Would you rather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    I personally felt Mayfield was the only special QB in this draft. We never had a chance to draft him so I would argue its a moot point. Cleveland was taking him no matter what.

I like what Elway did with the draft, but I must say, Chubb has been a major disappointment. Dude is having no real impact on games.
    i feel like we are watching different games. he has been very effective with getting QB pressures.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Pump the brakes on Mahomes . I'll admit he looks really good. However we've seen too many young QBs come in and look like the next best thing only to come crashing down to earth yr 2 or 3 .

Comment

I follow the BIG 12 and guess what? I’ve watched him play. Mahomes’ 13-16 record is exactly who he is. A good QB but not great. Unlike Mayfield, Mahome didn’t put his team on his back to wins..

Let’s not crown Mahomes (or any other first year QB) GOAT already.

Comment

Bolles is bad. He uses poor technique, he gets bull rushed easily. Plus he is always holding. Its terrible

Comment

Everybody understood Ryan Ramczyk was the better OT... but we had to draft the 26 yr-old Bolles bc he was athletic. Ramzy already a top 5 RT... Bolles is getting worse by the snap... which tells me he’s not the answer at LT.

We can’t pass protect bc our bookends can’t even get in the way of a defender. The rush is on within 1.5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Everybody understood Ryan Ramczyk was the better OT... but we had to draft the 26 yr-old Bolles bc he was athletic. Ramzy already a top 5 RT... Bolles is getting worse by the snap... which tells me he’s not the answer at LT.

We can’t pass protect bc our bookends can’t even get in the way of a defender. The rush is on within 1.5 seconds.
              i came into the draft thinking i didn't want bolles and it happened.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                i came into the draft thinking i didn't want bolles and it happened.
                Same here but John Elway made the call

Comment

2. We are a much better team then we've shown. I also believe that our playbook is being intentionally limited because of Case's ability to play (or lack there of).
                  Making my point for me. Yes, we are a better team than this except for our quarterback. And apparently, based on multiple seasons of evidence now, that is enough to ruin everything. The quarterback is the lynch pin for the team. There is no price too high for a good one.

3. A young QB traditionally does well when he has a good to great TE. We have average at best at that position on our team. We don't have a size guy we don't have a speed guy and we definitely don't have a combo guy who is both.
                  So what's your point? Dude, WE DON'T HAVE A QUARTERBACK. Fine, when we ransom our draft to get the number one pick, we will save a sixth rounder and draft a tight end.

So unless we as a team are willing to trade up to the #1 pick in the 2019 draft then I don't see us doing well. picking a QB in the draft because the guy selected QB3 or QB4 tends to just not work out more often than not. I'd also like to point out that at some point our FO and HC need to make a decision. If Case is not doing his part and we are in need of a QB...AGAIN....then we need to see if Kelly can be our guy. Ultimately we need to see what we have 1st....which means that swag Kelly is gonna need to get on that field and play for us.
                  By your reasoning, since Kelly was taken last in the draft, far from the first couple of picks, he stands no chance of being the guy. I would agree with this. We gotta stop thinking we can make chicken soup out of chicken poop. We gotta make a move to get a high draft choice to get a quarterback. To my point, we had that chance in the 2018 draft and squandered it. That was dumb beyond belief. Now we gotta deal. And to your point, why wouldn't we be willing to pay a kings ransom to get the number one pick when our other draft picks are sticking on with the team at a rate of one in five? That's so unbelievably bad that we have everything to gain by doing this.
                  The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                    Making my point for me. Yes, we are a better team than this except for our quarterback. And apparently, based on multiple seasons of evidence now, that is enough to ruin everything. The quarterback is the lynch pin for the team. There is no price too high for a good one.

So what's your point? Dude, WE DON'T HAVE A QUARTERBACK. Fine, when we ransom our draft to get the number one pick, we will save a sixth rounder and draft a tight end.

By your reasoning, since Kelly was taken last in the draft, far from the first couple of picks, he stands no chance of being the guy. I would agree with this. We gotta stop thinking we can make chicken soup out of chicken poop. We gotta make a move to get a high draft choice to get a quarterback. To my point, we had that chance in the 2018 draft and squandered it. That was dumb beyond belief. Now we gotta deal. And to your point, why wouldn't we be willing to pay a kings ransom to get the number one pick when our other draft picks are sticking on with the team at a rate of one in five? That's so unbelievably bad that we have everything to gain by doing this.
                    there has to be a QB worth doing that for. and i don't see any elite talents at QB this draft. i am sad we missed rosen but chubb will be a corner stone for a defense for a while now. i'd rather try to add an OT this draft. then move up next year. i think Tua and Fromm are light years ahead of HErbert, Lock or Stidham.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

there has to be a QB worth doing that for. and i don't see any elite talents at QB this draft. i am sad we missed rosen but chubb will be a corner stone for a defense for a while now.
                      I see what you did there. You tried to inject some optimism. Well it won't work, I'm living large at lake realism/pessimism. Too bad Chubb will still be wasted on a team without a true chance of success (until we get a quarterback). If we are lucky he will be our Joe Thomas. A great player on a perennially bad team.

