however they fail to realize that the number one pick was never truly being shopped around.
      The Broncos could not have made a better pick than Bradley Chubb at the number five position last April.

Comment

• Or maybe they are just over it and even a little happy he's better than expected.

:2cents:

Comment

• Chubb’s played very well and has a bright future. Can’t knock him. But the concern about the pick was rolling with Keemun vs. drafting a QB. We weren’t getting Mayfield. Darnold could have been had by trading up. As well as Chubb has played, we’re still headed to the worst case scenario of both missing the playoffs and missing out on high picks. Hard to ignore that we’re set up to be similarly mediocre next year as well. Chubb’s great, Miller gets older, and we’re no closer to competing for a championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
            Chubb’s played very well and has a bright future. Can’t knock him. But the concern about the pick was rolling with Keemun vs. drafting a QB. We weren’t getting Mayfield. Darnold could have been had by trading up. As well as Chubb has played, we’re still headed to the worst case scenario of both missing the playoffs and missing out on high picks. Hard to ignore that we’re set up to be similarly mediocre next year as well. Chubb’s great, Miller gets older, and we’re no closer to competing for a championship.
            I get it and I'm there with you.....but.....Denver will have the best pass rush next year with Chubb bigger faster and stronger. Denver, imo, will go after a QB this draft and they will be one of the most active in free agency too. We will see Denver go after whoever the best CB is in free agency in an attempt to get the secondary fixed. I fully expect Denvers D to be one of the very best next year. They may not be championship ready next year but with the QB attained and the defense on the rise I have hope that they'll be regularly in the mix for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              I get it and I'm there with you.....but.....Denver will have the best pass rush next year with Chubb bigger faster and stronger. Denver, imo, will go after a QB this draft and they will be one of the most active in free agency too. We will see Denver go after whoever the best CB is in free agency in an attempt to get the secondary fixed. I fully expect Denvers D to be one of the very best next year. They may not be championship ready next year but with the QB attained and the defense on the rise I have hope that they'll be regularly in the mix for years to come.
              I'm on board that ship, too. Elway needs to attack DBs hard in free agency, because we can't draft them. We need to go QB and ILB with our first two picks, and stop screwing around. We've got a special duo of pass rushers, and a chance to be a really good football team again. If we could bring Malik back reasonably, that'd be a nice move as well. I hear a lot of talk about our OLine, but I think QB play is more of a factor. I haven't seen a ton of Broncos games this year, unfortunately, so I can't say that conclusively. Just that, with our running game, there shouldn't be any excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
                Chubb’s played very well and has a bright future. Can’t knock him. But the concern about the pick was rolling with Keemun vs. drafting a QB. We weren’t getting Mayfield. Darnold could have been had by trading up. As well as Chubb has played, we’re still headed to the worst case scenario of both missing the playoffs and missing out on high picks. Hard to ignore that we’re set up to be similarly mediocre next year as well. Chubb’s great, Miller gets older, and we’re no closer to competing for a championship.
                Mayfield looks like the only QB in this draft worthy of a top 10 pick. We weren't getting Mayfield. I'd much rather them pick a future all pro than reach on a player like Rosen. That happens, we waste a pick.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  Or maybe they are just over it and even a little happy he's better than expected.

:2cents:
                  If they believed it, they'd say it. And, Chubb ISN'T "better than expected". I think that's the point.

Comment

• well, season is over. This won't be a popular opinion but I am going on record now so that next year people can't say that I waffled.

I am still not sold on Chubb. I still stand with my opinion of Chubb in that he is a solid player but not a game changing pass rusher. I will wait until next year and see how year 2 unfolds before rethinking it.

Chubb made some plays here and there and got more sacks than I thought he would however, I don't see him as this "monster" or "beast" that he has been called on tv during games. Besides the occasional pressure, he seemed to have little impact on games and I don't think his level of sacks is sustainable. Yes it is his rookie year and he has lots of time to develop but until that happens, here I stand.....all alone probably
                    sigpic

Comment

• Again I don't get the infatuation with pass rushers instead of offensive lineman. Yeah if you have Elway or Manning as your QB then you want to draft pass rushers, but to draft a pass rusher #1, when you already had multiple is just plain negligence imo. Elway needs to be FIRED,.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        well, season is over. This won't be a popular opinion but I am going on record now so that next year people can't say that I waffled.

I am still not sold on Chubb. I still stand with my opinion of Chubb in that he is a solid player but not a game changing pass rusher. I will wait until next year and see how year 2 unfolds before rethinking it.

Chubb made some plays here and there and got more sacks than I thought he would however, I don't see him as this "monster" or "beast" that he has been called on tv during games. Besides the occasional pressure, he seemed to have little impact on games and I don't think his level of sacks is sustainable. Yes it is his rookie year and he has lots of time to develop but until that happens, here I stand.....all alone probably
                        Wow, dude. You're riding this bomb all the way to the ground...

Comment

• From what I seen Chubb has potential to be as good as Von in different ways.

I like Chubb's ability too play with power, beat double teams and imo he also seems to play harder overall.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                            Wow, dude. You're riding this bomb all the way to the ground...

well, I just don't see what/why everyone seems to be so enthralled with him. Nelson, Ward, James, Vander Esch, McGlinchey....all had better seasons and look like better players to me. People laughed when the Browns took Ward over Chubb. So far, that looks like the right move, imo.

Now we can all sit here and go back and forth on this but the truth is...You have no evidence (that I know of) that would convince me to change my minbd, nor do I have any that would change your mind. Just my opinion, unpopular as it is.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              From what I seen Chubb has potential to be as good as Von in different ways.

I like Chubb's ability too play with power, beat double teams and imo he also seems to play harder overall.
                              haven't seen too much of that.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I can see a clueless Elway take another pass rusher again, just wait and see..

Comment

Working...
                                X