No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not getting into the specific arguments as I really don't care, I just thought it was interesting to see someone ganged up on when what they were saying was completely reasonable, and the crowd here was being completely unreasonable. I just posted an interesting note on the All-Pro selections, I wasn't saying anything one way or the other. I just think the argument which was being made in this thread is now justified based on the All-Pro selections, that is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      I am not getting into the specific arguments as I really don't care, I just thought it was interesting to see someone ganged up on when what they were saying was completely reasonable, and the crowd here was being completely unreasonable. I just posted an interesting note on the All-Pro selections, I wasn't saying anything one way or the other. I just think the argument which was being made in this thread is now justified based on the All-Pro selections, that is all. Also not me, I just simply posted a fact, everyone else can return to their arguing and borderline bullying if they wish.
      I don't think anyone was bullied. If they were the mods would have handled it. They run a pretty tight ship here.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        I don't think anyone was bullied. If they were the mods would have handled it. They run a pretty tight ship here.
        Maybe not bullying, but it was a classic case of someone not sharing the same opinion, and everyone else being facetious and ganging up on that individual, while not listening at all too what they were trying to say, classic mob mentality. Anyway, continue folks, I was just posting who the All-Pro rookies were and weren't, I thought it might help the argument that was occurring in here, that is all, I wasn't sharing an opinion one way or the other

Comment

Thanks. I think?

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Maybe not bullying, but it was a classic case of someone not sharing the same opinion, and everyone else being facetious and ganging up on that individual, while not listening at all too what they were trying to say, classic mob mentality. Anyway, continue folks, I was just posting who the All-Pro rookies were and weren't, I thought it might help the argument that was occurring in here, that is all, I wasn't sharing an opinion one way or the other
          If you think something is against the CoC, please report it. We want this to be a safe place to share opinions.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I was a little disappointed when they picked him. I was still wishing that we moved up for Darnold or traded back for picks. In the end, I'm very glad that I was wrong and that we did pick him. I see a great career for him. Great rookie year.

Comment

• I did not watch every snap but the snaps I did review at the end of the year appeared that Chubb was actually getting more extra attention in opposing team pass protection than Von was getting.

At the time I would have been happy with Chubb or Nelson and now I am happy with Chubb or Nelson. Like mentioned earlier Chubb and Mack have similar tackle and sack totals even tho Chubb was a rookie.

Elway passed on a trade with Buff to take Chubb. What I would find really interesting to know is if Chubb was gone but Nelson was there would Elway have picked Nelson or traded the pick.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Thanks. I think?

If you think something is against the CoC, please report it. We want this to be a safe place to share opinions.
                Definitely it was a compliment. So many message boards are just flame war battlefields.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  I did not watch every snap but the snaps I did review at the end of the year appeared that Chubb was actually getting more extra attention in opposing team pass protection than Von was getting.

At the time I would have been happy with Chubb or Nelson and now I am happy with Chubb or Nelson. Like mentioned earlier Chubb and Mack have similar tackle and sack totals even tho Chubb was a rookie.

Elway passed on a trade with Buff to take Chubb. What I would find really interesting to know is if Chubb was gone but Nelson was there would Elway have picked Nelson or traded the pick.
                  I think Elway would had traded with buffalo at that point.

In reality Chubb had better numbers than Mack aside from either TFL or QBP I’m not sure. Which category Mack led but Chubb had better numbers everywhere else.

Not to change the subject but Perhaps Elway wants to find a younger pass rusher opposite Chubb to pose the same type of DE threat at a cheaper cost however it’s gonna stink when it comes time to pay them! But yes Chubb did command his share of attention last season!

Comment

Definitely it was a compliment. So many message boards are just flame war battlefields.
                    Because ppl aren’t mature enough to carry a rational conversation when opinions vary away from the majority!

It’s actually really sad, just look what happens when someone tries to Elway accountable for his share of the blame or how ppl rush to the defense of Champ Bailey over Aqib Talib when ever someone gives the slightest inclination that perhaps Talib was better!

Ppl need to realize that just because someone’s opinion is different than that of their own doesn’t give them the right to attack that particular person!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Because ppl aren’t mature enough to carry a rational conversation when opinions vary away from the majority!

It’s actually really sad, just look what happens when someone tries to Elway accountable for his share of the blame or how ppl rush to the defense of Champ Bailey over Aqib Talib when ever someone gives the slightest inclination that perhaps Talib was better!

Ppl need to realize that just because someone’s opinion is different than that of their own doesn’t give them the right to attack that particular person!
                      And in the spirit of rational debate, I respectfully say you are wrong about Talib over Bailey. Bailey was faster, covered better, and was a better tackler. Plus, he didn't act like a knucklehead on or off the field. He also has 12 Pro Bowls compared to Talib's 5.

Comment

And in the spirit of rational debate, I respectfully say you are wrong about Talib over Bailey. Bailey was faster, covered better, and was a better tackler. Plus, he didn't act like a knucklehead on or off the field. He also has 12 Pro Bowls compared to Talib's 5.
                        Absolutely. As good as Talib is Champ was hands down better. There are areas both may excel in over the other but overall Champ was the complete package and a rare gem among even the elite CBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Absolutely. As good as Talib is Champ was hands down better. There are areas both may excel in over the other but overall Champ was the complete package and a rare gem among even the elite CBs.
                          And just think, we had both of them play for us. Damn lucky regardless of any personal preferences.

Comment

• In 2016, 2017 and 2018 the AP named 22 players to the All Pro team as edge rushers. Joey Bosa was the only rookie All Pro edge rusher in three years with 41 tackles and 10.5 sacks. Bradley Chubb had 60 tackles and 12 sacks. Chubb’s 41 solo tackles matched Bosa’s combined tackles (Bosa started 11 games). I’m not sure about other positions but the odds are slim for rookie edge rushers to make All Pro, at least in recent history.

First team All Pro edge rushers in 2016, 2017 and 2018: Khalil Mack, Vic Beasley, Jadeveon Clowney, JJ Watt, Calais Campbell, and Cameron Jordan. These All Pro selections averaged 57.3 tackles and 12.6 sacks. None were rookies and with the exception of Khalil Mack all were on playoff teams.

Bradley Chubb was on par with first team All Pro players. I’m very pleased with his results. Hopefully the Broncos pick another talented player in the upcoming draft.
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-05-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              And he still whines to this day over Chubb and not drafting Darnold.

Guess he doesn’t realize that Darnold went number 3 nor does he even realize that defense won super bowl 50!

We will find a QB but at the moment we have the best pass rushing duel in the league and making my prediction right now I’m going to say that Fangio is going to have great success with these two.
                              1. We should have gone after one of those QBs. As great as Chubb is and will be, he won't mean as much as a good QB to team wins.
                              2. We won a SB with defense because we had a smart QB at our helm going against their defense and they had a weak sister LT and QB who can't get rid of the ball. The NFC didn't have a strong field that year as evidenced by Carolina being #1 seed. We and especially Von played extremely well that day and it was definitely our defense who won the game, but without Manning stepping into the Pittsburgh game and running that no huddle stuff on them to win that game and then Talib stopping New England's 2 pt conversion we might not have even been in that SB. But, we were and we came through with a powerful defense. Without Manning in those key games, I don't believe we win SB50, even though our D was dominant.

You've got to have a top 15 QB these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                IMO, Barrett isn't much behind Chubb, if he is behind at all. Barrett does better in run defense, imo, and may be the better overall player.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X