The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    See bold. Why use PFF to support the case when you don’t take any stock in it?
    there was more in that article besides grades. see...you just want to fight and criticize. Why not address what the article said instead?
    sigpic

Comment

• I can see it now:

As Chubb gets inducted into the hall of fame (not predicting anything), broncos_SB2010 posts: "He wasn't that good."

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever. Dude had 12 sacks as a rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          If he has a great year, I will admit my mistake and move on. What will you do if he has a poor year?
          I'll hope he has a better one the following year.

I just get the impression that no matter what he does, you'll find some fault with it. I'm also going to make the assumption that had you not underestimated Chubb's seasonal stats, I really don't think you'd be here today trashing the dude's numbers...just a hunch.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

there was more in that article besides grades. see...you just want to fight and criticize. Why not address what the article said instead?
            Discrediting PFF and quoting it later is like saying Zagat ratings are useless and then recommending a restaurant to a friend with a Zagat review.

Comment

• Started slow, finished strong. Imagine if we had good coverage going on as well...numbers may have been higher. Not disappointed in Chubb at all. Based on results, Mayfield was the best QB in the draft and he went #1. After that not sure Jackson is a true franchise QB. Darnold is probably the #2 QB in the draft and he too was gone at #3 to the Jets. The verdict is still out on Josh Rosen and Josh Allen, though Allen showed promise late. Unless you feel either one of the latter two are franchise QBs I think Chubb was the correct pick.

Comment

• Yes, he's gotten more sacks than his pressures would normally yield. But he still has a really high amount of pressures. The average for his pressure rate would be 8 sacks which is still really good for a rookie.

Ideally he should be a DE rather than a OLB, and shouldn't be dropping back into coverage so much.

And I'm guessing he'll get much better in coming years at run defense and tackling.

Comment

• It wasnt just qb. At 5 for me was either chubb or nelson. They both had great years for rookies. To me theres still debate about who wouldve impacted this team more. With that said im thankful chubb produced and wasnt another 1st round bust (i never thought of him as one,referring to the pirate).
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    I'll hope he has a better one the following year.

I just get the impression that no matter what he does, you'll find some fault with it. I'm also going to make the assumption that had you not underestimated Chubb's seasonal stats, I really don't think you'd be here today trashing the dude's numbers...just a hunch.
                    if that's what you believe...you don't know me that well.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                      Yes, he's gotten more sacks than his pressures would normally yield. But he still has a really high amount of pressures. The average for his pressure rate would be 8 sacks which is still really good for a rookie.

Ideally he should be a DE rather than a OLB, and shouldn't be dropping back into coverage so much.

And I'm guessing he'll get much better in coming years at run defense and tackling.
                      very likely true
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        It wasnt just qb. At 5 for me was either chubb or nelson. They both had great years for rookies. To me theres still debate about who wouldve impacted this team more. With that said im thankful chubb produced and wasnt another 1st round bust (i never thought of him as one,referring to the pirate).
                        agreed
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                          Discrediting PFF and quoting it later is like saying Zagat ratings are useless and then recommending a restaurant to a friend with a Zagat review.
                          I understand. It's hard for some to admit there may be more to what I am saying than they want to believe/discuss.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand. It's hard for some to admit there may be more to what I am saying than they want to believe/discuss.
                            I understand parts of what you’re saying and there are areas he can improve. The article provided some insightful comments - I addressed some of the comments in one of the posts above (Chubb’s final numbers). If he can build on the foundation from this season we have a lot to look forward to. IMO that doesn’t necessarily mean more than 12 sacks - it’s the complete game as you mentioned.

Comment

• Obviously Chubb had a great rookie season.

He’s definitely not overhyped or overrated.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                Obviously Chubb had a great rookie season.

He’s definitely not overhyped or overrated.
                                I wonder how good of a season he would of had, had he been under a compenent coaching staff? And, the same goes for Roby and had there been a compenent coaching staff would Bolles of held as much as he did?
                                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                                X