No announcement yet.

Would you rather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m done with Elway’s drafting, he’s bad at it.

Comment

Herbert from Oregon in the right scheme will be just as good, if not better than Mahomes. But he will go #1 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        I’m done with Elway’s drafting, he’s bad at it.
        This draft class has been really good
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Veldheer went out with a knee injury, but I'm not exactly sure when he was hurt. Veldheer has been very solid for us, until the injury. So Im actually pretty pleased with that pick up. Paradis has been solid to good, and Leary has been ok, but not living up to what we had hoped for IMO. McGovern still gets worked from time to time, but as a unit our run blocking us very good.
          There’s no identity on this oline. It’s a mash up of zone, power, and misfits. I think Janovich is the biggest reason our run game has stepped up as well as having what seems to be 2 legit RBs that actually follow him and set up their blocks.

Bolles is looking like a LG in the mold of Zane Beadles. Leary looks good but having Frederick and Smith next to him in Dallas was huge for him. Paradis is solid but still gets overpowered at times. McGovern flashes at times but struggles with leverage and power at times, I still think his best fit is at C. Veldheer is solid as well but he needs help in pass protection, age and injuries have caught up to him.

Turner has surprised me when he comes in. I thought he had a rough preseason but when he comes in for injuries he holds it down. He’s not amazing in the run game but he does enough most of the time. I don’t remember hearing Dee Fords name too much once Turner came in. Putting him in at LT has crossed my mind but he was terrible there in Miami and was cut because of it despite being solid prior to playing there. Maybe Veldheer to LT where he’s used to playing and putting Turner in at RT would help. Bolles has talent but I think he needs to be humbled, poor technique and a poor attitude can’t continue to be rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            This draft class has been really good
            Kubiak is the head of the scouting department now but are we going to give him or Elway credit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Kubiak is the head of the scouting department now but are we going to give him or Elway credit?
              Both it's a team effort. The 2017 draft was just bad, I think that's universally agreed upon at this point. However, his 2016 class was pretty solid overall. Yes, Paxton is the headline, but we snagged Gotsis, Simmons, Parks, and our lord and savior Jano in it. Booker was drafted as well, and Dixon is still punting for the NYG. So it was quietly a very good draft.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                Herbert from Oregon in the right scheme will be just as good, if not better than Mahomes. But he will go #1 next year.
                And there's really no reason why we can't go get that pick one way or another. Someone come up with one because I can't see it. Don't know why we wouldn't do it.
                The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

With a decent QB this team would be pretty good.

Comment

Yeah if we trade enough.. plus who will compete for it? Almost everyone has their first year or project QB in place. We may not have much resistance picking QB at #1

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      I disagree. Justin Herbert is the real deal and I've heard reports that if he's rated higher than any of the QBs that came out last year. He's mobile, has a cannon, can throw with touch and is accurate.
                      If we can't get Herbert in 2019, I'd like to try for Fromm or Tagovailoa in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                        I wanted Rosen and that hasn't changed. Watched the Cards game last night and man, if not for 4 dropped passes (two by Larry Fitzgerald), Rosen would have had at least 3 pass TDs in his first game against a division rival. All of the dropped passes were absolute dimes too. Throws with zip that you'll never see Keenum make.

Now, Swag still just might save us but if not, passing on Rosen is going to haunt this franchise for years to come. Darnold and Allen will be busts though. I stand by that statement.
                        I wanted a QB period, I was banging that drum so hard!! I like Chubb but any time you are drafting top 5 and are in desperate need of a franchise QB you have to take a shot. I would of been happy with Rosen for sure.

Comment

I don't want to just make it an automatic - do it next draft - because I don't know who is in the draft who would be worthy, but I agree with your point. In this NFL you HAVE to have a QB, even if he's an old Manning - we got to the SB TWICE with him and have looked mediocre without him.
                          I look at what the Raiders did in trading away Mack. On the surface it looks stupid to let him walk, but it gave them the draft choices that whoever they wanted in the upcoming draft they'd have a decent chance of getting. As it turns out, I don't think they want a QB and I'm not sure we want anyone coming out next year either - BUT, if there was:
                          Trade Von to the Raiders for their plethora of pics and use them to move up and grab our signal caller for the next decade. Von is a great pass rusher but when he goes against a decent Tackle he disappears. He's still extremely valuable and I want to keep him if we had that QB, but if we have to trade him to get that QB, lets do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Mahomes has played 5 NFL games, and looked awful for about 3 quarters last night. Denver was the first team to try and confuse him and to challenge him, and he struggled until Denver went away from that. It's way too early for the praise he's getting heaped on him right now.
                            Absolutely agree it's too early to write a great career for Mahomes, but, as much as anything our defense did you have to realize how many dropped passes and penalties there were and their loss of Watkins. Mahomes trailed by 10 when he went all Mahomes on us he lit us up - even without Watkins. Even struggling he got nearly 50% of third downs.
                            And, please, don't think we were the first team to try to confuse a young QB - all of them did. We were more successful in the first half, I think, because our line was less tired and KC had yet to figure out that you couldn't run curls and deep in's against our secondary. BTW, our secondary did a really good job. And even though Mahomes threw for more than 300 yards, if we could have scored in the 4th qtr we would have been fine.

Comment

When was the last time the Broncos' had an O-line one would call great? It's been a while. Even the O-line of the SB50 team was pretty weak. Bad drafting and free agency has culminated in this. Add awful QB play...

Comment

Options? Trade for someone? Anyone on the market?

Comment

Working...
                                X