Will Von be back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
    With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

Any predictions?

You saw what happened to the Raiders when mack was traded. The locker room folded. I don't see Elway even taking a risk. Von is a stud and he makes others better. I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
      With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

Any predictions?
      Never!!!! Von is like Elway's first born child. As long as Elway is control Von will be on this team.
      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
        I'll gladly say it again. Some of you are severely underestimating the talent this team has outside of a couple of key positions. A better coach alone and we could be sitting at 6-3. A lot of close games with headscratchers in terms of play calls, challenges and zero discipline. A good coach will fix that.
        QFT!!!

I had hopes for VJ at one point in the season, felt like the players were fighting for him etc. But after the moronic coaching performance in the last game I can't see him leave fast enough. O-line, CB and a TE puts us in contention. :lombardi:
        [sigpic

Comment

If Chubb continues to improve, Von could be better next year. We aren't far away. We have a lot of talent in key areas. OL and CB to me are the major areas of need. Bolles was the biggest whiff apart from Lynch. Habaugh would attract quality FA's. Joseph would go out and gladly sign guys like Jahvid Best or give Tatum Bell a buzz...
          www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            QFT!!!

I had hopes for VJ at one point in the season, felt like the players were fighting for him etc. But after the moronic coaching performance in the last game I can't see him leave fast enough. O-line, CB and a TE puts us in contention. :lombardi:
            Wolfe will be gone if Joseph stays. His public comments are aimed directly at Joseph but Wolfe may be gone anyway.

No more haircuts Derek and I have your jersey dude! I went all the way to the Broncos team store (from Australia) at the stadium to get it made.
            www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Did Jon Gruden start this thread???
              Jon wants Von, that's why he's been stockpiling all of those 1st round picks.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

I think Miller will return next year unless Elway feels Chubb can replicate
                Von's production next year and Denver can obtain a franchise QB.

Elway’s blueprint for building a Broncos winner (most important position):

1. Quarterback: Keenum, ?
                2. Edge pass rusher: Miller, Chubb, Holland, ?
                3. Left offensive tackle: Bolles,?
                4. Cover cornerbacks: Harris Jr., Yiadom, ?, ?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...s-winner/9320/

Comment

There is one area that Elway has been lacking in, and that is arguably the most important area in the game. I don't care who is under center or in the backfield, if the O-line is not doing their jobs. Just about every negative play is a result of the o-line; Rather it be a sack, tackle for lose, int or just a stupid penalty that sets you back 10 yards. Most of them are a result of the O-line not doing their jobs. The question becomes; How do we fix the line? May be as simple as a coaching change, players need to be held accountable! They get a penalty in a game, they can run some penalty laps the next day in practice or something. The point is; It does no good to reward good players if we don't punish the bad. What do you think Belichet would do if his O-line was constantly getting flagged? There would be some form of discipline involved. I can't believe all our players on the line are bad, Must be a common denominator involved.

Vance had failed to show any ability to create a funcional game plan, and there seems to be very little accountability. Maybe the O-line coach needs to run penalty laps with the players. Accountability must be on all levels! It has to start with Vance. He must hold himself accountable before he can hold others. He should run with them. It is after all a team. If coaches seperate themselves from the players, Can they really call themselves a team? Can you really punish a player without some penance for the coach that coached him?

Maybe this thread should be read by Vance. Criticism can only help. Not all of us are ready to fire Vance, but we do need to see improvement. I personally would rather Vance put it together than to go back to square one with the coaching staff. The players like him, but maybe that is the problem. He is there to push the players beyond comfort zones, and nobody likes that, but it is the only way to grow. As infants we are comfortable crawling on the floor. it is our parents that pushed us to walk. Lord knows we did not always like our parents, but we loved them for making us grow. Everyone comes into the NFL with talent, but it is not until they have grown that they start to make an impact. So far we have not seen much growth.
                  sigpic

Comment

A better coach and QB would do wonders. A rebuild is hardly necessary here.

I'll bite though. Anything short of a spectacular QB (which is never going to happen) and I'm never trading Von, even for multiple first round picks, simply because they guarantee nothing.

