The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    why? the number of sacks? there is a lot more to having a good year than just number of sacks. Darius leonard and Leighton Vander Esch both had much better seasons than Chubb but don't have the sack numbers. They play a differant position than Chubb does but all are LBs. TJ watt had a better season last year than Chubb did this year.
    You’re still on this? Dude you got to give it a rest. We got a stud. None of the other guys you rave about would’ve made any bigger impact on this garbage team.

You don’t have to be right. It’s sad when you are more concerned with being right than just being happy we got a stud player.
    sigpic

Comment

you guys have your opinions. I have mine. If I had the time and resources to go back through every play so I could reference them better I would.
      There are opinions and facts. Sometimes we blend the two and that’s fine. I just think if we’re going to make a claim it’s reasonable to back it up.....or not.....because we’re just here on a message board

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Chubb also has around 60 something pressures on the season which is almost 20 more than the next rookie. As a rookie Watt had 7 sacks, 13 hits, 10 TFL; Chubb as a rookie has 12 sacks, 21 hits, 14 TFL. The only area Watt outperformed him was with 7 PDs and 1 INT. Even this season Watt only really had good games where he got a sack (8 of his 16 games). In those 8 games he had 45 of his 68 tackles, all 12 of his TFL, all 6 of his FFs, 17 of his 21 QB hits.

In other words, aside from Watt forcing 6 fumbles, he and Chubb had pretty much the same season. How is Watt doing it on a regular basis but Chubb isn’t?
        i'd argue that chubb should be the only Rookie Edge rusher considered for DPOY it is between Chubb and James in my book
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          i'd argue that chubb should be the only Rookie Edge rusher considered for DPOY it is between Chubb and James in my book
          you wouldn't want to throw darius leonard in there???
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            You’re still on this? Dude you got to give it a rest. We got a stud. None of the other guys you rave about would’ve made any bigger impact on this garbage team.

You don’t have to be right. It’s sad when you are more concerned with being right than just being happy we got a stud player.
            I would be happy if that were the case. I'm not sure that is the case though.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              There are opinions and facts. Sometimes we blend the two and that’s fine. I just think if we’re going to make a claim it’s reasonable to back it up.....or not.....because we’re just here on a message board
              I backed it up with examples. You don't agree, that's fine, but don't say I didn't back it up.
              sigpic

Comment

I backed it up with examples. You don't agree, that's fine, but don't say I didn't back it up.
                Your claim was half the sacks were “gimme sacks”. You provided four examples, the first of which was inaccurate. You’re short by three examples to backup your claim.....
                Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-01-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I would be happy if that were the case. I'm not sure that is the case though.
                  Well you are certainly welcome to your own opinion. Even if it’s wrong.
                  sigpic

Comment

why? the number of sacks? there is a lot more to having a good year than just number of sacks. Darius leonard and Leighton Vander Esch both had much better seasons than Chubb but don't have the sack numbers. They play a differant position than Chubb does but all are LBs. TJ watt had a better season last year than Chubb did this year.
                    Well that is what he was brought in here to do wasn't it? Get sacks and be a difference maker. He isn't an ILB, hes not going to give you 100 tackles like the other guys. He was drafted to be an edge rusher, what more do you want from him?

I also didn't say he had the best rookie year ever, I said he had as good of a year as any other in history. You would take TJ over Chubb because of 8 more tackles and 1 more sack?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Well that is what he was brought in here to do wasn't it? Get sacks and be a difference maker. He isn't an ILB, hes not going to give you 100 tackles like the other guys. He was drafted to be an edge rusher, what more do you want from him?

I also didn't say he had the best rookie year ever, I said he had as good of a year as any other in history. You would take TJ over Chubb because of 8 more tackles and 1 more sack?
                      correct. so far he hasn't been. TJ has been the better player, imo.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Your claim was half the sacks were “gimme sacks”. You provided four examples, the first of which was inaccurate. You’re short by three examples to backup your claim.....
                        you just want to fight and criticize. I know what I have seen and I don't have to go back through every play to make my point. you wouldn't accept it anyway.
                        sigpic

Comment

correct. so far he hasn't been. TJ has been the better player, imo.
                          Imo, its kind of hard and unfair to be this critical of a young man in his 1st year when he has done everything that his coaching staff has asked him to do.

Comment

Imo, its kind of hard and unfair to be this critical of a young man in his 1st year when he has done everything that his coaching staff has asked him to do.
                            Exactly. Get off his back. He is doing what a piss poor coaching staff wanted him to do. Just like Roby, theres a thread about cutting him or it came up in another maybe, I think we should keep him and give him 6-8 games in 2019, as a starter, to see if he can be a #1 CB. Does he have it in him? I have no idea but, considering he did not have coaches that obviously do not know how to coach...give him a second chance.
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

why is it hard and unfair to say one player has played better than another?

I wouldn't be saying anything at all if so many weren't saying how great of a season Chubb had. There is even a thread about him being better than Miller. So many people just look at the stat line of 12 sacks and jump to conclude that he is a beast and had a great season when the reality is, it was just so-so. Because of his sack numbers, people seem to overlook the fact that he missed quite a few tackles and was relatively ineffective in other aspects of his game . Players such as Von, JJ, and Donald put up sack numbers but they also play well in other areas as well. Chubb may develop into one of those players over time but right now he is still a developmental project when it comes to being a complete player.

Maybe he, and Von Miller, should have focused more on developing his weak areas instead of focusing on breaking the rookie sack record.
                              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-01-2019, 12:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                                Exactly. Get off his back. He is doing what a piss poor coaching staff wanted him to do. Just like Roby, theres a thread about cutting him or it came up in another maybe, I think we should keep him and give him 6-8 games in 2019, as a starter, to see if he can be a #1 CB. Does he have it in him? I have no idea but, considering he did not have coaches that obviously do not know how to coach...give him a second chance.
                                Roby hasn't played too well in the entire time he has been here. He has had many chances to show otherwise, they are way past second chances.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X