Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Universe: Swap Super Bowl 48's Loss with Super Bowl 50's Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Universe: Swap Super Bowl 48's Loss with Super Bowl 50's Win?

If you had the chance to live in an alternate universe where you could swap a win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl 48 by the score 24 - 10, and then get blown out by the Panthers in 50, would you?

I think two of the most tragic things about that 2013/2014 season was 1: that truly magical season ended so poorly and 2: Champ Bailey never got a ring.

Im not sure if I'd make the change or not. Sure Champ would get a ring, but then Ware would be without one and even though he spent most of his career in Dallas he definitely deserves his. Plus that would give Fox a ring and leave long time Broncos alum Gary Kubiak in the dark.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    If you had the chance to live in an alternate universe where you could swap a win over the Seahawks in Super Bowl 48 by the score 24 - 10, and then get blown out by the Panthers in 50, would you?

I think two of the most tragic things about that 2013/2014 season was 1: that truly magical season ended so poorly and 2: Champ Bailey never got a ring.

Im not sure if I'd make the change or not. Sure Champ would get a ring, but then Ware would be without one and even though he spent most of his career in Dallas he definitely deserves his. Plus that would give Fox a ring and leave long time Broncos alum Gary Kubiak in the dark.
    As great as it would be to see Champ get his ring, SB50 is an anniversary year. And I guess that since Tom Brady didn't win it, the NFL an ports media in general don't quite respect it as the event it should've been. As terrible as PM was that year, to have SB50 is something special. XXXII, XXXIII, XLVII, XLIX, LI, LII. All very special and cool in their own right. But SB50..... is the GOLDEN anniversary. Seeing a legendary QB walk across the shield for the last time as a champion is something EVERY Bronco fan should hold dear. And we had it happen twice!

I'll always take 50 over 48
    #swapping

Comment

Ryan Clady, Von Miller and Chris Harris were not participants in SB XLVIII due to injury. Gase/Manning called 78% pass. It made Alex Gibbs so mad he quit. Denver had four giveaways, Seattle had none.

Peyton Manning's 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons were spectacular statistically, but did not produce championships. To achieve those in football requires defense, offensive balance and effective STs. I'm inclined to go with spectacular defense because it is more reliable and travels well.

IIRC, Carolina was favored prior to SB 50. After studying the Panthers' O-Line, I thought their only chance was to not attempt any passes. It might have worked out better if they had just run the ball and didn't go out of bounds.

Football is a team effort with three phases. Defense wins championships and offense sells tickets. It's been that way for a long time.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Seattle deserved to win 48 they had the best team.
        We deserved 50,
        Elway made the necessary changes for us to win based on how bad we got thumped in 48.

So based on that, right is right best team on that day should win despite loyalties.

I would have loved to have seen us win in 86,87, or 89 but we played juggernaut NFC squads.
        sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Champ and hate Cam, so that's a good toss-up
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I wouldn't make the trade.
            "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

No, 50 is forever ours:lombardi:
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Is winning both an option? 😋

To answer the question. Heckin no wayyyy. To send NE home in the AFCCG , and then pound Cam in the SB, was all too sweet. Add in 50 being a anniversary year. Plus PFM last rodeo, SB50 was all to special to trade it for 48.
                :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Seattle deserved to win 48 they had the best team.
                  I actually disagree with this. I think that year's Denver team was better than the Seahawks by a considerable margin. Seattle definitely came into the SB better prepared; the Broncos looked bad and were DEFINITELY outcoached, but I will always believe that the Broncos had the more talented roster and that game should have been theirs to lose. The Seahawks unquestionably played the better game on SuperBowl Sunday but I don't think they were actually the "better team" that year--that's one of the reasons that SB loss stung so much.

Comment

That defense we had in SB 50 was memorable. If we were a Dallas, NY team or Pitt people would be talking about it being one of the best defenses all time.

We do not get there without the SB 48 loss. Wish we did not have to take that L but it woke up Elway that we needed guys like Sanders, Ward and Ware. We needed to get tougher as a team and that lead to a coaching change. All that change is why we has such a resilient team that took home SB50.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

To be able to watch over and over the beating Denver put in Cam Newton....is priceless... it cannot be traded for anything,,
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                        I actually disagree with this. I think that year's Denver team was better than the Seahawks by a considerable margin. Seattle definitely came into the SB better prepared; the Broncos looked bad and were DEFINITELY outcoached, but I will always believe that the Broncos had the more talented roster and that game should have been theirs to lose. The Seahawks unquestionably played the better game on SuperBowl Sunday but I don't think they were actually the "better team" that year--that's one of the reasons that SB loss stung so much.
                        That day the Star Wars offense met more than their match in the Evil Empire defense.
                        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                          That day the Star Wars offense met more than their match in the Evil Empire defense.

Very True The Star Wars Offense was Defeated by the Evil Empire however I will expect Revenge Week 1 lol.

Comment

Sometimes you need the experience of losing the biggest games to learn how to win them. Without the SB48 disaster, we wouldn't have won SB50.

Comment

I would not trade for Super Bowl 50 for anything. That was awesome to watch.
                              As far as Super Bowl 48 ?
                              I have wondered many times if the game
                              would have been different if all our injured players had played.
                              Von and Harris have always been difference makers.

Comment

Working...
                              X