Tasmanian devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Love this idea. It’s a crime how little he’s being paid. I wish the front office would pay him more on their own though.
    Is this serious? Did you just say it's criminal that this young man is making mid-six figures? He's making half a million dollars. You can't bump salaries every time a player outperforms their contract. You sure don't get any of the guaranteed money back when they under-perform. I agree he will earn himself a big contract the year after next, the year after that at the latest, but let's not go eating up next year's cap space because he's played well. And please try to remember he's making more money than most of us on this message board. He's not in poverty, he doesn't need a government bail out. He's going to get more money, eventually.
    Last edited by Letswinplz77; 12-08-2018, 12:03 PM.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      Is this serious? Did you just say it's criminal that this young man is making mid-six figures? He's making half a million dollars. You can't bump salaries every time a player outperforms their contract. You sure don't get any of the guaranteed money back when they under-perform. I agree he will earn himself a big contract the year after next, the year after that at the latest, but let's not go eating up next year's cap space because he's played well. And please try to remember he's making more money than most of us on this message board. He's not in poverty, he doesn't need a government bail out. He's going to get more money, eventually.
      All of what you say is true. However, careers tend to be short in the NFL, especially for RBs. Lindsay is certainly making fantastic money compared to regular people, but that could all end in one play. He'll be a RFA in 2021. Perhaps Denver will extend him early after he hopefully has a great 2019 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
        I thought he’s only making $15,000. Not sure where I got that came from but I guess I got that wrong. And because of that, he’s living with his parents.

My mistake.

Edit: The $15,000 was his signing bonus. Thanks for pointing this out.
        Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-08-2018, 01:40 PM.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Love this idea. It’s a crime how little he’s being paid. I wish the front office would pay him more on their own though.
          Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I thought he’s only making $15,000. Not sure where I got that came from but I guess I got that wrong. And because of that, he’s living with his parents.

My mistake.

Edit: The $15,000 was his signing bonus. Thanks for pointing this out.
          IMO you have a point.

Both Rod Smith and TD signed a contract that was long term but not top end money as their first contract after their rookie deal.

It was our way of paying a guy a little more money....not making them wait til their free agents and in return we did not have to pay top dollar.

Of course both players eventually got their big pay day...which even more boosted the reputation of the Broncos of being fair to their players...at the time.

I do think it would be tougher to pull off decades later tho.

Not sure if agents would allow the kind of contract that would make it worth while for a team to raise their cap for a player under contract for multiple years.
          Last edited by Hadez; 12-08-2018, 04:41 PM.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
          X