Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/159...user%3A9808670

Dave Logan looks at what could happen this week
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      https://www.spreaker.com/episode/159...user%3A9808670

Dave Logan looks at what could happen this week
      I think Woods will be fired, I think at this point we are trying to at least make it past TNF with him. This gives the new guy 10 days to prep. However, after the business we are going to get against the rams, it could be sooner.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I deleted the link and words in post #30. Even though it's a quote from a player, it is still against the CoC (yes, Wolfe would have gotten IPed ). We had the same situation with McD (I would have loved to have IPed him).

If you want to see the actual article, it came from larrybrownsports.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          I can't post the comments without the profanity. Interpret it as you will. He's clearly talking about the coaching to me.
          I'm not sure he was talking about the coaching staff or just their game plan/scheme. I thought the talent comment was meant to imply people weren't being used properly. I don't think he should have said that publicly, but at this point, it's not really much of a secret

Comment

Why is Derek Wolfe talking, or thinking he has the right to talk after his performance against the Jets ? Just like Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe is stuck in this mentality where he still thinks he is performing at a high level, he isn't. I went back and watched every Derek Wolfe snap specifically after I heard these comments to see if he is warranted in blaming, or passing the blame along to someone or something else, he isn't.

Derek Wolfe is a solid player, but he generates zero pass rush, he constantly gets washed out of plays because his leverage is bad, and the guy who subs him, Zach Kerr, looks like an upgrade when he is out there, and honestly Kerr looks like our best defensive lineman when he is on the field. Derek Wolfe registered a sack against the Jets, he was unblocked, he wasn't even touched, I could of made the play, but outside of that, he isn't a difference maker at all, he is just a guy. Derek is one of many veteran defensive players on this team not earning the pay check they receive.

Comment

Meh.. I am not going to get outraged because a player said what actually he thinks.... Or at least alluded to what he thinks.

The Broncos are a dysfunctional organization... locker room drama happens when a team is a flaming dumpster dive. We all know.. at least most of us know where the issues are. I honestly do not see how anyone can defend the coaching at this point... and if we as fans are frustrated and emotional about the mess the Broncos have become.. imagine being a player. Sure they should all look in the mirror and try to see how they can make it better but, sometimes people just get upset and words come out. Big deal.

I was one who felt the Broncos never should have hired VJ to begin with and I was pretty vocal about it. I warmed up to it and gave the guy a chance but, about mid season last year, I was pretty much done with him. I was so bummed when he was not fired after last season.. and I even predicted this would happen.... that the Broncos would struggle again this year. Honestly though, I did not expect things to get this bad, this soon in the season... geeze it is only week 6 coming up!! What a dang mess!! It is very clear that many of the players have little respect and no faith in the coaching. These players see everything going on behind the scenes.. my guess is VJ is probably even more clueless than what we as outside observers even see and realize.
              My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                Meh.. I am not going to get outraged because a player said what actually he thinks.... Or at least alluded to what he thinks.

The Broncos are a dysfunctional organization... locker room drama happens when a team is a flaming dumpster dive. We all know.. at least most of us know where the issues are. I honestly do not see how anyone can defend the coaching at this point... and if we as fans are frustrated and emotional about the mess the Broncos have become.. imagine being a player. Sure they should all look in the mirror and try to see how they can make it better but, sometimes people just get upset and words come out. Big deal.

I was one who felt the Broncos never should have hired VJ to begin with and I was pretty vocal about it. I warmed up to it and gave the guy a chance but, about mid season last year, I was pretty much done with him. I was so bummed when he was not fired after last season.. and I even predicted this would happen.... that the Broncos would struggle again this year. Honestly though, I did not expect things to get this bad, this soon in the season... geeze it is only week 6 coming up!! What a dang mess!! It is very clear that many of the players have little respect and no faith in the coaching. These players see everything going on behind the scenes.. my guess is VJ is probably even more clueless than what we as outside observers even see and realize.
                You KansasKrista have quite a flair for the dramatic. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  Why is Derek Wolfe talking, or thinking he has the right to talk after his performance against the Jets ? Just like Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe is stuck in this mentality where he still thinks he is performing at a high level, he isn't. I went back and watched every Derek Wolfe snap specifically after I heard these comments to see if he is warranted in blaming, or passing the blame along to someone or something else, he isn't.

