Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    i agree season is over
    mock draft prediction

    great, now we need another edge rusher to go with a CB.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

    Comment


    • #77
      Week 1, Chubb has a half-sack on his first defensive snap as a professional football player.

      He’s averaging 3 total tackles a game...

      SEA rushed for 64 yards (16 carries) and OAK rushes for 92 yards (27 carries).

      He’s setting the edge and taking some blocking scheme attention away from Von.

      He’s making rookie mistakes, and learning. He may not have a signature moment yet, or taking over a game (or even impacting it much)... but he’s holding down his spot, not a liability...

      And, anyway, who knows what his role was or what he was tasked to do these first 2 games.

      He may not be heading to the HOF (or Pro Bowl)... but he’s a starting DE on a 2-0 team, who is averaging allowing just 78 rushing yards a game... allowing just 21.5 points per game... and just 293 passing yards per game.

      This defense has allowed what? 5 TDs in 8 quarters... and at least 1 of those bc of the offense. So, if Chubb is faltering or floundering, or somehow getting exposed/exploited... I’m not seeing it.

      Going unnoticed is a 2-way street.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        We managed just 1 sack. Pass rushers were rotated frequently due to weather. Carr had a very quick release time on a lot of throws.
        Carr getting the ball out so fast was by design. He has a quick release, yes, quicker than most actually.

        But their gameplan today called for a lot of shorter passes. That was on purpose, to help offset our rush.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #79
          He's a rook - no way can you judge if he's not going to be worth his pick this early. After 2 games? He's a rook

          He has all the attributes. He'll be fine.

          It's really awesome when a rookie comes in and shows no signs of growing to do - but most rooks need time before they shine.

          It's also conventional thinking that DL takes even longer than other positions -

          I believe he was the best player in that draft and by that I mean the safest pick. He'll be fine in time
          Red 98

          Kareem rises to the top

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
            I think its reasonable discussion considering he was a very high first round pick and von miller performed right away. With a player with this much hype you expect to see some impressive stuff or flashes but so far we have seen neither. Now yes, obviously we're gonna wait and see and hope he proves everyone wrong, but its a bit troubling so far and is ok to express and discuss that.
            The Rams were able to get 1 sack against the Raiders, last year they were 4th in sacks. The Broncos also got 1 sack and they have the best pass rusher in football. Is it possible that the Raiders just have a really good o-line? And their game plan was because they were worried about pressure? Going max protection as much as they did isn't really conducive to the opposition generating an impressive pass rush.

            Judging a rookie after 2 games is way too early. Judging a rookie after a second game where he faced a great o-line and a game plan meant to take away what you want him to do, seems foolish to me.

            Comment


            • #81
              i also feel like pointing out khalil mack got 4.5 sacks his first season.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #82
                2nd NFL game, relax OP. I'm sure you weren't the hottest burning ember on your 2nd day on the job.
                I believe.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Definitely too early to pass judgment. I will say this however Joe woods wouldn’t know what to do with him even if he was playing at a pro bowl level. If Wade Phillips was still our defensive coordinator we win today’s game by 12 points and don’t get totally dominated in the first half

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by 98-O-Line View Post
                    Definitely too early to pass judgment. I will say this however Joe woods wouldn’t know what to do with him even if he was playing at a pro bowl level. If Wade Phillips was still our defensive coordinator we win today’s game by 12 points and don’t get totally dominated in the first half
                    Correct, we miss him dearly. Look at what he's doing with the rams. They now have a historic D

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                      Correct, we miss him dearly. Look at what he's doing with the rams. They now have a historic D
                      Getting rid of Wade was “monumentally” stupid. A bigger gaffe than drafting Paxton Pinch

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        2-0 and we are attacking rookies. :brick:
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          I think this coaching staff just does not know how to play rookies. Take D.Walker last year playing him as Coverage Player when he was made to rush the passer. I think they are once again trying to make a Pass Rusher in a Coverage Guy kinda like placing a square peg in a round hole. I also think that he has hit that Rookie Wall and I am sure with good teaching from D.Ware and Von Miller good things will come of that I hope.
                          Chubb is an OLB, which, by the very nature of that position, means he will drop into coverage often.

                          Even Miller sometimes drops into coverage but since he’s the best pass rusher, he’s going to get the majority of the pass rush opportunities.

                          They can’t just send both all the time. That defeats the advantage a 3-4 defense is supposed to give them, which is the offense doesn’t always know who the fourth rusher is going to be.

                          However, maybe they do need to send both at the same time more often.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Week 1, Chubb has a half-sack on his first defensive snap as a professional football player.

                            He’s averaging 3 total tackles a game...

                            SEA rushed for 64 yards (16 carries) and OAK rushes for 92 yards (27 carries).

                            He’s setting the edge and taking some blocking scheme attention away from Von.

                            He’s making rookie mistakes, and learning. He may not have a signature moment yet, or taking over a game (or even impacting it much)... but he’s holding down his spot, not a liability...

                            And, anyway, who knows what his role was or what he was tasked to do these first 2 games.

                            He may not be heading to the HOF (or Pro Bowl)... but he’s a starting DE on a 2-0 team, who is averaging allowing just 78 rushing yards a game... allowing just 21.5 points per game... and just 293 passing yards per game.

                            This defense has allowed what? 5 TDs in 8 quarters... and at least 1 of those bc of the offense. So, if Chubb is faltering or floundering, or somehow getting exposed/exploited... I’m not seeing it.

                            Going unnoticed is a 2-way street.
                            He is an OLB
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I think it's too soon to determine. The Raiders do have a great O line, but he Chubb was very quite yesterday.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

                                Could it be the Browns kneq something ?
                                This may be the very first time that has ever been written..
                                sigpic
                                AMPIPE

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X