How hot is VJ’s seat and by extension Elway’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I dont think anyone is giving him all the credit, but you cant sit there and not give him any. He orchestrated those teams, that's what a GM does
    Where did I not give him credit for 2015?

I’ve been saying all along that he deserves a ton of the credit but I’ve also been saying that that is past how long are we going to dwell on 2015?

The same could be said for Shanahan in 97 and 98 yet we still fired him after he screwed everything up.

You can argue all you want but you ain’t going to change my view point on this and that is that John Elway is way out of line with his ridiculous decision making the last few years and he should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      Elway's seat is not hot in spite of what most of you think. There are a lot of variables to putting together a successful team. Elway got us Peyton and 2 SB appearances and one SB win, so he's not getting fires 2.5 years removed from that. Teams usually suck hopelessly before they dump the GM.

As far as VJ, any one of us could step into VJ's position and try our hardest to do & say the right things but it still comes down to someone else doing their job. If they don't, getting a new HC doesn't necessarily fix the root cause of the problem.

Every team goes through cycles, it seems like Broncos Country never sees that we need to dump players and coaches and rebuild especially after successful years, that time varies but it is never quick enough for the fans. Broncos Country literally expects to be in the SB or deep into the playoffs every year. OCs and DCs are usually the first coaches to get dumped, and in our case if they have little experience the decision is easier. After that, it is about managing contracts with the given NFL salary cap.

I know these games are frustrating, it really sucks for vets in their last years but that is the reality of it.
      Ok ok let’s give Elway credit
      Credit for these decisions AFTER super bowl 50!
      upload image
      Ya he won super bowl 50 but Shanahan won Super Bowls xxxii & xxxiii But does that mean we should continue to give him credit even after he benched Plummer for Cutler?

Or perhaps we should give him credit for cutting Atwater in favor of dale carter or drafting Marcus Nash and Paul Tovessi or I know the decision to part ways with Shannon Sharpe in favor of Byron belly up to the burger bar Chamberlain!

Are those decisions justified?

If you think not, then how can cutting Talib and signing Tremaine Brock be justified or drafting Bolles over Ramczyk any different?
      But oh no let’s go back to stating he won super bowl 50.... how many years does one spend peeing on the toilet before they figure it out? Get a clue already because your eyes won’t lie to you so stop lying to yourself!
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-07-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Where did I not give him credit for 2015?

I’ve been saying all along that he deserves a ton of the credit but I’ve also been saying that that is past how long are we going to dwell on 2015?

The same could be said for Shanahan in 97 and 98 yet we still fired him after he screwed everything up.

You can argue all you want but you ain’t going to change my view point on this and that is that John Elway is way out of line with his ridiculous decision making the last few years and he should be held accountable.
        Well, I know my reference towards ozzie Newsome wasn't asked at you earlier but I'll use it anyway. His record as a GM his 1st 5 years with the team was 29-40 starting in 95. He helped win a championship in 2000 and then not again until 2012. From 95 to today he has 8 losing seasons and 4 at .500. Yet he is considered a hall of Famer.

Elways 1st 5 years at the position is 58-22 and has 7 years under his belt with only 1 losing season and 2 super bowl appearances with one win. Why would we want him to step down? No GM is going to bat 100%, they all will make mistakes along the way but so far he has done a better job than one of the best all time.

Comment

Don't worry. We're going to get shalacked by the Rams. Betcha they can't wait to get to Mile High. They're licking their chops!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Ok ok let’s give Elway credit
            Credit for these decisions AFTER super bowl 50!
            upload image
            !
            They wanted Mayfield or Darnold. Both were gone. Also, we have Chad Kelly who has a lot of upside. Keenum is a stop gap surrounded by bad coaching.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              Well, I know my reference towards ozzie Newsome wasn't asked at you earlier but I'll use it anyway. His record as a GM his 1st 5 years with the team was 29-40 starting in 95. He helped win a championship in 2000 and then not again until 2012. From 95 to today he has 8 losing seasons and 4 at .500. Yet he is considered a hall of Famer.
              I don’t consider newsome a HOF GM, he had Lewis and Reed carrying that team for years.
              Plus they are not the broncos therefore there is a difference. We hold everyone involved to differentiate standards here in Denver!

Originally posted by jvdub95
              Elways 1st 5 years at the position is 58-22 and has 7 years under his belt with only 1 losing season and 2 super bowl appearances with one win. Why would we want him to step down? No GM is going to bat 100%, they all will make mistakes along the way but so far he has done a better job than one of the best all time.
              You can thank Von Miller, Champ Bailey, Elvis Dumervil, Brandon Stokley, DT, Wes Welker and yes even Peyton Manning for such a high winning percentage.

Peyton is responsible for winning so many but yes I know John Brought him here so by the same token should we credit Edgar Kaiser and Dan Reeves for both super xxxii & xxxiii Victories? I mean they did bring John here???

Nobody expected John to bat 100% but John has in fact drafted bad players and parted ways with great coaches and players when he didn’t have to. He could’ve found a way to keep Talib, he could’ve attempted to resign Malik Jackson before the offseason, he forced out Wade because VJ didn’t feel comfortable coaching with him on board but preferred Joe Woods.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-07-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I feel sorry for VJ, he has been coaching a team for the last two seasons with no Quarterback and a OC this year that has a running back that averaged 8.5 and stopped running the ball on Monday night. And then stopped running the ball today after the first drive. And the "D" can't do the same thing that they did with Wade because we don't have anywhere near the talent of that 2015 team.

Comment

Working...
                X