Would you rather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TennesseeBroncos View Post
    I think we should activate AJ Johnson and Demarcus Walker for our defense. We desperately need the help with inside pass rush and run support (Walker) and we need a ton of help at ILB (Johnson).

I know Demarcus didn't play up to his potential last year but it's time to see if his weight gain and move back to a natural position will work out for him. I also realize Johnson has been out of football for years and it takes time to get re-acclimated, but there is no test like real in game experience.

I'm not full blown panic yet, but it's close after how the defense looked yesterday. I mean they couldn't move the ball an inch on Jacksonville, and our defense isn't that bad talent wise is it? Maybe I'm just holding on to yesterdays but I still feel we have a ton of talent. Plus zero sacks from Von, Chubb, Shaq, and Ray??? What are yalls thoughts?
    THANK YOU!! I don't know how much those guys can contribute but it is certainly worth giving them an opportunity. Johnson, if nothing else, performed very well on ST almost immediately. I like Walker, he had a nice off-season, he was a good college player, give the guy a chance. Like another thread points out, perhaps using a 4-3 would allow for more rotation and more opportunity for players like Walker.

Comment

• Davis and Marshall both look worse than they ever have this season. I know Marshall lost weight in hopes of covering TEs better but its effected his performance as well. Not sure about Davis, he is a good when its good but terrible when its bad type of linebacker.

Comment

• This defense is still on a very tight leash and it’s because we do not have a number 2 corner. That’s why our edge rushers numbers are down.

Also on offense, the broncos need to play to Case Keenums strengths! He’s one of the best when it comes to play action however Denver is 5th to last in using the play action.

This is a very talented team but they have very poor coaching!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          This defense is still on a very tight leash and it’s because we do not have a number 2 corner. That’s why our edge rushers numbers are down.

Also on offense, the broncos need to play to Case Keenums strengths! He’s one of the best when it comes to play action however Denver is 5th to last in using the play action.

This is a very talented team but they have very poor coaching!
          Why is Case unable to see and recognize pressure? He was able to do that last season....now he appears to be incapable of doing it. Play action only works when the team bites on it. Because we are such a good running team teams aren't biting on the PAP. What we are really missing is the quick crossing routes which we were doing before. The problem....Case threw 3 picks. Our OC was trying to soften up the defensive coverage but our QB was and has shown he is incapable of being accurate with the football. To add onto that point Case threw over the head of the following three players in the last three games: Jake Butt, Jeff H, D.Thomas, T.Patrick & C.Sutton.

Heights: C.Sutton (6ft3), T.Patrick (6ft5), Jeff H (6ft5), Jake Butt (6ft6), D.Thomas (6ft3). These guys are not even close to being small or short targets. I watched Sutton jump up for a ball with his arm extended WAAAY up in the air. You have to think he can dunk on a regulation BBall net. The ball still sailed over his head. When we brought in a veteran QB to play smarter and secure the football.

5 TDs (24th), 7 INTs (T-2nd), 13 Sacks and at 1365 yards (17th), 63.5 Comp % (22nd)- Do these stats look like they are worth 18 Mil a season? Add onto that the fact that we have one of the top running attacks in the league....so all that means is that Case just needs to make a pass or two and keep the defense honest.

So for me I do not see this as a pure coaching issue in fact I see this as a QB issue and the coaches are trying to mitigate his piss poor play. Now that doesn't excuse the defense but when you're second in the league in INTs and bottom quarter in yards and completion % we are basically just giving the ball back to our opponents AND given the fact that we are 24th in TDs (throwing) we are giving the ball back to our opponents without scoring points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            Why is Case unable to see and recognize pressure? He was able to do that last season....now he appears to be incapable of doing it. Play action only works when the team bites on it. Because we are such a good running team teams aren't biting on the PAP. What we are really missing is the quick crossing routes which we were doing before. The problem....Case threw 3 picks. Our OC was trying to soften up the defensive coverage but our QB was and has shown he is incapable of being accurate with the football. To add onto that point Case threw over the head of the following three players in the last three games: Jake Butt, Jeff H, D.Thomas, T.Patrick & C.Sutton.

Heights: C.Sutton (6ft3), T.Patrick (6ft5), Jeff H (6ft5), Jake Butt (6ft6), D.Thomas (6ft3). These guys are not even close to being small or short targets. I watched Sutton jump up for a ball with his arm extended WAAAY up in the air. You have to think he can dunk on a regulation BBall net. The ball still sailed over his head. When we brought in a veteran QB to play smarter and secure the football.

5 TDs (24th), 7 INTs (T-2nd), 13 Sacks and at 1365 yards (17th), 63.5 Comp % (22nd)- Do these stats look like they are worth 18 Mil a season? Add onto that the fact that we have one of the top running attacks in the league....so all that means is that Case just needs to make a pass or two and keep the defense honest.

So for me I do not see this as a pure coaching issue in fact I see this as a QB issue and the coaches are trying to mitigate his piss poor play. Now that doesn't excuse the defense but when you're second in the league in INTs and bottom quarter in yards and completion % we are basically just giving the ball back to our opponents AND given the fact that we are 24th in TDs (throwing) we are giving the ball back to our opponents without scoring points.

Makes no sense to say we are such a good running team that defenses are not biting on pap ???

That’s exactly when defenses bite on pap
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Congrats to Brees!! A look at his "success" against Us

I did a post like this a while back on Brady's stats against us. I figured with Brees breaking the passing yards record last night I would do the same for him.

