Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Von be back next year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    If Von got the boot it would truly be anarchy with us fans. It’s already close enough.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
      If Von got the boot it would truly be anarchy with us fans. It’s already close enough.
      I think we can also add the veteran players to the mix.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Von's contract will be renegotiated with an extension. He's not going anywhere. A key factor besides all those mentioned in this thread is he doesn't want to go anywhere. I actually the same thing will happen to CHJ as he will be extended with a new, more cap friendly, contract.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          I think we can also add the veteran players to the mix.
          Derek needs to get off of his high horse honestly. The man had a few solid years, capitalised on playing next to guys like Jackson, Ware, and Miller, and managed to sneak under the radar of offensive coaches having some good games against one on one match ups, but he was never as great as he seemed to think he was. The man right now is overpaid considering what he contributes on Sundays, he is injury prone, and when he rotates out with Zach Kerr, Kerr looks like an upgrade. I would cut him in the off-season.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Derek needs to get off of his high horse honestly. The man had a few solid years, capitalised on playing next to guys like Jackson, Ware, and Miller, and managed to sneak under the radar of offensive coaches having some good games against one on one match ups, but he was never as great as he seemed to think he was. The man right now is overpaid considering what he contributes on Sundays, he is injury prone, and when he rotates out with Zach Kerr, Kerr looks like an upgrade. I would cut him in the off-season.
            I agree, he could be replaced pretty easily. Walker could be a guy who steps up and becomes an interior presence. He won't be as good against the run but with better ILB's that should make up the difference.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Derek needs to get off of his high horse honestly.
              Despite Wolfe being on the decline the last two seasons, the big picture is that his comments might be shared by other players that have experienced the lack of a quality QB, the loss of Wade, the departure of players like Jackson and Trevathan. I would not be surprised if other players like Chris Harris, Miller, and Sanders also feel Wolfe's frustration.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                Despite Wolfe being on the decline the last two seasons, the big picture is that his comments might be shared by other players that have experienced the lack of a quality QB, the loss of Wade, the departure of players like Jackson and Trevathan. I would not be surprised if other players like Chris Harris, Miller, and Sanders also feel Wolfe's frustration.
                I can see the frustration over the QB, but this is the third season without Jackson and Trevethan, and Phillips left 2 years ago. At some point Wolfe needs to get over it already. The Broncos have continued to pay him every week despite the fact that he hasn't played a full season since 2014, and has only played in all 16 games twice in his career. Wolfe sure does complain a lot for a guy who is living off his reputation at this point.

                Perhaps the Broncos should release a statement saying they signed him to the contract because they thought he'd be healthy and would continue to play at the level he once did.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Perhaps the Broncos should release a statement saying they signed him to the contract because they thought he'd be healthy and would continue to play at the level he once did.
                  The Broncos probably will make a statement by releasing Wolfe after the season. $9 million salary in 2019.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    The Broncos probably will make a statement by releasing Wolfe after the season. $9 million salary in 2019.
                    I would hope so. Based purely on cost/benefit analysis it doesn't make sense to keep him. Then he can go and sign with whichever team pays him the most, or wherever he's got the most friends, or for whatever reason he chooses. But until then I wish he would just play football and stop acting like the Broncos owe him something.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      The Broncos probably will make a statement by releasing Wolfe after the season. $9 million salary in 2019.
                      Yep. I've liked what I've seen from D Walker in his limited snaps, a move like that should open the door for him. We'll see if he can capitalize on the opportunity.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I will cry if Von is gone. Don't break my heart like this.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                          I will cry if Von is gone. Don't break my heart like this.
                          Here's some food for thought.

                          1.) Denver selected Chubb while Miller played the previous year.
                          2.) Denver fans are pretty much mock drafting at this point. I am.

                          What Miller accomplishment in the Super Bowl was ridiculous and
                          he deserves his pay, IMO.

                          However, seeing as we suck, Denver could trade him for a king's ransom,
                          given he can land the team several high draft picks that may net Denver
                          a franchise QB, the only position Elway values above Edge Rushers.

                          Or maybe Elway could call up Howard Roseman in Philadelphia and trade
                          Miller for Wentz, straight up.

                          The Raiders have the first pick, I doubt they want Miller.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            The #1 problem on this team is coaching, not as much the talent. The problem is the coaching on both offense and defense and of course the HC. I think as soon as we get a new HC, whenever that is, we can start to expect better things for this team. Harbaugh is the top of my list
                            Agreed

                            I laugh when I see people think we are JUST a QB away from being a playoff team.

                            Good teams will continue to beat us until the coaching problem is resolved
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                              With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

                              Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

                              Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

                              Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

                              Any predictions?
                              As bad as some decisions are we are not as stupid as the Raiders

                              We keep our elite pass rushers when possible
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                                However, seeing as we suck, Denver could trade him for a king's ransom,
                                given he can land the team several high draft picks that may net Denver
                                a franchise QB, the only position Elway values above Edge Rushers.
                                That seems logical in the abstract, but all of you making this argument seem to be forgetting the fact that there are no can't-miss franchise QBs in the 2019 Draft, except maybe Herbert, who is likely to stay in school another year. Who, exectly, do you see available for next year that it would make sense trading Von for?

                                Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                                Or maybe Elway could call up Howard Roseman in Philadelphia and trade
                                Miller for Wentz, straight up.
                                You're joking, right? Do you really think there's any chance that the Eagles would make that trade, straight up? I love Von but let's be realistic here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X