Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Universe: Swap Super Bowl 48's Loss with Super Bowl 50's Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
    2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

I look at it this way.....the beauty of 50 was getting past 48 and all the pain of getting there.....so when we won, it erased the sad with nothing but glad!! It righted some wrongs for me. And it is fresh to this day. A loss after a win would deflate things to some degree, therefore I prefer the more recent win.

Not to mention we had to claw our way to the victory, and those seasons always are loved and appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I look at it this way.....the beauty of 50 was getting past 48 and all the pain of getting there.....so when we won, it erased the sad with nothing but glad!! It righted some wrongs for me. And it is fresh to this day. A loss after a win would deflate things to some degree, therefore I prefer the more recent win.

Not to mention we had to claw our way to the victory, and those seasons always are loved and appreciated!
        I would have loved to have won 48, but 50 revealed something to us: first it showed us that Von Miller is the superstar we know him to be, that was his ultimate emergence into complete NFL stardom. It was the next step for him in terms of growth, maturity, and production. Also the Broncos shut the skeptics up. I remember all week the national media saying that the Panthers would dismantle the Broncos worse than Seattle did in SB48. We got to see Peyton Manning ride off into the sunset in what was a complete Hollywood written season.
        Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
          I wouldn't make the trade.
          Would you trade 48 for 49?

Comment

I'm with you. SB 50 washed away the pain of SB 48. Sort of like SB 32 soothed the Jacksonville debacle.

Comment

Yea I totally agree that win erased a lot!

The SB50 season was almost as magical to my heart as our first championship season...I mean REAL close...and that first win was straight magical miracle feeling.

I just did not think a defense could carry a team like that in today's heavy offense favored rules NFL. Our Broncos changed my mind about mid-season. It was fun to watch our Broncos open the eyes of the nation during SB50 while they dismantled Cam and that offense!

That was so special the only reason I am bummed the rest of the world still does not give that defense the credit it deserves is because they are cheating themselves out of the knowledge of just how amazing that season was for that defense.

In the AFC Champ game against the Pats the offense essentially went to the showers at halftime and let some non-NFL starting level players finish the game on offense while the defense held on against Brady and Gronk to win that game.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                That defense we had in SB 50 was memorable. If we were a Dallas, NY team or Pitt people would be talking about it being one of the best defenses all time.

We do not get there without the SB 48 loss. Wish we did not have to take that L but it woke up Elway that we needed guys like Sanders, Ward and Ware. We needed to get tougher as a team and that lead to a coaching change. All that change is why we has such a resilient team that took home SB50.
                It was one of the best DEFENSIVE performances in NFL history, the regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowl prove it, the stats prove it , and any Media biased BS will not change it. Elway WILL make changes! You can guarantee that if we have another mediocre year again, there will be changes. He will not put up with it forever.
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                X