Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Reasons Why Denver will beat the Chargers

1. History
    2. Chargers are a false 7-2 team. They've enjoyed a soft schedule and have squeaked past some very average opponents
    3. Broncos are not a 3-6 team. They've been competitive against the Rams and the Chiefs (twice) and could, with better luck, still be in contention. Incidentally Denver lost by single digits (in each of 3 games) vs Rams and Chiefs. Chargers lost by double digit margins against the same opponents.
    4. Broncos are out of contention, and can just play. Chargers will be expecting a result.
    5. Broncos D is better than Chargers O
    6. Broncos offense has shown signs of life
    7. The bye week has given a chance to work on the restructuring the O-Line. Let's see how the next man up theory holds up. I don't fear the Chargers D-Line.
    8. Case has at least one decent game in him this season, this could be it. I expect Sanders/Sutton to thrive against the Chargers secondary.
    9. Chubb is just warming up. Our D-Line is improving and Von is due a career day.
    10. Gordon is not a premier running back, and he will not enjoy the success of previous weeks

I hope my first post is sufficiently optimistic. Go Broncos!!!

[QUOTE=BiscuitBronco;5760728]1. History
    2. Chargers are a false 7-2 team. They've enjoyed a soft schedule and have squeaked past some very average opponents
    3. Broncos are not a 3-6 team. They've been competitive against the Rams and the Chiefs (twice) and could, with better luck, still be in contention. Incidentally Denver lost by single digits (in each of 3 games) vs Rams and Chiefs. Chargers lost by double digit margins against the same opponents.
    4. Broncos are out of contention, and can just play. Chargers will be expecting a result.
    7. The bye week has given a chance to work on the restructuring the O-Line. Let's see how the next man up theory holds up. I don't fear the Chargers D-Line.
    8. Case has at least one decent game in him this season, this could be it. I expect Sanders/Sutton to thrive against the Chargers secondary.
    9. Chubb is just warming up. Our D-Line is improving and Von is due a career day.
    10. Gordon is not a premier running back, and he will not enjoy the success of previous weeks

I hope my first post is sufficiently optimistic. Go Broncos!!![/QUOTE

Always good to be optimistic Biscuit but unfortunately I gotta disagree with you on this one. This Bronco team is very painful to watch. No leadership, underachieving on the field, and sad to say but the top guy in charge, John Elway, doesn’t seem to care. I’m disgusted with this team right now and ashamed. I sent out a post a few weeks ago asking if there was any truth to our stadium having 9 thousand fans no show to a previous game. It was true. The organization is full of apathy right now and everyone is making excuses for this team losing football games. For the first time I’m not thinking about the upcoming game versus the chargers nor the rest of the games left. In my opinion the season can’t end quick enough. Last night I verified to see if our game was being televised on national tv. Glad to see that it isn’t.
    Last edited by JHoward; 11-16-2018, 05:25 AM.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
      1. History

sigpic

Comment

Reading this thread is bound to get us long-time fans fired up. In all our previous lean periods it didn't take much to get us fired up. The Dumb and Dumber line, "So, what you're saying is there is a chance" comes to mind, and it's true. All we need is some hope and we'll be invested.
        I think we might beat the Chargers, primarily because it is a divisional game and the Chargers don't have a home field advantage. As for the rest of your list of "advantages" I think they are mostly wrong, but that's OK because we truly aren't that bad of a team and in a divisional game almost any outcome is plausible and with 95% of them being close.

Comment

Vance Joseph is a .320 head coach with a 2-10 record on the road, without a single win on the road on Sunday.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice try to get us fans rallied up however it will be to no prevail. Doom and Gloom !

Comment

I don't believe we're going to the playoffs. Just aren't good enough to go on a long run in my opinion. Would be cool if they proved me wrong. I just want to point out that we're only two games back from the 6 seed. So, we aren't technically out of it. And the fact that the teams ahead of us all have some major deficiencies as well means that none of them are guarantees to go on a run either. The two teams ahead of Denver by two games don't exactly have the easiest schedule the rest of the way in Tennessee and Cincinnati.

With that said, there are too many teams ahead of the Broncos at this point with Denver still having to play the chargers twice and Pittsburgh. But, Denver does play the Bengals.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                Vance Joseph is a .320 head coach with a 2-10 record on the road, without a single win on the road on Sunday.
                Yes, but he needs us to go 6 of 7 the rest of the year to keep his job. It could happen!

Comment

1. History

Love the optimism and couldn't agree more!!!

The Sparklers get exposed Sunday!

Great first post...
                  [sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=JHoward;5760732]
                    1. History

I hope my first post is sufficiently optimistic. Go Broncos!!![/QUOTE

Always good to be optimistic Biscuit but unfortunately I gotta disagree with you on this one. This Bronco team is very painful to watch. No leadership, underachieving on the field, and sad to say but the top guy in charge, John Elway, doesn’t seem to care. I’m disgusted with this team right now and ashamed. I sent out a post a few weeks ago asking if there was any truth to our stadium having 9 thousand fans no show to a previous game. It was true. The organization is full of apathy right now and everyone is making excuses for this team losing football games. For the first time I’m not thinking about the upcoming game versus the chargers nor the rest of the games left. In my opinion the season can’t end quick enough. Last night I verified to see if our game was being televised on national tv. Glad to see that it isn’t.
                    gordon is for sure a top ten RB in the nfl. probably higher the only backs i'd take over him are Hunt Bell and Gurley. he is on the tier down after those 3.he is easily one of the best rb in the nfl. plus our Run defense has been disappointing this year

also i was at the rams game. we where beat handily. we where losing the entire game. and it was not as close as the score indicates with the play.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

1. History

I like it. Good Post. Go Broncos. I like nothing better then making Phyllis cry.
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I don't see us winning, but who knows, historically this is the type of game the Chargers usually end up losing.

Even with a Broncos win, I doubt it means much for the season, as they likely will lose the following 2 games.

Comment

I have one more to add:

11. StubHub Center is an absolutely pathetic NFL venue, and Denver fans have a great opportunity to provide a home environment away from Mile High.

Now that being said, I do have to refute the comment about Gordon. He is absolutely a stud at RB, and considering a bottom feeder like Crowell went off for 200+ yards, Gordon is dangerous.

Comment

1. History

I was just about to write how I have I feeling that we roll the Chargers this game. I agree with most of what your said outside of Gordon not being a premier back.

Anyways, this will most likely be a home game for Denver and I think both teams don't have records that match the their play on the field. I think the players will come out hungry after a bye. Broncos by two scores.
                            sigpic

Comment

1. History

Welcome aboard!

I too like your enthusiasm. But I too am a Gordon believer...in terms of skill. I have him in FF, and he seems to bag a bundle every week.

Sure, if all things come together, we can win. But strictly talking odds, and yes, records (because they have a much better one than us), The Chargers should be favs. And I hate to say it, but if we lose, our draft pick situation gets a little better. Not hoping for a loss, but trying to see the silver lining. Of course, some others will say there's more good that may come of it...but I won't go there this day.

But how's this for a more positive perspective....

Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X