Derek Wolfe is a solid player, but he generates zero pass rush, he constantly gets washed out of plays because his leverage is bad, and the guy who subs him, Zach Kerr, looks like an upgrade when he is out there, and honestly Kerr looks like our best defensive lineman when he is on the field. Derek Wolfe registered a sack against the Jets, he was unblocked, he wasn't even touched, I could of made the play, but outside of that, he isn't a difference maker at all, he is just a guy. Derek is one of many veteran defensive players on this team not earning the pay check they receive.
                  He benefitted from Malik Jackson wreaking havoc up the middle with the edge rushers taking away the outside. Wolfe was the clean up guy. Him and Gotsis are pretty much clones of each other unfortunately. They really need to see what they have in Walker, he looked pretty good in the game against theChiefs last season.

Comment

I don't think Wolfe really knows what he meant ...... it's what he say sort of. There's no secret underlying message. The message is the players aren't playing well enough right now and he doesn't know why
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                      You KansasKrista have quite a flair for the dramatic. Nice
                      I can always be counted on to bring a whole lot of "Sunset Boulevard" to any occasion. lol I do not think you meant this as a compliment but, that is okay... even washed up high school drama leads as myself need their day in the sun! haha.
                      My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Someone earlier had posted the tweet from Wolfe and it had to be deleted because of language. To be able to keep this thread open, I deleted the link in the first post. If you didn't see it, you can always do a search.

Thanks for understanding.
                        I think that was me. I am sorry, I was not sure what to do there. I did not see a way around it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                          I can always be counted on to bring a whole lot of "Sunset Boulevard" to any occasion. lol I do not think you meant this as a compliment but, that is okay... even washed up high school drama leads as myself need their day in the sun! haha.
                          No... See? Sounds like fun in the waking world why not the digital too? Not even the screen can hide the performer. If we are going to hot take around here we should add some color, some vibrance, some flavor to the approach. Watch and learn boys.

I had to chuckle in agreement with the the presentation but of content. Hard hitting as it is.
                          Last edited by Zealander; 10-08-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            So take Von Miller, who has been here each year Wolfe has and has experienced the same losses as well as multiple double teams. His response to the loss today was to put the loss squarely on his shoulders and say HE needs to play better, besides making innuendos like Wolfe did. And Miller has definitely been playing at a higher level than Wolfe and would also be in a position to complain without repercussions.

One takes the high road and takes responsibility for his own play, while the other curses and blames others. That's what I'm getting at.
                            I get that, but in this case I disagree. Maybe that's just not who Von is, be he needs to be more vocal. With Ward and Talib gone, I don't really see a guy who's a "dawg" on that defense. Wolfe is the closest thing I see. When games like this happens, there's got to be someone who speaks up, calls guys out (inside and outside of the locker room). Von is visually frustrated. He didn't even celebrate after the INT. He just walked off.

I think the something deeper Wolfe was talking about is the defense that is fed up with the defensive schemes and playcalling. Our schemes have been horrible. I don't usually look to blame coaches, but this case, it's bad. We've been seeing it all year. Our secondary is shaky at times, but it's not horrible. Carr picked our soft coverage apart, but looks like one of the worst in the league vs everyone else. Flacco did some of the same things. I'm consistenly seeing Chubb dropping in coverage...the guy we drafted to team up with Von to sack QBs. Tackling has been an issue, but it starts with schemes and we have a bad one. Do we blitz anymore????

I think they've had enough of Joe Woods and probably even VJ. I'm tired of the clueless looks from VJ and the same press conferences saying things are going to change. They both need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              The only thing going on is that DEN is arguably 1 of the worst 5 football teams in the NFL right now. No LT, QB, TE, 2nd ILB and 2nd CB, no SS, and the HC and both Coords will gone soon enough. Other than a top 5 pick coming... not much to look forward to.
                              Only the Patriots and the Eagles have won a Lombardi since we did...I like Wolfe's passion and hope it fires this team up.

Considering that I wait most of the year for football season, I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks.

A word from Elway is in order though.
                              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                The only thing going on is that DEN is arguably 1 of the worst 5 football teams in the NFL right now. No LT, QB, TE, 2nd ILB and 2nd CB, no SS, and the HC and both Coords will gone soon enough. Other than a top 5 pick coming... not much to look forward to.
                                Who’s the 1st ILB? Please don’t say Marshall, he is beyond garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X