Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindsey is amazing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I was wondering if we were going to resign him???

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      I was wondering if we were going to resign him???
      I like Lindsay but I’m not so sure they will anymore. He’s struggles with health as people predicted for his size and when the line isn’t blocking well he can’t get it done. The team seemed to really favor Gordon more.

      Lindsay is still easily our second best option at the position right now though. And you need more than 1.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

        I like Lindsay but I’m not so sure they will anymore. He’s struggles with health as people predicted for his size and when the line isn’t blocking well he can’t get it done. The team seemed to really favor Gordon more.

        Lindsay is still easily our second best option at the position right now though. And you need more than 1.
        Really stinks the guy isn't a bit bigger. Could you imagine what Juwuan James would be like if he had Lindsay's heart and drive? Personally, I wish they could find more use for Phillip. Maybe special teams as a returner, or are his hands so bad he couldn't do that? His drive and heart is really valuable in the NFL. Unfortunately, his susceptibility to injury and limited use overshadows that.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

          I like Lindsay but I’m not so sure they will anymore. He’s struggles with health as people predicted for his size and when the line isn’t blocking well he can’t get it done. The team seemed to really favor Gordon more.

          Lindsay is still easily our second best option at the position right now though. And you need more than 1.
          I disagree with him not getting it done when the line is struggling. Lindsay may not be a big power back but he does manipulate defenders very well into arm tackles that he can run through. The problem this season was the turf toe or whatever that he had. After that he just wasn’t able to cut as effectively and it really eliminated his ability to set up his blocks. Lindsay makes the line look much better than it is because he understands leverage and is patient in setting up defenders to run into his blockers.

          Gordon kind of does it sometimes but he definitely is more willing to rely on his ability to break tackles to make something happen. Gordon is better in pass pro albeit only due to his size, Lindsay gives it his all, he just can’t stonewall guys running full speed that are 30-60 pounds heavier. Gordon is definitely the more natural receiver though.

          All in all they’re a great tandem and the injury plagued season should drive his price down. We should definitely try to get him locked down now before he makes it a whole season healthy and puts up another 1000 yard season.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

            I disagree with him not getting it done when the line is struggling....

            All in all they’re a great tandem and the injury plagued season should drive his price down. We should definitely try to get him locked down now before he makes it a whole season healthy and puts up another 1000 yard season.
            Total yards mean little, especially if they're garbage yards. Rushing percentage for 1st down conversions is one thing that counts, as does rushing TD's. Denver was near the bottom of the league for both. It's those tough yards that are needed.

            Comment


            • #21
              As others have said, he's Taz - and it suits him perfectly. He's dynamic and when in full flow, unstoppable.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                Total yards mean little, especially if they're garbage yards. Rushing percentage for 1st down conversions is one thing that counts, as does rushing TD's. Denver was near the bottom of the league for both. It's those tough yards that are needed.
                1-3 yards to go he was 27/30 his rookie year and 21/28 in year 2 and 7/12 this year. Overall 55/70 (45 first downs and 10 TDs. That’s a 79% conversion rate in tough short yardage situations. Gordon was 23/28 (16 first downs and 7 TDs) with 1-3 yards to go this past season and overall on his career he’s at 76%. Henry on his career is at 85%, Zeke is at 83%, Nick Chubb is at 70%, Barkley is at 69%, Cook is at 76%.

                I’d say Lindsay is more than comparable to the top RBs at being able to convert tough yardage situations. The problem is when we try to get too cute in those situations, not Lindsay himself.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Not to be a goofus, but his name is Lindsay. Everything else is good!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Not to be a goofus, but his name is Lindsay. Everything else is good!
                    I think Lindsey is better

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                      1-3 yards to go he was 27/30 his rookie year and 21/28 in year 2 and 7/12 this year. Overall 55/70 (45 first downs and 10 TDs. That’s a 79% conversion rate in tough short yardage situations. Gordon was 23/28 (16 first downs and 7 TDs) with 1-3 yards to go this past season and overall on his career he’s at 76%. Henry on his career is at 85%, Zeke is at 83%, Nick Chubb is at 70%, Barkley is at 69%, Cook is at 76%.

                      I’d say Lindsay is more than comparable to the top RBs at being able to convert tough yardage situations. The problem is when we try to get too cute in those situations, not Lindsay himself.
                      Good points. No doubt Lindsay was knocking it out his first year and still doing decent his 2nd year. One thing still must be considered is where those stats are generated. With the Broncos having a poor offense each year, defense against it may likely be different than if the Broncos were a top 15 offense and team.
                      Regardless, Lindsay really dropped off this past year. I'm sure his health and Shurmur has something to do with it. But, Lindsay was never an all-around RB. And, with the garbage QB play the Broncos have, they could sure use a solid run game. I'd like to see Lindsay stay, but I think he's more of a gadget guy, and since he is pretty small, his blocking and durability are questionable.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X