What are you willing to let him go for?
                    I agree with you about the talent of our starters, but disagree when you consider the entire roster. We have no quality depth except is a couple circumstances. Overall, we have a poor roster with an above average group of starters except in some key positions: QB, ILB, CB(2), Safety(2), OT, G, TE. Until this draft we had a couple other positions as substd.
                    Anyway, we need a couple more really good drafts to be good and that, of course, assumes we fix the QB and coaches positions

Comment

Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                      You saw what happened to the Raiders when mack was traded. The locker room folded. I don't see Elway even taking a risk. Von is a stud and he makes others better. I just don't see it.
                      We should NOT trade Von, but the Mack deal was not as bad as many would want to believe. They were likely to lose him in free agency anyway. Even as a dominant pass rusher, his impact only takes the D so far. As good as he's looked with the Bears he's already missed some playing time and is likely to miss more in the years to come. It's the nature of the position he plays. Contrast that with an offensive tackle or QB.
                      Having a dominant pass rusher is a critical element to a team, but it alone isn't going to get your team in the SB. Mack wanted too much money and they were going to lose him one way or another. They got significant value for him and the Bears are now stuck with that contract they signed him to. Right now it looks good, but one needs to keep in mind that Mack has only been on one team for one year that had a winning record.
                      Anyway, I don't believe the locker room folded. Their offensive line has been bad for 2 years now after being one of the best in 2016. They invested in the slug known as beast mode and he's yet to make any positive impact at all, Amari Cooper dropped more passes (I think) than DT and he would disappear in many games, and their 2 starting CBs from last year are not even starting anywhere today. Nope, the Raiders have far more problems than losing Mack.

Comment

A better coach and QB would do wonders. A rebuild is hardly necessary here.

I'll bite though. Anything short of a spectacular QB (which is never going to happen) and I'm never trading Von, even for multiple first round picks, simply because they guarantee nothing.

What are you willing to let him go for?
                        Well trading Von this off-season would only allow for us to grab another 1st this year and maybe another 1st next year...ala K.Mack. So unless we think that say Herbert is our guy then I really don't see a point in trading Von...IMO we would have been better off trading Ray for a 4th or 5th before the deadline or even trading Roby for a 2nd or 3rd. At the end of the day though Roby has NOT outplayed CHJ and has shown that he is NOT in the upper tier of CBs. Then the issue for us becomes one of two things....

1. Next season we tank

or

2. Trade Von and others and stock pile 2020 draft picks.

Comment

I would think CHJ goes before Von does.

Von isn’t publicly insinuating coaching is the problem.

He took personal responsibility to say he needs to play better.

If there’s a coaching change, I would think the new coach would want Von to stay.

If Joseph stays, I would think he would want Von to stay out of a sense of loyalty and to maintain some level of stability.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

With a cap hit of 25 mil. I don't see coaches keeping him around as an issue. The issue could be with the 6 year contract and 25 mil for the next 2 years and 22 mil in 2021.Elway could decide he is not living up to his contract He is under contract until 2022. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...n-miller-7717/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              I've seen samparnell mention this on the board several times: If we ran the ball half of the time, and used play action passing half of the time, we'd look like we were running the ball three quarters of the time. We have a running game that looks like it could be effective. We have a QB that, even right now, looks better on the move than he does dropping back and hanging out in the pocket. Install the Jake Plummer 2.0 Offense and profit.
                              You're right about the proper plan, but you also seem to be assuming that anybody in the Broncos' coaching staff would have the intelligence and competence to do what should be an obvious no-brainer here. Yet they have proven repeatedly only that they lack any kind of football common-sense whatsoever.

Comment

As to the original question, I don't see Von Miller going anywhere in the immediate future. He's the only real marketable star the Broncos have right now, and these aren't always football decisions--they are also business decisions. The Raiders could trade Mack because they have Derek Carr. The Broncos have some young players with potential (Lindsay and maybe Sutton come to mind; possibly Chubb), but none of them are there yet. Von is the only current Bronco who has the cachet to appear in national commercials and endorsements, and it's important for teams to have that visibility and marketable angle from a business perspective. NFL teams simply don't trade away the only player on the team whose jerseys are selling just to avoid a big cap number.

Comment

Working...
                                X