Will Von be back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Von's contract will be renegotiated with an extension. He's not going anywhere. A key factor besides all those mentioned in this thread is he doesn't want to go anywhere. I actually the same thing will happen to CHJ as he will be extended with a new, more cap friendly, contract.
    Just because you cant fathom seeing it happen doesn't mean that it wont happen. Von may want to stay but he may end up in Seatlle in a trade for Russell Wilson...

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Derek needs to get off of his high horse honestly. The man had a few solid years, capitalised on playing next to guys like Jackson, Ware, and Miller, and managed to sneak under the radar of offensive coaches having some good games against one on one match ups, but he was never as great as he seemed to think he was. The man right now is overpaid considering what he contributes on Sundays, he is injury prone, and when he rotates out with Zach Kerr, Kerr looks like an upgrade. I would cut him in the off-season.
      What are you yakking about?Wolfe is quietly having one of his best seasons as a pro but If he did benefit from Ware, Jackson and Miller then why isn't he benefitting From Miller, Chubb and Peko?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        What are you yakking about?Wolfe is quietly having one of his best seasons as a pro but If he did benefit from Ware, Jackson and Miller then why isn't he benefitting From Miller, Chubb and Peko?
        We will see if the Broncos agree at seasons end when they release him due to his rapid decline and inflated salary. And really the talent on this defense right now isn't comparable to the overall talent on that 2015 defense. Even the 3 current stand outs you mention do not compare to the guys at those same positions from 2015 defense. And that's not even accounting for the rest of the talent we had on that team which is currently leaps and bounds above what we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
          Never!!!! Von is like Elway's first born child. As long as Elway is control Von will be on this team.
          That's not even close to being true. They took repeated shots at each other during Von's contract negotiation.
          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
            Here's some food for thought.

1.) Denver selected Chubb while Miller played the previous year.
            2.) Denver fans are pretty much mock drafting at this point. I am.

What Miller accomplishment in the Super Bowl was ridiculous and
            he deserves his pay, IMO.

However, seeing as we suck, Denver could trade him for a king's ransom,
            given he can land the team several high draft picks that may net Denver
            a franchise QB, the only position Elway values above Edge Rushers.

Or maybe Elway could call up Howard Roseman in Philadelphia and trade
            Miller for Wentz, straight up.

The Raiders have the first pick, I doubt they want Miller.
            I love Von and we will NOT trade him. But, some folks here are waaayyyy over valuing him. Suggesting Philly would trade a franchise QB for a 30 year old edge rusher is never going to happen. We could probably get a 1 for him but that's about it.
            BUT, we should NOT trade him. Von is the kind of player, I believe, who will negotiate a cap friendly extension when the time comes. He helps us win games and he's a really good teammate.

Comment

I love Von and we will NOT trade him. But, some folks here are waaayyyy over valuing him. Suggesting Philly would trade a franchise QB for a 30 year old edge rusher is never going to happen. We could probably get a 1 for him but that's about it.
              BUT, we should NOT trade him. Von is the kind of player, I believe, who will negotiate a cap friendly extension when the time comes. He helps us win games and he's a really good teammate.
              I think your value is about right. People keep saying that Mack went for 2 first round picks but that isn't true, it was Mack and a 2020 second for the 2019 first and the 2020 first. So Mack went for a first and trading up a round in 2020*. Given that Miller is older the value of a first is probably about right. And a franchise QB is the most valuable thing in football, they're worth multiple firsts, with it not out of the question one could be worth 3-4 first round picks.

The * is because they also swapped some lower round picks, but the meat of the deal was Mack and a second for two firsts.

Comment

Miller for Luck and swap 2019 firsts

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  Miller for Luck and swap 2019 firsts
                  There's zero chance that Indy would take that trade. Luck is having one his best years in the NFL, and they have the most cap room going into 2019. Add to that, if they somehow decided to make Luck available they'll get bigger offers than Miller and a swap of firsts.

Comment

Why would any team get rid of a franchise QB? Russell Wilson...um, what? The Seahawks need Wilson like fish need water. Who do the Seahawks replace a HOF QB with? Herbert? Some of these suggestions are just flat out unrealistic. We have Von Miller, but he can't stop our team from being 3-6. Look at the Seahawks, even with a gutted roster and in a rebuild, they still are a better team overall than us because they have Wilson. So why would they trade for that, knowing the difference in overall value?
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Just because you cant fathom seeing it happen doesn't mean that it wont happen. Von may want to stay but he may end up in Seatlle in a trade for Russell Wilson...
                      If the Seahawks trade away Russell Wilson, well, I'd say the odds are the same the Jets win the SB this year. No one is going to trade away a franchise QB for a 30 yr old edge rusher. It isn't going to happen. We did have an opportunity to get a pretty good QB (Smith & Cousins) but those deals are only available about once a decade. To get a top level QB you have to draft them or take another teams draft bounty (Garappolo).

Comment

If the Seahawks trade away Russell Wilson, well, I'd say the odds are the same the Jets win the SB this year. No one is going to trade away a franchise QB for a 30 yr old edge rusher. It isn't going to happen. We did have an opportunity to get a pretty good QB (Smith & Cousins) but those deals are only available about once a decade. To get a top level QB you have to draft them or take another teams draft bounty (Garappolo).
                        To be fair there have been numerous reports out there about unhappiness on both sides of the Seahawks/Wilson relationship. But I've got a nagging feeling that Carroll will end up back at USC in 2019 and that the Seahawks will do everything they can to repair the relationship.

Comment

Working...
                        X