Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hot is VJ’s seat and by extension Elway’s

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How hot is VJ’s seat and by extension Elway’s

    How hot did VJ’s seat get after the 3rd straight loss?

    I started this so we could consolidate opinions and also articles. I’m curious what the outside world thinks of this.

    But I’m also curious what Bronco Country thinks about Elway’s seat too. Did his heat up too? Would Joe Ellis put Elway on notice to do his part to fix this train wreck?

  • #2
    Hopefully this thread can remain civil and the mods don’t close it but anyway most here know how I feel about the whole situation at this point.

    I think both Elway and VJs should be in extreme question right now. If you under perform in the work place or consistently produce a bad product then you will in fact be dismissed so why is it so hard for broncomania to understand this?

    This is NOT broncos football nor was this a part of Pats vision but sadly I don’t believe Elis is taking action against anyone at the moment.

    Elis won’t dismiss Elway and Elway won’t dismiss VJ however do I think action should be taken? Of course and severe action against both.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a hard time bailing on Elway. He's making the ultimate decisions on coaches and draft choices but he still is a step removed. If his next HC hire is this lackluster then I think that it would be time to put John into retirement.

      Comment


      • #4
        i'd be willing to bet VJ isn't the HC of the denver broncos by the super bowl this year. i am expecting at the latest around week 14-15
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately, Elway's seat does not get hot-- that is the problem. He gets by with excessive and chronic poor decisions because he's Elway. Until that stops, everyone below is just a scapegoat.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            VJ should be gone after today's debacle, but he won't. I think a drubbing at home next week may be the final straw though. I mean this guy was within spitting distance of being fired after last season, I would have to imagine he was on a pretty short leash going in to this season. It's one thing to go on the road and get embarrassed, but if they follow it up with a spanking in Denver, it "should" be the end.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              Unfortunately, Elway's seat does not get hot-- that is the problem. He gets by with excessive and chronic poor decisions because he's Elway. Until that stops, everyone below is just a scapegoat.
              When enough ppl in Denver stand up and express a statement of displeasure with Elway, that is when Elis will feel comfortable enough making a decision against him.

              That is why it is important for ppl to stop giving him a free pass. Hold him accountable, yes I loved him as the great comeback kid/ Denver Broncos QB but enough is enough and ppl need to accept that he is more detrimental now than he is good and the dismissal of Wade and Hiring of VJ is testament enough!

              Comment


              • #8
                Being that Elway is higher on the organizational ladder, I'd say VJ's seat is significantly hotter. Elway has brought plenty of good as GM along with the bad, but VJ has maybe 1 or 2 games where his coaching had a positive impact since he arrived compared to the many he's helped lose. On top of that, Elway's legendary playing career gives him a much stronger hold on his current position, for better or worse.

                In summary, Vance Joseph's seat should be the hottest in the league right now IMO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  When enough ppl in Denver stand up and express a statement of displeasure with Elway, that is when Elis will feel comfortable enough making a decision against him.

                  That is why it is important for ppl to stop giving him a free pass. Hold him accountable, yes I loved him as the great comeback kid/ Denver Broncos QB but enough is enough and ppl need to accept that he is more detrimental now than he is good and the dismissal of Wade and Hiring of VJ is testament enough!
                  Ellis is a part-timer until Mr. B's successor is named (the irony is that he gets to name them) and therefore I highly doubt he will make any changes. Why would he? That would make him the stand-in that got rid of Elway? Not happening!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Unfortunately, Elway's seat does not get hot-- that is the problem. He gets by with excessive and chronic poor decisions because he's Elway. Until that stops, everyone below is just a scapegoat.
                    Well, Elway should never have gone the Keenum route....imo, but this last draft was a very nice draft. Imo, he has done a decent job bringing in good enough players to win with. Just like Vance said today...coaches coach and players play. They are obviously not being put in the right situations to make the right plays at the right time.

                    Elway can take the proper step and make a trade for another corner because our secondary is awful at the moment. I have to admit I thought Roby was ready to take a step up but he is clearly a slot corner and a slot corner only.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      Ellis is a part-timer until Mr. B's successor is named (the irony is that he gets to name them) and therefore I highly doubt he will make any changes. Why would he? That would make him the stand-in that got rid of Elway? Not happening!
                      I know and it sux but how’s this for a statement
                      screen cap
                      Between Wolfe, CHJ & Von Miller’s performance it almost sounds as if they are saying something. God forbid any of them are dealt the way Talib was no matter if it’s directed at VJ, Musgraves offense or someone else.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There is an article on MHR where Derek Wolfe has profoundly vocalized his frustration.

                        https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...ek-wolfe-angry

                        To me, it seems the mutiny has set in.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          VJ's seat is very hot right now.

                          Water freezes at 32* f and boils at 212* f.

                          I think VJ's seat is currently at 105*f... that temperature that is very hot for the hot tub. You notice it immediately. You can hang in and bathe a while but it's tough to go more than 20 minutes.

                          Elway is at a comfortable 96*f, you can bathe in that.

                          ---

                          This is coming from a fan who's gone from, "why in the heck was VJ not canned? Next season we are doomed." To... "Keeping VJ around was the right move." To....

                          Did we seriously just get caught with our pants down against the 1-3 Jets with our season on the line? That performance was totally unacceptable. We are not a competitive team. There is wayyyy too much talent on this roster to play like that. Many coaches are doing a lot more with a lot less.

                          However, I don't see the point of firing VJ mid season. It looks really bad for the organization and we become a dumpster fire. Also- who's going to come in and do better? Nobody... Nobody can come in and do better without having the time to implement their scheme/strategy. I have never known a team to do that? Don't teams always promote from within? What's the point?

                          We've got to stick it out with VJ till the end of the season and go with the clean break, try again. Elway's direction.

                          *** Edit ***

                          I have vocalized my opinion that the "fire Elway" stuff is in my mind crazy. One of the greatest criticisms has been our inability to consistently draft quality. So, is it really time to can Elway when by all indications he's had his most successful draft class? The rookies are the best players on the roster right now. That includes Josey Jewell... it'd be crazy to can Elway when it looks like he's had such a dramatic improvement in his drafting.
                          Last edited by Zealander; 10-07-2018, 06:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Well, Elway should never have gone the Keenum route....imo, but this last draft was a very nice draft. Imo, he has done a decent job bringing in good enough players to win with. Just like Vance said today...coaches coach and players play. They are obviously not being put in the right situations to make the right plays at the right time.

                            Elway can take the proper step and make a trade for another corner because our secondary is awful at the moment. I have to admit I thought Roby was ready to take a step up but he is clearly a slot corner and a slot corner only.
                            Ain’t that amazing, Roby was targeted and picked on by a rookie QB all day.

                            A rookie QB (a jets rookie QB) realized Roby wasn’t good enough and continuously attacked him, so why couldn’t our FO realize this when they decided Talib was making far too much as a top 5 corner???

                            As far as the 2018 draft class goes, who do you think is responsible for find the talent there? I want to say Kubiak but I keep hearing whispers that VJ has an eye for talent and was consulted during this draft!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I liked this from an Article also in MHR:

                              https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-losers-week-5

                              It lists winners and losers and notes Elway as one of the losers:

                              John Elway

                              It’s been said that Denver’s legend has no Plan B. Never has that been more true since Peyton Manning retired. It’s clear at this point that Elway has no clue what he’s doing. And his franchise just shamed itself by being annihilated by a bad team that has a franchise quarterback. Whoops.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X