X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfe, "Something deeper is going on here"

Why not? More fuel to the fire;

Per Nicki,

I am okay with this. Derek has always been one of our nasty players, the kind you need on a defense. Took a home town discount to ride for the orange and blue.

It is what it is...
    Last edited by Peanut; 10-07-2018, 08:00 PM. Reason: Language in link

By deeper he means

Our coaching sucks
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I'll say this while this thread is open, which I don't suspect will be very long.

I love Derek Wolfe and his passion. But for a player who has been injury-plagued and not playing up to par for the last couple of years, I really think he needs to evaluate his own performance before pointing the finger at others within the organization.
      sigpic

Comment

The only thing going on is that DEN is arguably 1 of the worst 5 football teams in the NFL right now. No LT, QB, TE, 2nd ILB and 2nd CB, no SS, and the HC and both Coords will gone soon enough. Other than a top 5 pick coming... not much to look forward to.

Comment

he's referring to the lack of belief in the coaching staff by players in all phases and positions. To me it seems pretty clear.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            he's referring to the lack of belief in the coaching staff by players in all phases and positions. To me it seems pretty clear.
            Absolutely!!! That's the way I took it too, he just cant come right out and say it!

Comment

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
              Absolutely!!! That's the way I took it too, he just cant come right out and say it!
              Seems like he kind of did come right out and say it. It needed to be said. I am glad someone within did.
              sigpic

Comment

You want to blame the KC loss, for the reason the team quit on the coaches, but you saw it in BAL too.

The odd thing is, in both BaL and NYJ, the Broncos jumped out to early leads... they should’ve believed they had a good chance to win... so where was the fire and drive and determination from the players?

We haven’t won a Sunday road game since Paxton Lynch came in to rescue the JAX game...

I understand WC teams struggle in early EC games... I realize VJ is 1-9 on the road (8 blowouts) and 0-5 on the road in early starts... but can the players at least try and display some professionalism?

We keep running coaches out of town, every year, making them scapegoats... but where are the draft picks between Miller and Chubb? Time to start calling out players and dumping the dead weight... Bolles, Ray, Roby and the rest are who need to go.

Take this year’s draft class and build from there. Maybe we trade Von for a a package of picks. It all stars with getting a real HC and a legit QB.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  You want to blame the KC loss, for the reason the team quit on the coaches, but you saw it in BAL too.

The odd thing is, in both BaL and NYJ, the Broncos jumped out to early leads... they should’ve believed they had a good chance to win... so where was the fire and drive and determination from the players?

We haven’t won a Sunday road game since Paxton Lynch came in to rescue the JAX game...

I understand WC teams struggle in early EC games... I realize VJ is 1-9 on the road (8 blowouts) and 0-5 on the road in early starts... but can the players at least try and display some professionalism?

We keep running coaches out of town, every year, making them scapegoats... but where are the draft picks between Miller and Chubb? Time to start calling out players and dumping the dead weight... Bolles, Ray, Roby and the rest are who need to go.

Take this year’s draft class and build from there. Maybe we trade Von for a a package of picks. It all stars with getting a real HC and a legit QB.
                  i agree with this because if players really are quitting on the team, then perhaps some of them need to go...

last time i checked the players make a hell of a lot more money than the coaches do, so how about go out there & earn your dam paycheck!
                  sigpic

Comment

format D: /u /s

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      I'll say this while this thread is open, which I don't suspect will be very long.

I love Derek Wolfe and his passion. But for a player who has been injury-plagued and not playing up to par for the last couple of years, I really think he needs to evaluate his own performance before pointing the finger at others within the organization.
                      Right. Wolfe was double-teamed on Crowell’s second long run. Wolfe consumed two lineman and Chubb set the edge. With Crowell forced inside all Stewart needed to do was make the tackle. But he failed to make a tackle. How is that on Wolfe?

Comment

I have an honest question on what Wolfe said. Does a good coordinator consult with the veteran players on scheme and game plan? I mean doesn’t the OC consult with the veteran QB on what he thinks will work. I wonder if the veterans are not liking the dc schemes or the calls or positions they are told to set up in. I would think these guys have been playing this game long enough they know what a good game plan is or isn’t. If Wolfe is frustrated I could see it.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

I would typically agree, and I think Derek wouldn’t have said this publicly if the team is winning. But, I think this is indicative of a deeper problem within the locker room. First you had Harris, now this. There is a problem in the locker room. And I feel VJ has worn his stay with a portion of the team.

Comment

Normally, I’m old school in that players play and coaches coach, just like VJ said. And when I hear players complaining, it makes me think less of them. But for me, this is different. This is two of your team’s leaders. Players who have taken discounts to stay with the team that put their faith in them by drafting them and signing them. We are talking about Chris Harris and Derek Wolfe, easily two of the most unselfish players on this team. If they are complaining?

Something is wrong and it needs to be fixed. Those men aren’t whiners.
                            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              The only thing going on is that DEN is arguably 1 of the worst 5 football teams in the NFL right now. No LT, QB, TE, 2nd ILB and 2nd CB, no SS, and the HC and both Coords will gone soon enough. Other than a top 5 pick coming... not much to look forward to.
                              Many of us on these boards predicted another top 10 draft pick with VJ at the helm.

It was hope smoke while wearing Orange Colored glasses to think otherwise.

The only positive thing is how we have some how developed our run game. Even this shows me the coaches are thick as they still think we should pass the ball a lot. Against KC before we lost the lead for good we were passing twice as much as running. I know the Jets game we lost the lead fast but going into this week we were 3rd in yards per game rushing even tho were not not in top 10 in rush attempts per game.

Thick coaches. HC, DC and OC all need to go.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X