Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    haven't seen too much of that.
    Considering your last post I do not think you saw much positive on the rookie who was 14th in the NFL with 12 sacks.

He did it. Give the rookie time to do it on a more regular basis.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
      I can see a clueless Elway take another pass rusher again, just wait and see..
      If he does that, I think Von is a goner.

Comment

well, I just don't see what/why everyone seems to be so enthralled with him. Nelson, Ward, James, Vander Esch, McGlinchey....all had better seasons and look like better players to me. People laughed when the Browns took Ward over Chubb. So far, that looks like the right move, imo.

Now we can all sit here and go back and forth on this but the truth is...You have no evidence (that I know of) that would convince me to change my minbd, nor do I have any that would change your mind. Just my opinion, unpopular as it is.
        If nobody can convince anybody why do you keep bringing it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Considering your last post I do not think you saw much positive on the rookie who was 14th in the NFL with 12 sacks.

He did it. Give the rookie time to do it on a more regular basis.
          What I saw was:

inconsistent pressure
          about half of his sacks were "gimme sacks" where he was left unblocked or the QB ran right into him or he cleaned up a sack created by someone else
          pretty poor in tackling and coverage
          Mediocre in run stopping.

He is still young and can get better. That is just my opinion of what I saw out of Chubb as a rookie.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-31-2018, 05:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
            If nobody can convince anybody why do you keep bringing it up?
            I didn't discuss it during the season but now that the season is over, I am giving my :2cents:, as I said, to go on record so no one can say that I didn't say anything last year when so many people are all excited about his play.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
              Again I don't get the infatuation with pass rushers instead of offensive lineman. Yeah if you have Elway or Manning as your QB then you want to draft pass rushers, but to draft a pass rusher #1, when you already had multiple is just plain negligence imo. Elway needs to be FIRED,.
              What multiple pass rushers? Last I checked Barrett, Ray, and Wolfe weren't exactly setting the world on fire.

Comment

I didn't discuss it during the season but now that the season is over, I am giving my :2cents:, as I said, to go on record so no one can say that I didn't say anything last year when so many people are all excited about his play.
                Uh, ok. You're on the record. You don't care for Chubb that much. Loud and clear.

Comment

What multiple pass rushers? Last I checked Barrett, Ray, and Wolfe weren't exactly setting the world on fire.
                  IMO, Barrett isn't much behind Chubb, if he is behind at all. Barrett does better in run defense, imo, and may be the better overall player.
                  sigpic

Comment

Uh, ok. You're on the record. You don't care for Chubb that much. Loud and clear.
                    Where did I say I didn't care for him much. He still needs a lot of development to get to where many of you guys think he is already at.

what exactly is it that you think he did so well on?
                    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-31-2018, 05:40 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

IMO, Barrett isn't much behind Chubb, if he is behind at all. Barrett does better in run defense, imo, and may be the better overall player.
                      He's a 5th year pro compared to a rookie, he should be better in run defense. Barrett also has 14 sacks during his entire career. 61 career games, 15 career starts and 14 total sacks. Now there's more to it than just total sack numbers, but if he were producing more Denver probably doesn't draft Chubb.

Comment

Well, if he's better than Chubb he should receive a huge contract as a free agent. We'll see how many GMs agree with your assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          He's a 5th year pro compared to a rookie, he should be better in run defense. Barrett also has 14 sacks during his entire career. 61 career games, 15 career starts and 14 total sacks. Now there's more to it than just total sack numbers, but if he were producing more Denver probably doesn't draft Chubb.
                          run defense was Chubb's biggest strength coming into the draft. I expected more out of him in that area.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, if he's better than Chubb he should receive a huge contract as a free agent. We'll see how many GMs agree with your assessment.
                            I did say it was an unpopular opinion. doesn't make me wrong though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Where did I say I didn't care for him much. He still needs a lot of development to get to where many of you guys think he is already at.

what exactly is it that you think he did so well on?
                              You said you weren't sold on him. Maybe I misread what you actually think of him. What did he do well in? Uh, sacks. He had a lot of sacks. Came close to breaking the rookie record. He has power, speed, strength, and a great motor. I noticed all those things about him.

Comment

I did say it was an unpopular opinion. doesn't make me wrong though.
                                You're right. You could be right. And I'm sure you'd love to be proven right.

Comment

Working...
                                X