I'll bet if we offered a treasure chest to Arizona they would give us Rosen. We can still push the rewind button. I would set the sights on whichever quarterback you feel is the best prospect for a young stud (through draft or trade) and give whatever it takes to get it done, admit we are in full on rebuild mode, hire a coach who is offensive minded and has a track record with young quarterbacks, and go from there. Ok, so maybe lake realism isn't based in realty right now, I'll concede that.
                      Last edited by Humberg; 10-02-2018, 11:16 PM.
                      The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am probably wrong but here is what I think happened.

1.) Elway tried to find Manning's replacement. No Luck.
                        2.) Elway realized Miller & Co. won the Lombardi. Enter Chubb.

New game plan:
                        Ask Thomas for pay cut
                        Upgrade OL/CB
                        Run the ball
                        Press coverage
                        Pick #32

Comment

there has to be a QB worth doing that for. and i don't see any elite talents at QB this draft. i am sad we missed rosen but chubb will be a corner stone for a defense for a while now. i'd rather try to add an OT this draft. then move up next year. i think Tua and Fromm are light years ahead of HErbert, Lock or Stidham.
                          I disagree. Justin Herbert is the real deal and I've heard reports that if he's rated higher than any of the QBs that came out last year. He's mobile, has a cannon, can throw with touch and is accurate.

Comment

Our pass blocking is bad, as it was last year, as it was the year before, as it will continue to be if John Elway just plans to continue to sign ageing mediocre free agents like Okung, Watson, Stephenson, and Veldheer, and expecting them to become starting quality players again. We need to commit to building the offensive line early in the draft and change the way that offensive line talent is acquired, because the current approach just isn't working.

Looking at the individual players we have, it isn't a great group as we all knew all off-season. I will start with the left tackle Bolles, this guy is bad in every facet of the game, and he is just a stupid football player. He was bad as a rookie and for some reason everyone just assumed he would be better in year 2, well he isn't and he is hurting this offense in so many ways. Not only can he not pass protect, not only does he give away the most holding penalties in football, but the guy can't run block either. Bolles cannot move laterally and engage a defender, and if Veldheer is healthy, I am looking to move him to the left and playing Billy Turner full-time on the right.

McGovern and Veldheer on the other side have been our strength on the offensive line in terms of run blocking, but both are really bad in pass protection. They are providing instant pressures consistently and pretty much killing any opportunity of a lot of passing plays even having a chance. Did anybody notice that Veldheer didn't play beyond a couple of drives on Monday night ? I didn't see if he was injured or not but Billy Turner was an immediate upgrade and looked to handle Houston a lot better than Veldheer did. How sad that even as bad as Veldheer looks in pass protection, he still looks much better than Bolles.

Comment

As far as blocking as a whole goes, Janovich is the best blocker on the team. That said, Bolles has been a dud in that regard, and his technique is just bad. We should see a lot 2 TE sets, and run the ball down teams throats. I believe this talent is perfect for Kubiak's offense. The ration should be 60/40 run to pass next week IMO.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                                Our pass blocking is bad, as it was last year, as it was the year before, as it will continue to be if John Elway just plans to continue to sign ageing mediocre free agents like Okung, Watson, Stephenson, and Veldheer, and expecting them to become starting quality players again. We need to commit to building the offensive line early in the draft and change the way that offensive line talent is acquired, because the current approach just isn't working.

Looking at the individual players we have, it isn't a great group as we all knew all off-season. I will start with the left tackle Bolles, this guy is bad in every facet of the game, and he is just a stupid football player. He was bad as a rookie and for some reason everyone just assumed he would be better in year 2, well he isn't and he is hurting this offense in so many ways. Not only can he not pass protect, not only does he give away the most holding penalties in football, but the guy can't run block either. Bolles cannot move laterally and engage a defender, and if Veldheer is healthy, I am looking to move him to the left and playing Billy Turner full-time on the right.

McGovern and Veldheer on the other side have been our strength on the offensive line in terms of run blocking, but both are really bad in pass protection. They are providing instant pressures consistently and pretty much killing any opportunity of a lot of passing plays even having a chance. Did anybody notice that Veldheer didn't play beyond a couple of drives on Monday night ? I didn't see if he was injured or not but Billy Turner was an immediate upgrade and looked to handle Houston a lot better than Veldheer did. How sad that even as bad as Veldheer looks in pass protection, he still looks much better than Bolles.
                                Veldheer went out with a knee injury, but I'm not exactly sure when he was hurt. Veldheer has been very solid for us, until the injury. So Im actually pretty pleased with that pick up. Paradis has been solid to good, and Leary has been ok, but not living up to what we had hoped for IMO. McGovern still gets worked from time to time, but as a unit our run blocking us very good.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X