Drew Brees vs Denver Broncos

1 10/06/2002 @ Den L 26-9 STATS 26-42 235yds 1 TD 2 INT 0 sacks

2 10/01/2002 @ SD W 30-27 STATS 27-41 217yds 0 TD 0 INT 1 sack

3 09/14/2003 @ SD L 37-13 STATS 20-41 182yds 1 TD 1 INT 0 sacks

4 09/26/2004 @ Den L 23-13 STATS 14-29 121yds 0 TD 0 INT 4 sacks

5 12/05/2004 @ SD W 20-17 STATS 14-27 106yds 0 TD 1 INT 2 sacks

6 09/18/2005 @ Den L 20-17 STATS 15-23 175yds 0 TD 1 INT 4 sacks

7 12/31/2005 @ SD L 23-7 STATS 8-14 68yds 0 TD 0 INT 3 sacks (This was the game that ended his SD career and made way for Rivers John Lynch nearly killed Brees a few times in this game)

8 09/21/2008 @ Den L 34-32 STATS 39-48 421yds 1 TD 0INT 1 sack (First game against Denver with the Saints)

9 10/28/2012 @ Den L 34-14 STATS 22-42 213yds 2 TD 1 INT 1 sack (Only meeting of Brees Manning while Manning was with Denver)

10 11/13/2016 @ NO L 25-23 STATS 21-29 303yds 3 TD 2 INT 1 sack

TOTALS: 10 games Record 2-8 all time vs DEN Comp%-61.3% TD-8 INT-8 Sacked 17 times

Crazy to think how successful we have been against one of the greatest QBs of all time. Some of those games were some of the best games of the season for Denver. Lynch going haywire on the Chargers, Cutler Brees shootout, Manning getting redemption against the Saints on MNF, Simmons blocked PAT and Parks taking it the distance FTW!

Drew Brees could potentially go down as the best ever statistically. So looking at these numbers I take pride in how we have performed against a first ballot hall of famer. Congrats to Drew Brees and as always GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by TennesseeBroncos View Post
                I did a post like this a while back on Brady's stats against us. I figured with Brees breaking the passing yards record last night I would do the same for him.

Drew Brees vs Denver Broncos

1 10/06/2002 @ Den L 26-9 STATS 26-42 235yds 1 TD 2 INT 0 sacks

2 10/01/2002 @ SD W 30-27 STATS 27-41 217yds 0 TD 0 INT 1 sack

3 09/14/2003 @ SD L 37-13 STATS 20-41 182yds 1 TD 1 INT 0 sacks

4 09/26/2004 @ Den L 23-13 STATS 14-29 121yds 0 TD 0 INT 4 sacks

5 12/05/2004 @ SD W 20-17 STATS 14-27 106yds 0 TD 1 INT 2 sacks

6 09/18/2005 @ Den L 20-17 STATS 15-23 175yds 0 TD 1 INT 4 sacks

7 12/31/2005 @ SD L 23-7 STATS 8-14 68yds 0 TD 0 INT 3 sacks (This was the game that ended his SD career and made way for Rivers John Lynch nearly killed Brees a few times in this game)

8 09/21/2008 @ Den L 34-32 STATS 39-48 421yds 1 TD 0INT 1 sack (First game against Denver with the Saints)

9 10/28/2012 @ Den L 34-14 STATS 22-42 213yds 2 TD 1 INT 1 sack (Only meeting of Brees Manning while Manning was with Denver)

10 11/13/2016 @ NO L 25-23 STATS 21-29 303yds 3 TD 2 INT 1 sack

TOTALS: 10 games Record 2-8 all time vs DEN Comp%-61.3% TD-8 INT-8 Sacked 17 times

Crazy to think how successful we have been against one of the greatest QBs of all time. Some of those games were some of the best games of the season for Denver. Lynch going haywire on the Chargers, Cutler Brees shootout, Manning getting redemption against the Saints on MNF, Simmons blocked PAT and Parks taking it the distance FTW!

Drew Brees could potentially go down as the best ever statistically. So looking at these numbers I take pride in how we have performed against a first ballot hall of famer. Congrats to Drew Brees and as always GO BRONCOS!
                The only thing I need to know about Brees is Lynch tore his shoulder up in 2005, and got him shipped out of SD. He's a good quarterback, though. Better than Rivers, and that's not a knock on Rivers at all.

Comment

• I’m not a big fan of some of these records because they’re over-inflated because of the rules and the fact that receivers are responsible for every single passing yard and passing touchdown attributed to quarterbacks.

Brees is a great quarterback though.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    The only thing I need to know about Brees is Lynch tore his shoulder up in 2005, and got him shipped out of SD. He's a good quarterback, though. Better than Rivers, and that's not a knock on Rivers at all.
                    Those years the Chargers were knocking on the door in the AFC championship and such. You think Brees would've been the difference maker? I agree with you that Drew is way better than Rivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      I’m not a big fan of some of these records because they’re over-inflated because of the rules and the fact that receivers are responsible for every single passing yard and passing touchdown attributed to quarterbacks.

Brees is a great quarterback though.
                      I think Brees has earned it with playing at a high level for years. He turned the 'Aints into SuperBowl Champs. However, you're correct. This league has been a passing league for years now, and the Saints throw the ball more than most teams. So that played highly in his favor for the record.

Comment

• It's great he broke the record and everything... but seriously, the amount of fanfare they put into it was ridiculous.

The record only stood for less than 3 years, it's not like he broke some 40 year old record that nobody ever thought would be broken. Yet they stopped the game for like 20 minutes, brought his family down, I felt embarrassed for the NFL. Worse part was the announcers who couldn't stop kissing Brees's butt the whole game.

Brady will probably play till he's 50 and smash the record anyway, so what was the point?

Comment

Working...
                        X