Preseason Game 1 Takeaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colowoz View Post
    Cant disagree more, Sloter was casualty of Elway's Pride and Gamble that went wrong. He wanted his QB pick given another chance, QB competition with Siemian. (Failed experiment). Then they tried to Hide Sloter on the practice squad which proved others in the NFL recognized talent when they seen it. Heck the Guy looked better than who we kept in those pre-season games. Minnesota got a steal.

As for Cousins v/s Keenum this season will prove who singed the better QB. The vikings have a better QB room than the broncos currently, but with Kelly we may have 2 NFL type QB's. Paxton is not even a quality backup. Do we sign a veteran or are we happy with Chad?

Bottom line, stupidity in letting Sloter go elsewhere is not correctable, CUT Paxton now as a roster spot is very important for a player that will contribute. Lets refine the offense as I believe they should be able to score points and this game was not a representation of things to come.
    Sloter was released to make room for Osweiler. Kelly was on IR all of last year. Lynch was inactive most of 2017 and definitely was not available at the start of the season. Sloter was a rookie UDFA. They felt an experienced backup was needed. Denver tried to sign Sloter to their PS, but Minnesota offered him the maximum a PS guy can get to be on theirs. Later they signed him to their roster.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Sloter was released to make room for Osweiler. Kelly was on IR all of last year. Lynch was inactive most of 2017 and definitely was not available at the start of the season. Sloter was a rookie UDFA. They felt an experienced backup was needed. Denver tried to sign Sloter to their PS, but Minnesota offered him the maximum a PS guy can get to be on theirs. Later they signed him to their roster.
      This is true. However, in all honestly, Paxton should have been cut last year, and Sloter kept as the 3. If Pax would have ever looked anything like Sloter did last year, he would have started last year.
      I am hoping they have learned from this mistake and will move on from Paxton this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Which is why I felt at the time we'd have been better off putting Lynch on IR, signing Os as well as keeping Sloter on the 53 man roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          Which is why I felt at the time we'd have been better off putting Lynch on IR, signing Os as well as keeping Sloter on the 53 man roster.
          That was what I had hoped they would do, but ... didn't happen.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Make it 2-- it would not have bothered me if he never came out of the tunnel. From what I saw (from my couch through the TV-- which is not saying much) he looked like he got blown up regularly and was irrelevant. He was a good player when he had something to prove and wanted it-- now he, in my personal opinion, is 'weaksauce' and a polarizing figure the team does not need.
            Make it 3. Dude is more interested in his SJW job than ILB responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
            X