No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know that he was overhyped as much as the fanbase didn't read between the lines of the hype. He's probably going to be a 6-8 sack guy at best this year. That said, he's not making too many glaring mistakes, is getting pressures/collapsing the pocket, and is stopping the run- Getting that from a rookie is a win. The sacks will come as the game slows down for him.

Comment

• The expectations are tied to his #5 pick overall. They are tied to him being labeled as "the best player in the draft," "Better than Myles Garrett," etc. 6 sacks a year isn't acceptable. He needs to be a 8-10+ guy.
      Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        The expectations are tied to his #5 pick overall. They are tied to him being labeled as "the best player in the draft," "Better than Myles Garrett," etc. 6 sacks a year aren't acceptable. He needs to be a 8-10+ guy.
        Myles Garrett had 6 sacks as a rookie. As I said, can he have more than 2 games before people question if he was "the best player in the draft" or "over hyped"? He may very well be an 8-10 sack a year guy, but I guarantee he won't have that many is 2 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
          Myles Garrett had 6 sacks as a rookie. As I said, can he have more than 2 games before people question if he was "the best player in the draft" or "over hyped"? He may very well be an 8-10 sack a year guy, but I guarantee he won't have that many is 2 games.
          He leads all rookies with 8 QB pressures, which helps contribute to Von's #s. He'll get his sacks eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            He leads all rookies with 8 QB pressures, which helps contribute to Von's #s. He'll get his sacks eventually.
            Exactly. People focus on a particular stat and use that to judge performance. I'd say Chubb is doing quite well so far.

Comment

Exactly. People focus on a particular stat and use that to judge performance. I'd say Chubb is doing quite well so far.
              I'm comfortable with where he is at and how he is producing. However, the expectations and hype is warranted based on how he was being viewed going into the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                That doesn't mean much. He leads all rookies...ok who are those rookies? Davenport? anyone else?

Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  That doesn't mean much. He leads all rookies...ok who are those rookies? Davenport? anyone else?
                  Weren't there 4-5 LB's taken in the 1st round? And the #s show there were a total of 39 LB's drafted, 23 defensive ends,and 20 defensive tackles. So it's not like he's the best out of a small bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    So let me ask you. What numbers do you expect him to have after 2 games that would make you feel he's living up to expectations?

Comment

• It's interesting that there's a thread about our rookie LB after just 2 games, but nobody has said anything about our $18 million QB who currently has throw more INTs than TDs.

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm more worried about the QB

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        It's interesting that there's a thread about our rookie LB after just 2 games, but nobody has said anything about our $18 million QB who currently has throw more INTs than TDs.

Thats because you get what you pay for lol. Look at What Minn Paid Kirk and he is looking the part. So If JE Goes cheap this is what we get lol However I will say Case is a Grinder and Determination and Beating The Oakland Raiders he will get a Pass this week in my Book !

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          It's interesting that there's a thread about our rookie LB after just 2 games, but nobody has said anything about our $18 million QB who currently has throw more INTs than TDs.

Not to get off topic but that is a very fair assessment right now.

Comment

• Back to Bradley Chubb.... 8-10 sacks in one season is a big accomplishment, especially if you have Von Miller on the other side possibly getting there first. I am confident that Chubb will get sacks if we can make teams consistently have 2 and 3 and long downs like we did against Seattle. He was right there with Von on at least 2 of Von's sacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                              Thats because you get what you pay for lol. Look at What Minn Paid Kirk and he is looking the part. So If JE Goes cheap this is what we get lol However I will say Case is a Grinder and Determination and Beating The Oakland Raiders he will get a Pass this week in my Book !
                              Huh? You get what you pay for? That's true as as a general statement, but how is that relevant to BRG's observation of there being a thread about our rookie LB after just 2 games? Chubb is on a rookie deal and Case is making 18 MIL. If anything, that's all the more reason why we shouldn't have a thread on Chubb's perceived lack of performance already.

Comment

So let me ask you. What numbers do you expect him to have after 2 games that would make you feel he's living up to expectations?
                                Well the hype on him coming out was a huge game changing impact player. I disagreed with that assessment. so far we have seen nothing like that hype. Not even close. Now if we see that coming up soon is completely unknown.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X