2019 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 cap

It looks like we will have $50 million plus to spend next year on all our holes.

If we release:

Marshall
    Leary
    Stewart
    Wolfe

We free up another $24 million. ( I'm not sure we let go of Wolfe, but it is a possibility)

That's $75 million. Where do we spend the money?

Do we let free agents Roby, Paradis, Veldheer, Shelby Harris, Kerr, Peko, Brock, Heureman, Turner walk?

Or sign a few of them back?

Our Online will once again have major holes. I have know idea what we do at nose tackle as Peko is getting up there.

$75 million where do we spend?
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Three guys I wouldn't hesitate to re-sign are Shelby Harris, Billy Turner and Bradley Roby.

Some of this depends on whether or not VJ remains and the way the lines play remains the same. Turner can fit other styles, but Shelby Harris is more of a one-gap than a two-gap. Roby should be re-signed because he is a good Corner and they are hard to find.

Paradis should be considered, but again it depends on style of O-Line. He is best suited for zone steps against a split front. McGovern is better suited for what is currently being run. If Paradis is on the field, it must be at Center. He's a backup G in a pinch and has little versatility.

Veldheer missed some games. He is playing very well at RT now. Denver will have a good idea of his health and possible longevity. If they think he's got a year or two more in him, they could re-sign him to a one or two year deal.

Kerr has played well lately. He is a good rotational DL in the current system. A reasonable extension would be good IMO.

Domata is near the end of his career. Denver knows if and how he would fit in future plans. It wouldn't surprise if he was re-signed to a team friendly one or two year deal.

Brock might get a team friendly non-guaranteed contract to compete in TC with whatever new Corners Denver can get. I think it's possible to upgrade.

Heuerman has had a couple of season ending injuries. Denver's training and medical staff will be able to report to the FO about that. His most recent injury is at least different than previous ones, and seems like something from which he can recover. He was starting to have some good games. There is probably a 50/50 chance he is re-signed.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We can't release Stewart, he is the only player in the secondary making tackles.

Leary has played well for us in an O/L that has shown improvement this year. I believe we should give him another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jrod48 View Post
        We can't release Stewart, he is the only player in the secondary making tackles.

Leary has played well for us in an O/L that has shown improvement this year. I believe we should give him another chance.
        Plus Leary's contract is guaranteed against injury, so they'll likley have to pay him either way. Might as well keep him

Comment

We have one of the youngest teams in the league. Honestly I wouldn't spend much and let the cap roll into next year. If we can get a franchise QB by 2020, then maybe spend the money then

Comment

Wolfe, Shelby Harris and Turner would keep.

Paradise, it depends on the deal, we aren't exactly brimming with good healthy OL players right now and it might be nice going into next year with him in the mix.

Veldheer also has had some injuries but has played well at Tackle. So I would say the same for him as I did for Paradise.

Huereman probably comes pretty cheap, but he was starting to show something and considering the depth at TE, I would like to bring him back on to see him back competing for a position next year.

Peko will probably come cheap, if he does he is experienced and could mentor the younger guys I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year, but won't blink twice if he isn't either.

Roby, it depends on the money. I'm afraid he is going to want to be paid way too much. If so I'd let him walk, use his money to put toward someone else.

Brock, only want him on an extremely friendly contract that will let him compete.

Stewart and Marshall I let walk.

I am not even interested in competing for Garcia or Ray.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              We have one of the youngest teams in the league. Honestly I wouldn't spend much and let the cap roll into next year. If we can get a franchise QB by 2020, then maybe spend the money then
              We need to improve our team pass protection. If players are available we should really sign them.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Keep Harris, paradis, Kerr huereman. And find a damn qb. PLEASE!
                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

With the cap raise it looks like Denver could be one of the biggest spenders...

http://twitter.com/FieldYates/status...43157970567170

Comment

Spend on OL. We have almost no hope of having great QB play next year, so sign the OL now so they will be in place for the following year. CB and LB/S wouldn't be bad either.

Comment

2019 Projected Salary Cap

Last edited by Rastic; 12-12-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Was looking at our free agents and online cap websites.

Think we are a little tighter on cap space than I thought. We have a chunk of dead cap.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Was looking at our free agents and online cap websites.

Think we are a little tighter on cap space than I thought. We have a chunk of dead cap.
                          With cuts likely coming for several vets, our cap space will be plenty. Marshall, Wolfe, Leary, Sanders, Keenum and more could be gone.

Comment

I think there are a lot of Broncos fans that are going to be pissed in the offseason. Once Elways admits this is rebuild mode I think we gut the whole team and focus on getting players that will be here in the future. That includes cutting: Case, Wolfe, Marsh, Stew, and possibly Sanders. Also trading Von and Harris!!! Omg I know!! How can you trade them!? Harris won’t be on this team next year because he said he doesn’t want to be on a team that’s rebuilding at this point in his career. With one year left on the deal you get value while you can. As great as Von is, his future with Denver in rebuilding mode makes no sense. Why kee him here on a team that will not be competing and waste his career. Trade him and get something similar Oak got for Mack.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              With cuts likely coming for several vets, our cap space will be plenty. Marshall, Wolfe, Leary, Sanders, Keenum and more could be gone.
                              Sanders could stay, dont think they cut Keenum, Leary i'd keep. Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart are possible though.

Comment

Working...
                              X