Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Different Denver Franchise Displace the Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Broncos would need to become a losing franchise 5-10 years in a row and, either the Avs or Rockies, need to be in the playoffs 5-10 years straight for that shift to happen. Possible? Yes, but slim chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      The Broncos would need to become a losing franchise 5-10 years in a row and, either the Avs or Rockies, need to be in the playoffs 5-10 years straight for that shift to happen. Possible? Yes, but slim chance.
      I dunno... the broncos are headed to being the red heades step children of Denver. Maybe rename the field Mile High at Soon-To-Be Half-Empty Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
        I dunno... the broncos are headed to being the red heades step children of Denver. Maybe rename the field Mile High at Soon-To-Be Half-Empty Field.
        This is the dumbest post I have seen all year.

Comment

The difference between the Broncos and other Denver teams:

The Rockies just ended a great season where they were above everyone's expectations. People will likely follow their offseason a little bit. They'll get a few thing written about them every week in the paper, and in March people will look forward to spring training ending.

The Broncos are in the midst of a dreadful season, and it looks like they'll have a rough finish and the coaching staff will be replaced. They'll be talked about nonstop during the offseason as people wonder what they'll do to fix the team. Every coaching interview will spawn numerous stories, every move will be talked about very in-depth. In April, people will be anxious to hear about the OTAs, and mini-camps looking to see the new direction of the team. People will debate endlessly leading up to the draft, wondering what the Broncos will do?

No one is replacing the Broncos, and it'll be a long time before anyone (outside of maybe NCAA football or basketball) replaces the NFL.

Comment

If the Broncos don't improve anytime soon, and the Rockies keep this up, I could eventually see the Rockies one-upping them. Besides, it costs too much to go to a Broncos game, (I live in Denver, and the last Broncos game I went to was in the 2013 preseason), meanwhile, I do go to quite a few Rockies games per season.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Not that it will happen, but I think the Avalanche has the best chance of stealing some of the Broncos' thunder. They're a young, fast, exciting team on the rise. The Rockies are a nice story but they will always be hampered by the Coors Field effect. The Nuggets? They're talented, but they have no chance in the powerful Western Conference.

Comment

Working...
              X