O-Line Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Which unit is hurt the worst with the losses of Harris Jr. and Sanders, respectively?

My personal opinion is the Defense. We were giving up huge passing numbers WITH CHJ on the field. It's big time sink or swim time for young mister Yiadom. I'm not saying the offensive transition will be seamless, but I think we can parse together enough offensive options for Keenum to minimize the damage. The insane thing is, we basically lost the 2nd most important players on both sides of the ball. I'd say Chris Harris is second only to Von, and Sanders is second to Case, if only because Case's backup is um, yeah, who is he?

I'm not crazy worried though, if for no other reason than our 3-6 start completely smashed my season expectations. I'm just really really really hoping last week wasn't the last time we see Sanders in a Broncos uniform.
    Defense is worse off for sure.

At least on offense we have more talent moving up the depth charts. Hamilton moves up, Patrick moves up..both have shown enough ability to get it done. Lindsey also gives us options in the passing game. Losing Sanders hurts, but we do have enough depth to somewhat mitigate the loss. We also just picked up a career journeyman receiver for depth behind the rookies.

On defense...we are shuffling safeties around to play them at corner, not having near the depth we have at receiver, this is potentially a huge problem. We already have issues covering 3rd receivers and tight ends, and now we lost the best DB we had. You can bet teams are going to use even more spread offenses against us than they already were, practically guaranteeing a mismatch on virtually every passing play.
    sigpic

Comment

Defense hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        The Defense: CHJ injury definately hurts but what everyone needs to understand is that the broncos have enough talent in the secondary to move guys around. Justin Simmons moved to the nickel CB position after Harris left the game and did a fine job while Su'a Cravens played some ILB when Josey Jewell left the game. Yes any further injuries would most likely be the final nail in the coffin but until then the Broncos will remain competitive enough, they are still pretty strong and this is a young mans secondary now aside from stewart but he can mentor them.

Offrense: With the Emmanuel Sanders injury I am trying to look at it from the glass being half full stand point by taking it as a blessing in disguise. Denver needed to get Desean Hamilton onto the field and now they have no choice but to do just that. We will be given a glimpse of the future now and I for one believe that the older group of players were having trouble buying into VJs vision but I think the youngsters of this team are going to ball out for VJ.

If Denver makes the playoffs, VJ will be a candidate for coach of the year and if he were to win the award it'd only make it harder to dismiss him like so many including myself had hoped but I'm beginning to look at it from a whole other stand point. I'm beginning to believe that he will have these young guys playing hard the rest of the way!
        I would find that improbable, and here's why; the Texans loss is on VJ. Poor clock management and pace of play. Just ask Bill O'Brien. An argument can be made that the KC game (in Denver) and the Rams game were also lost due to poor coaching, certainly due to poor team discipline (which can be argued is VJ's responsibility). It needs to be remembered we were relatively healthy for all of those games. So if he was genuinely the Coach of the Year, it seems we wouldn't have been in the position of needing such dramatic victories down the stretch to make the playoffs. My personal opinion is you'd have to look at a guy like McVay or even Andy Reid. Guys like Carroll or Vrabel or O'Brien will probably also get consideration.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Defense off-cause!

Receivers are "made" by the QB, the setup and route three. Offense can arrange how they with compensate for loss of skill players, whereas the defense is reactive, and that is where Chris Harris is so great, in his ability to read and react.
          Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 12-07-2018, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
            I would find that improbable, and here's why; the Texans loss is on VJ. Poor clock management and pace of play. Just ask Bill O'Brien. An argument can be made that the KC game (in Denver) and the Rams game were also lost due to poor coaching, certainly due to poor team discipline (which can be argued is VJ's responsibility). It needs to be remembered we were relatively healthy for all of those games. So if he was genuinely the Coach of the Year, it seems we wouldn't have been in the position of needing such dramatic victories down the stretch to make the playoffs. My personal opinion is you'd have to look at a guy like McVay or even Andy Reid. Guys like Carroll or Vrabel or O'Brien will probably also get consideration.
            Thanks for such a rational response, that’s a rarity around here.

Anyway I agree with you about VJ being responsible for the 3 losses you’ve mentioned but I also believe that would be considered if the team did in fact make the playoffs.

I believe that coach of the year honors would come to one who has over come great adversity. A coach who had been his own worst enemy with a team that is now depleted with injury yet seems to be responding very well.

It’s no doubt tha McVay and Andy Reid are two of the leagues best however if the coach of the years honors came solely based on that then we’d see belichick win it every year.

If Denver makes the playoffs after coming back from 3-6, VJ has a good shot.

Comment

I would say defense.

IMO our offense should focus more on running the ball. Sanders is probably our next best threat after Lindsay but we should focus on running the ball and leveraging that strength into the passing game.

Mean while on defense CHJr was really our only reliable cover guy. We do have some good pass rushers and DL but if the QB can get rid of the ball quickly because of bad coverage that will negative good pass rush and DL.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I read this the other day but didn't have time to post, I couldn't believe the answers people were giving. The D ? Really ?

CHJ is a big miss. He is a very good corner and any team will miss him. We are all about our pass rush and the Miller-Chubb combo, and containing the run. There is enough in the front 7 to do a decent enough job and hold up.

but losing Sanders completely kills our offense and any chance we had of reaching the playoffs. After trading DT our offense was already a 2 man show with Lindsay and Sanders. I like Sutton and the other youngsters but ES was the go to guy, the deep threat, and the only receiver the other teams D would worry about. He is also a big part of the reason Lindsay got room to work with.

Watching yesterday I could see what would happen. No receivers could get separation and the 49'ers completely focused on shutting down our ONLY weapon in PL so predictably he had no room to work with.

I am not the biggest CK fan but he tried his best yesterday and gritted it out, he is just left with a bunch of rookies around him.

So IMO there is no comparison. The CHJ loss hurts. The ES loss completely kills our offense and our season off.

Comment

Working...
                X