First Depth Chart released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Depth Chart released

The online format isn't copying very cleanly. So this is the best I can get.

Offense

Position 1st 2nd 3rd Other
    WR Emmanuel Sanders
    Courtland Sutton
    Tim Patrick
    John Diarse Mark Chapman Corey Brown

LT Garett Bolles
    Cyrus Kouandjio
    Elijah Wilkinson

LG Ron Leary
    Max Garcia
    J.J. Dielman

C Matt Paradis
    Sam Jones
    Austin Schlottmann

RG Connor McGovern
    Menelik Watson
    Jeremiah Poutasi

RT Jared Veldheer
    Billy Turner
    Andreas Knappe
    Leon Johnson

TE Jeff Heuerman
    Jake Butt
    Austin Traylor
    Matt LaCosse Brian Parker Troy Fumagalli

WR Demaryius Thomas
    DaeSean Hamilton
    River Cracraft
    Isaiah McKenzie Jordan Leslie Bryce Bobo

RB Devontae Booker
    Royce Freeman
    De'Angelo Henderson
    Dave Williams Phillip Lindsay

QB Case Keenum
    Paxton Lynch
    Chad Kelly

FB Andy Janovich

Defense
    Defense
    DE Derek Wolfe
    Zach Kerr
    DeShawn Williams

NT Domata Peko Sr.
    Shelby Harris
    Kyle Peko
    Paul Boyette Jr.

DE Adam Gotsis
    DeMarcus Walker
    Clinton McDonald
    Caushaud Lyons

SLB Bradley Chubb
    Shaquil Barrett
    Jerrol Garcia-Williams
    Antonio Simmons Stansly Maponga

WLB Von Miller
    Shane Ray
    Marcus Rush
    Jeff Holland

ILB Todd Davis
    Zaire Anderson
    Joe Jones
    Bo Bower

ILB Brandon Marshall
    Josey Jewell
    Keishawn Bierria

LCB Bradley Roby
    Tramaine Brock
    C.J. Smith
    Marcus Rios

RCB Chris Harris Jr.
    Isaac Yiadom
    Brendan Langley
    Michael Hunter

SS Darian Stewart
    Su'a Cravens
    Jamal Carter
    Trey Marshall

FS Justin Simmons
    Will Parks
    Dymonte Thomas
    Jordan Moore

Special Teams
    Special Teams
    PK Brandon McManus

KO Brandon McManus

P Marquette King

H Marquette King

LS Casey Kreiter

KR Phillip Lindsay
    Brendan Langley
    River Cracraft
    Isaiah McKenzie

PR Isaiah McKenzie
    River Cracraft
    Phillip Lindsay
    DaeSean Hamilton

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    The online format isn't copying very cleanly

Last edited by Bootleg; 08-07-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Paxton Lynch listed as number 2
      Jeff Heuerman with the first team?
      Devonte Booker with the first team!
      Isaiah Mackenzie listed as first punt returner in an attempt to keep him on the roster?

Come on guys you need to be honest with yourselves already! Tell me this is not the most John Elway influential dept chart thus far!

Does this guy/Elway think the rest of the football community is stupid?
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-07-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Paxton Lynch lusted as number 2
        Isaiah Mackenzie listed as first punt returner in an attempt to keepmhim on the roster?

Come on guys you guys need to be honest with yourselves already, tell me this is not the most John Elway influential dept chart thus far!

Why would Elway prefer certain players he drafted over other players he drafted? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Looks to me that they simply put the most experienced players first at the positions where there isn't a clear cut starter.

Comment

I'm pretty certain vets usually take the starter title on the first depth chart. It's really only after preseason or regular season games that the rookies pass up the vets. I'm sure the coaches want to see these players in live games before they make that sort of decision.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I would not take to much in the 1st depth chart !

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Why would Elway prefer certain players he drafted over other players he drafted? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Looks to me that they simply put the most experienced players first at the positions where there isn't a clear cut starter.
              That's the way I look at it too.

Comment

The thing I'm most excited about is 6 of the 10 draft picks earning first or second string honors. Could this finally be the above average draft Elway has been missing?

And I don't agree with Sam Z that it's somehow Elway influenced. What do you want VJ to do? Say no Elway I refuse to play any of your draft picks and we'll go with the walk ons? Yeah that'll keep your job.

I'm not too shocked on any of the depth chart. The only spot I would agree with Sam Z on is Mackenzie hasn't earned the right to be named punt returning starter just because he's in year 2. If they are comfortable with Lindsay as Kick returner why not let him have a go at Punt returner too?

But it's also week one preseason. It doesn't really matter what the depth chart looks like this week.
                sigpic

Comment

Isaiah Mackenzie listed as first punt returner in an attempt to keep him on the roster?

Come on guys you need to be honest with yourselves already! Tell me this is not the most John Elway influential dept chart thus far!

The first depth chart doesn’t matter man...

Comment

Settle down, we haven’t even played a preseason game yet.
                    Make the young guys work for it. No need to put them atop the first meaningless depth chart.

Comment

Maybe not the rest of the football community, but some...
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

You are right, it’s the first dept chart for the first game of preseason but if I see this same depth chart after game 3 of the preseason then I’ll reincarnate my statement!

I’m just sick and tired of the failed experiments with Lynch, Heuerman and Mackenzie.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-07-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

You are right, it’s the first dept chart for the first game of preseason but if I see this same depth chart after game 3 of the preseason then I’ll reincarnate my statement!

I’m just sick and tired of the failed experiments with Lynch, Heuerman and Mackenzie.
                          Chad Kelly is still working his way back from an IR season from a brutal college injury. Jake Butt is still working his way back from an IR season from a brutal college injury. Seems like third string and second string respectively is a fair place to list both until they make it through a healthy camp and prove they deserve to move up.

But as I said before I agree with you on Mackenzie. That one is a head scratcher.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't see how this depth chart could surprise anyone.

Paxton Lynch has been with the 2's the whole offseason, no reps for Kelly there.
                            Heuerman has been running with the 1's before dealing with knee soreness, and he's our #1 in-line TE.
                            Booker and Freeman have been sharing the first reps with the 1's during team period, and Booker has more experience in pass protection.
                            McKenzie is listed as the punt returner, but he's buried on the WRs depth chart. His roster spot does not look to be safe at all. Only preseason will tell who can really secure the ball and earn the punt returner job.
                            sigpic

Comment

Seems a little early in the year for the Elway conspiracy theories to start. I think Joseph summed up the first depth chart of the year best when he said it was meaningless and the only reason they released one was because the NFL mandates it. Interestingly he also said Jordan Taylor would be the top PR but he's injured. So it might be early to read anything into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X