2019 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I think there are a lot of Broncos fans that are going to be pissed in the offseason. Once Elways admits this is rebuild mode I think we gut the whole team and focus on getting players that will be here in the future. That includes cutting: Case, Wolfe, Marsh, Stew, and possibly Sanders. Also trading Von and Harris!!! Omg I know!! How can you trade them!? Harris won’t be on this team next year because he said he doesn’t want to be on a team that’s rebuilding at this point in his career. With one year left on the deal you get value while you can. As great as Von is, his future with Denver in rebuilding mode makes no sense. Why kee him here on a team that will not be competing and waste his career. Trade him and get something similar Oak got for Mack.
    I dont think we gut the team, but there's certainly gonna be some change, especially after the last 2 years we had.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      I think there are a lot of Broncos fans that are going to be pissed in the offseason. Once Elways admits this is rebuild mode I think we gut the whole team and focus on getting players that will be here in the future. That includes cutting: Case, Wolfe, Marsh, Stew, and possibly Sanders. Also trading Von and Harris!!! Omg I know!! How can you trade them!? Harris won’t be on this team next year because he said he doesn’t want to be on a team that’s rebuilding at this point in his career. With one year left on the deal you get value while you can. As great as Von is, his future with Denver in rebuilding mode makes no sense. Why kee him here on a team that will not be competing and waste his career. Trade him and get something similar Oak got for Mack.
      Quote from Elway. "If I say 'rebuild' it sounds like an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        Quote from Elway. "If I say 'rebuild' it sounds like an excuse."
        Because it is an excuse. What ownership is ever going to imply to their fans that they aren’t even trying next season? Just rebuilding for 3-4 years down the road.

And rebuild is just an excuse to suck.

We won’t gut all veterans. All teams even if actually rebuilding want veteran leadership to bring up the youngsters. That’s why i think Von Miller won’t be traded. I don’t really believe CHJ will either. Those guys would be key to retooling this defense back to championship caliber.

On offense I would believe sanders is kept to however after Injuries in consecutive seasons I could see them saving money there. But we all saw how big of a loss he was to the wr core and if healthy he would be key to developing what seems like a talented young group.
        sigpic

Comment

Von Miller is the face of the team. Hes gonna stay. Idk about the rest of the vets.
          I hope we look into signing Bridgewatter

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
            Von Miller is the face of the team. Hes gonna stay. Idk about the rest of the vets.
            I hope we look into signing Bridgewatter
            That can change real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Sanders could stay, dont think they cut Keenum, Leary i'd keep. Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart are possible though.
              Peko contract about to expire. If we cut Wolfe teams will run through our defense like hot knife through butter. Our pass rush will not matter at all.

Problem with cutting someone is we still need to sign someone better. If the cut comes with dead cap then it makes upgrading that roster spot more difficult
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
              X