Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I wonder how good of a season he would of had, had he been under a compenent coaching staff? And, the same goes for Roby and had there been a compenent coaching staff would Bolles of held as much as he did?
    When was the last time the Patriots had a rookie with 12 sacks?

    Roby was starting because Talib was traded. Who had final say on that?

    Bolles was a questionable pick and older than the typical rookie, along with character flags if I remember correctly. Who had final say on that pick?

    It’s not always about the coach. Sometimes it’s about the GM.

    What Chubb did would have been amazing with any coaching staff.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

    Comment


    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Obviously Chubb had a great rookie season.

      He’s definitely not overhyped or overrated.
      Agreed, when we compare his rookie campaign to other greats he is well above par. I look forward to watching his growth and destroying QBs next year...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        I understand parts of what you’re saying and there are areas he can improve. The article provided some insightful comments - I addressed some of the comments in one of the posts above (Chubb’s final numbers). If he can build on the foundation from this season we have a lot to look forward to. IMO that doesn’t necessarily mean more than 12 sacks - it’s the complete game as you mentioned.
        agreed
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Lol Dmac started this thread.
          Now go get your shine box

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
            Lol Dmac started this thread.
            I have 1 question for dmac
            Which of the top 5 qbs do you want? All of them?
            Glen Haven Fire

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              Lol Dmac started this thread.
              And he still whines to this day over Chubb and not drafting Darnold.

              Guess he doesn’t realize that Darnold went number 3 nor does he even realize that defense won super bowl 50!

              We will find a QB but at the moment we have the best pass rushing duel in the league and making my prediction right now I’m going to say that Fangio is going to have great success with these two.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                And he still whines to this day over Chubb and not drafting Darnold.

                Guess he doesn’t realize that Darnold went number 3 nor does he even realize that defense won super bowl 50!

                We will find a QB but at the moment we have the best pass rushing duel in the league and making my prediction right now I’m going to say that Fangio is going to have great success with these two.
                Today he spent about 2 hours talking about how they should trade Von and Harris Jr.

                I don’t think it’s insane to think they could trade either guy. But Dmac is definitely stuck in fantasy land sometimes.
                Now go get your shine box

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                  Today he spent about 2 hours talking about how they should trade Von and Harris Jr.

                  I don’t think it’s insane to think they could trade either guy. But Dmac is definitely stuck in fantasy land sometimes.
                  I didn’t listen today well in all honesty I really can’t listen to he and Big Al, I get so annoyed.

                  Anyway I did hear a scenario where Stokely and DMac discussed trade between Von and Chris Harris Jr for Russell Wilson, it was repulsive.

                  I think Seattle would still ask for more and there’s no point of getting rid of your best players and a high draft pick when you need to replace those players. Lmao That station is so ludicrous at times!

                  Comment


                  • Dmac is such an idiot... He just basically wants to strip this team of talent and start from scratch... Thank God that clown isn't our GM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Dmac is such an idiot... He just basically wants to strip this team of talent and start from scratch... Thank God that clown isn't our GM.
                      Last edited by Rastic; 01-02-2019, 10:10 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Dmac is the worst. Like a broken clock. I can't believe he still has his job. It's one of the best jobs in the world and really isn't THAT hard, yet he's terrible at it.

                        Comment


                        • For those who wanted to attack a certain someone in this thread for having a differing opinion than yours regarding rookie performers, did anybody see the All-Pro lists ? It seemed to be missing one Bradley Chubb, but featuring 3 other rookies who a certain someone said he thought had better years, interesting.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            For those who wanted to attack a certain someone in this thread for having a differing opinion than yours regarding rookie performers, did anybody see the All-Pro lists ? It seemed to be missing one Bradley Chubb, but featuring 3 other rookies who a certain someone said he thought had better years, interesting.
                            Again.....

                            Leonard and VanderEsch play ILB and Chubb is an edge rusher. Of course Chubb is not going to edge out Mack, Miller, Watt or Jordan. That still doesn't mean that his season was a failure and it doesn't mean he himself is a failure and it doesn't mean he was a wasted pick.....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              For those who wanted to attack a certain someone in this thread for having a differing opinion than yours regarding rookie performers, did anybody see the All-Pro lists ? It seemed to be missing one Bradley Chubb, but featuring 3 other rookies who a certain someone said he thought had better years, interesting.
                              Considering how unusual it is for a guard to be drafted #6 overall, Quenton Nelson already got a lot of exposure and hype for the Associated Press to put him in the All-Pro team. Nelson is a great player, but you also need the hype to get there.

                              Every great block that our guards made to help Phillip Lindsay average 5.4 YPC resulted in reactions like "cool, that was a nice block". If it's Quenton Nelson, the highest-drafted guard in ages, the reaction for the same blocks will be "oh my gawd, that's a hall of famer in the making, incredible, he just mauled the whole team and the fans in the stands at the same time with his broken pinky finger".

                              Khalil Mack was voted 1st-Team All-Pro with 47 tackles and 12.5 sacks. Bradley Chubb finished his rookie season with 60 tackles and 12.0 sacks. I'm pretty happy with that. I am more concerned about the future of the Denver Broncos than what was voted by the Associated Press.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                                For those who wanted to attack a certain someone in this thread for having a differing opinion than yours regarding rookie performers, did anybody see the All-Pro lists ? It seemed to be missing one Bradley Chubb, but featuring 3 other rookies who a certain someone said he thought had better years, interesting.
                                Let me guess. Either you or broncos SB2010. Anyway, congrats to either of you on your vindication. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied that Chubb had a brilliant first year and came close to breaking the rookie sack record.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X