No announcement yet.

Post game -- Oakland and Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need Case to get an injury that is nothing major(hangnail) but force us to play Kelly. Unfortunately, I bet they would play Hogan and not Kelly.

Comment

• Need to get Kelly in the game.

Comment

• Joe Woods is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          If we lose the next couple games, which is very possible not because of the quality of opponents but because of our poor coaching and lack of fire on defense. If we do it’s time to start a youth movement and open up cap space before the trade deadline.

Suggestions;
          Shop Von. I’m betting we can nab 2 firsts and something else for him (similar to Mack trade)

Shop Thomas. A mid-round pick would suffice to dump his salary.

Then start looking for an entirely new coaching staff and also someone else to make personnel decisions so we don’t squander anymore draft picks.

I like our young backs, I like Sutton at WR, I like a couple of our o-linemen and we have some good options on the defensive side of the ball.

Then do whatever it takes to get our own Mahomes in Herbert from Oregon. That guy is gonna be special.

I’m tired of watching this team. Time for a change!
          1) I really don't see the lack of fire on defense you are alluding to. I think the defense has played with plenty fire.

2) Shop Von to what end? You hope to get lucky in the draft and get a generational talent, but most times you don't. Trading away a generational talent in his prime with the hopes of drafting another doesn't make sense to me. The Mack trade may go down as one of the most boneheaded trades ever. Listening to Gruden constantly say they need to find a way to generate a pass rush is just hilarious to me.

3) It's not that easy to just "get our Mahomes". If it was easy, everyone would do it. There is a long trail of QBs that looked like a generational talent in college, but most never end up being one. No one REALLY knew Mahomes was going to break out like this. They saw the talent, just like we have seen with other young QB's, but talent is no guarantee that it will all come together. I'm not familiar with Herbert, but even if he is a great college QB, doesn't mean he will be as a pro.

4) If the Broncos decide to go with a youth movement and total rebuild, I will support them as I always do. But there will be hard times and when they come, I guarantee we will see the same types of threads calling for the coach to be fired and saying the young guys are not living up to their hype.

Just me .03 cents.

Comment

If we lose the next couple games, which is very possible not because of the quality of opponents but because of our poor coaching and lack of fire on defense. If we do it’s time to start a youth movement and open up cap space before the trade deadline.

Suggestions;
            Shop Von. I’m betting we can nab 2 firsts and something else for him (similar to Mack trade)

Then start looking for an entirely new coaching staff and also someone else to make personnel decisions so we don’t squander anymore draft picks.

I like our young backs, I like Sutton at WR, I like a couple of our o-linemen and we have some good options on the defensive side of the ball.

Then do whatever it takes to get our own Mahomes in Herbert from Oregon. That guy is gonna be special.

Let's just put in our order now for a Mahomes at the QB store, there may be a waiting list of about 25 teams.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Suggestions;

No to shopping our SB MVP and one of the best linebackers in the league who anchors and leads our D.:nono:

The Shop DT idea would be nice, but who would take him with his contract

I would be all for the coaching overhaul if this happens.

There is plenty of fire in our D imo, the problem has been the coaching. I believe players are getting tired of being not used in the best way possible.I'd love to see this D now if we still had Talib. Coaching was the reason he left.

I don't believe we need a huge ovehaul either. If we keep losing, we need to get rid of our coaches and play some of our other young guys to help develop them. I believe if we had a decent qb, ilb's and a corner with better coaching, we would be force to reckon with. We have young talent at all of those positions. If that happens lets get them off the bench and the inactive list and start seeing what we got so we have a better idea for next year. It would also be giving players who will be here more experience rather than ones that probably won't.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I understand the fan mentality of "Super Bowl or bust" but I really believe we need to taper our expectations for this season.

On paper, this was an 8-8 roster and depending on how the ball bounced we might have stolen a game or two that propelled us to a playoff run. Unfortunately, over the last 2 games the ball has definitely not bounced our way and it appears 8-8 is a reasonable expectation for this team. For me, an 8-8 season after last season's disaster is progress and therefore I don't believe VJ would or should be fired.

I also expect us to dominate the Jets and Cardinals, while losing to the Rams and Chiefs. From there our schedule eases up somewhat and I suspect we'll do better down the stretch but not significantly better.

Having said that, if we wind up 2-6 following the Chiefs game at the end of the month then undoubtedly VJ will be on the hot seat, if not fired outright. I just don't foresee that happening but we'll see.
                sigpic

Comment

• I think it's more likely that we go 5-2 than 2-5

Comment

• I agree with what BroncoBreeder said. You start Kelly.

We have a better roster than many realize, no need to start over. Fire Vance Joseph and Joe Woods, give Musgrave a year with Kelly. Cut ties with Demaryius Thomas, pay Sanders and next year's draft is going to be deep on defensive talent, which is good because our secondary needs some help.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                      I think VJ could be gone if we lose to the Jets.
                      I think we beat the Jets! And some more teams after that!

Furthermore, this team is in every game they've played. We will fight hard this Sunday as well, for those saying the team is going to "check out", state your sources or stop saying it. You don't know that! Nobody knows it happened last year.

On any Sunday...
                      [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                        I think it's more likely that we go 5-2 than 2-5
                        How about 4-3 (beat Jets and Cards, possibly lose to Rams)?

That wouldn't be too bad. Chiefs next 3 are the Jags at home, at the Pats, and the Bengals at home. 2 losses there, possibly 3.

And then in Week 8: Broncos @ Chiefs.

We could easily top the Division going into Week 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                          Let's just put in our order now for a Mahomes at the QB store, there may be a waiting list of about 25 teams.
                          WHAAAAAAT? There's a QB store? Why didn't someone........I mean, of course I knew about the QB store. I hang out there all the time. Because I am an NFL head coach and I know what I'm doing. I'm at that store a lot, I mean not too much, about as much as other head coaches are, however much that is, like in between Sean Payton and Matt Nagy, or about as much as Belichick, that's how much I'm there. This past week we were having a great week of practice so I just cancelled our drills and we all went and hung out at the QB store. I hang out there, that's my shop. All the time. The QB store, I'm an NFL head coach and I know what I'm doing........

-VJ
                          To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                          X