Cornerback depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornerback depth

I am worried about our secondary this year without Talib, If Roby or Harris go down with an injury then we are toast. There are some dangerous recievers in the division this year and we cant expect Yaidom or Brock to step in and fill the starters shoes. What are the chances that we look elsewhere for help, Trade or FA.

A little late for any groundbreaking moves at this point in the season. I'm guessing they'll be watching the waiver wire pretty closely this year though.

I really wish they had tried to find a way to keep Talib.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      A little late for any groundbreaking moves at this point in the season. I'm guessing they'll be watching the waiver wire pretty closely this year though.

Yep.Whilst being VERY chippy he seemed good at firing those up around him too.

Comment

Rodgers Cromartie is a free agent worth bringing in. He's not expensive and is definitely an upgrade to anything behind Harris and Roby.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Agreed. And I was of the optimistic presumption that offloading Talib was part of the Cousins recruitment process. Even if it were, I still consider it worth it. If it wasn't, the only logic I see is in the FO feeling that Yiadom will be comparable, and was targeted all along. Aqib is getting long in the tooth, but corners like him typically play well late into their careers. There was a lot of talk about his play dropping off last year, but to be fair, everyone dropped off. We can throw defensive numbers around, but anyone who watched the games could see glaring weaknesses and inconsistencies across the board defensively. Idt Aqib was the issue there. I've never had full confidence in Roby as a starter, and I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise. I'm just hoping Yiadom progresses fast, but I don't have a ton of faith in this coaching staff right now. Just how I see it.

If we can get our run defense hammered out, and our pass rush lives up to expectations, Aqib's absence will be mitigated. If one of those two things doesn't happen, we're looking at a situation where Keenum is going to have to do more. Very few quarterbacks can overcome a defense that gives up big plays against the run and passing game. What I hope to see against CHI is discipline defensively against the run, and hurried throws. Defense is vanilla in preseason, but we need to see some havoc in Chicago's offensive backfield. It starts with plugging the run.

Comment

I realize game reps are different than practice reps but I have a question? Has anyone seen what Langely and Yiadom look like covering Sanders and DT? Yiadom was picked on often in the preseason game but he didn't look like he was horribly out of position just maybe a step slow or a victim of a really well thrown ball. I know in the NFL the ball seems to "find" the weakest link a lot. If he is healthy Yiadom looks like he could be solid as long as he keeps working on technique and learning from CHJ and Roby.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
              Rodgers Cromartie is a free agent worth bringing in. He's not expensive and is definitely an upgrade to anything behind Harris and Roby.
              I'm guessing his contract demands are more than we're willing to spend

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                I realize game reps are different than practice reps but I have a question? Has anyone seen what Langely and Yiadom look like covering Sanders and DT? Yiadom was picked on often in the preseason game but he didn't look like he was horribly out of position just maybe a step slow or a victim of a really well thrown ball. I know in the NFL the ball seems to "find" the weakest link a lot. If he is healthy Yiadom looks like he could be solid as long as he keeps working on technique and learning from CHJ and Roby.
                I had noted the same thing. I believe it was one of the announcers who made a comment that his coverage and vision were good but some of the nuances and technique needed to be tweaked. I believe one of the items he said he needed to work on was looking back while running forward to better gauge where the ball is.

Comment

I don’t think Talib wanted to play for the current coaches and I don’t blame him. DRC doesn’t like to tackle so no thanks imo. Let’s see who gets let go.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    I don’t think Talib wanted to play for the current coaches and I don’t blame him. DRC doesn’t like to tackle so no thanks imo. Let’s see who gets let go.
                    He was never a tackler, but I trusted him in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      He was never a tackler, but I trusted him in coverage.
                      DRC is going to be looking for his last big payday, is it really worth overpaying for an aging CB? Especially when we just got rid of Talib in order to save money.

Like it or not, if they're going to add a CB, he will likely come from the waiver wire.

Comment

Get used to the All Fly Zone. It's coming.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X