No announcement yet.

No shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is sad and embarrassing. Never in a million years would I even believe what I’m seeing. Thousands of no shows at a Denver Bronco game? When I was a young kid I used to dream of going to a Bronco game but my mom could never afford to because of ticket availability. And to top it off I just read that Elway is choosing to stay the course with this clown Vance Joseph and how Elway feels better about where we are as a team this season compared to last season. What the hell is going on with John Elway?!
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Sad but true - this season is all but over. FiveThirtyEight gives us a 2% chance to make the playoffs as a wildcard. There are lots of teams ahead of us in the wildcard race. We would have to go 7-0 the rest of the season or 6-1 and get very lucky.

Sadly, it’s time to prepare for next year.

Comment

Wow. I am not only sad about the state of our team but the way Elway is handling all this is shocking. I guess I never expected him to be GM of the year or anything, ex-players are seldom great managers, but they at least should have outstanding locker room sense. I don't have an explanation for why he hired VJ or any of the other staff positions as we can only guess. But we can also be shocked, and I was and am.

Comment

I'll be honest, the only reason we went on Sunday is that we had friends recently move to the area and they wanted to goto a game this year. This one was the salute to service game and we wanted to show them what a fly over is like at the stadium. If they hadn't still wanted to go, I would have given up the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
            I'll be honest, the only reason we went on Sunday is that we had friends recently move to the area and they wanted to goto a game this year. This one was the salute to service game and we wanted to show them what a fly over is like at the stadium. If they hadn't still wanted to go, I would have given up the seats.
            Nice of you to take your friends to the game. Back when Orton was the QB we were in Colorado visiting family and went to see the Broncos vs Chargers. I’m not sure how many seats were empty but seemed like thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
              I thought that they announced in the stadium that it was 9,000
              Think you were thinking of the Rams game

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...ost-since-2010

Most no shows since 2010.

Elway came here with one of the purposes being to bring the Broncos and their fans back together.

He is starting to lose on this objective.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Does a lot of it have to do with brokers buying up the tickets and triple charging the fans for them? Most years when the team is good desperate fans will pay it, now fans arent going to pay $200 for a nosebleed seat. Brokering should be illegal, but Elway needs to put good product on the field as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  Does a lot of it have to do with brokers buying up the tickets and triple charging the fans for them? Most years when the team is good desperate fans will pay it, now fans arent going to pay $200 for a nosebleed seat. Brokering should be illegal, but Elway needs to put good product on the field as well.
                  It is part of the buisness I suppose.

Do find it odd the Broncos will cancel season tickets for other reasons but not do much about the subject u mentioned

Imo Brokering is also why so many fans from other teams end up at games
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Anyone remember the numbers Orton lost? Wasn't it 12k....cant remember

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                      This could be on the coach who wants to play "ice the kicker" but I think it's a sign of something bigger. Football isn't over, but there are many signs peoples tastes are changing. And I don't think for a minute this is about Kaepernick. It's more about practicality and sustainability. Harleys are going away because they are not practical or sustainable. Moms are watching the carnage on the field and I do think that is a huge dilemma for the sport. Make it really safe and it becomes unwatchable. The only reason small college football remains is to put male butts in the classrooms with increasingly female enrollments. The guys want to play or they might not go to college at all. The girls don't give a hoot about the sport but they don't want to go to an all girl college. Bama and LSU are probably good for awhile, but more progressive areas (Denver) have other entertainments that compete.
                      Well, if we accept your premise we're bound to see a transgender hoopball tournament in the near future. The score will never be announced as it would be devastating to the "progressives" in Denver.
                      Give me a break. The Broncos aren't guaranteed to stay in Denver but if they don't it will because of the number of milktoasts not supporting the team and they would move to greener pastures. I'm sure Cheyenne would welcome the Broncos.
                      And, by the way, attendance and TV ratings are up this year. The Broncos are just having a down year with an head coach who is less than inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                        Yes this is my take aswell.People making out the Broncos lose huge money out of 9000 no shows but all seats are pre sold allocated to season ticket holders.....Correct? So the financial loss would only be minimal like at game purchases like food.drinks clothes etc....?Yes.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                          Yes this is my take aswell.People making out the Broncos lose huge money out of 9000 no shows but all seats are pre sold allocated to season ticket holders.....Correct? So the financial loss would only be minimal like at game purchases like food.drinks clothes etc....?Yes.Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                          Do not think it is a revenue thing...or least it should not be. Ticket sales is a very small portion of team's income.

The Packers get twice as much money from "national" revenue vs "local". The local includes a lot of things but I was not able to see an exact breakdown in 5 mins of searching.

Empty seats is probably more of a "goodwill" thing if one wants to consider this in financial terms. It is more perception on a team that boasts having full stadium year after year.

Eventually it will trickle down into lower ticket prices as the demand is lowering.

Not sure if the Broncos care more about lower demand or empty seats but both are an area of concerns when evaluating business concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                            It doesn't affect this season, but could affect the next if the interest is gone. It's also an embarrassment to the organization when the home games are empty.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              This will ultimately play a factor on wether VJ is fired sooner than later but I’ll say it again, what eventually will be done, should be done as soon as possible!

It’s no secret that McVay was a Coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

It’s no secret that Kyle Shanahan was a coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

Elway chose a guy that was a very bad defensive coordinator for one year.
                              Why he made this choice I don’t know, but
                              forget the optics already.
                              Elway went on record saying “he had to sleep on it”. His decision wether to retain VJ after last season.

There’s no right way to do something wrong. He retained him because he felt the optics were wrong and forced not only broncos country but Von, Wolfe, Harris to go through this again for another year.

He went against his gut, he burn yet another year in favor of optics. He did it once before with Fox after super bowl 48 and now Joseph.

He’s wasted two years because of optics against his gut and it’s unfair to these players and the ppl spending money even the 40 year old adolescence with the Elway posters in their moms basement!

Come on Elway do what’s right!
                              You trust Elway's gut? His gut got us Osweiler when we could have had Cousins or Wilson, Lynch when we could have had Dak or a first round talent at another position, and his gut got us VJ in the first place. Not for a second do I think he'll pick the right head coach the next time around. He's passed on some really good ones already.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Real fans watch their team, if they don't want to come to the games, then they can stay home.

Comment

Working...
                                X